13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6519

i asked my wife once what she saw in me. she said the part in my hair.

we worked at the same place for a few months, and it wasn't til we wound up at the same bar one night after work, that we hit it off. we became good friends, and more . . .

now the part in my hair that she sees is grey, and thinner. i love her more now than i first did, and understand the difference between plato and eros.

her looks caught my eye, but didn't turn my head. she thought of me as someone who would fight at the drop of a hat ( i got us eventually 86'd from that bar) and until we talked the spark wasn't there. looks do mean something, just not everything.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5379|London, England

Ticia wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Ticia wrote:

BS
BS to which part?
All of it.

JohnG@lt wrote:

People are way too hung up on this stuff. Looks is not something I've ever really cared about for myself. I'm not trendy, nor have I ever been.
BS 'cause everyone is self conscious about what they look like.
To a small extent I guess. I have no problem walking out in public unshaven with bedhead and wearing slippers and sweatpants. When I get dressed I put on whatever is clean and if it matches, well, bonus points.

About the only time I care about what I look like is when I get dressed up for special occasions like weddings etc.

JohnG@lt wrote:

I've also never had a problem picking up women. It's all about confidence. It really doesn't matter what you look like (as long as you're not a 400 lb 5'2 troll ), it's how you project yourself. If you're interesting and a borderline asshole you're in. Save the nice guy stuff for after you've already reeled her in.
BS 'cause if that it true then the women you date must have half a brain
Well, I seek out intelligence in women as a priority so no. I don't like small talk, it bores me, so she has to be an interesting person and not an empty hot body. The empties are for one night stands

JohnG@lt wrote:

It's actually harder for a 10 to get a date than it is for a 6, 7 or 8. Why? Because people won't approach what they feel is out of their league. The 6, 7 or 8 is a safer bet to accept and also not be a headcase or a bitch
BS 'cause using numerology shows just how much looks actually play up in your life.
I used the numeric system as a descriptive tool because it's something everyone understands
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6387|California
I think girls from california are hit the hardest because of the media and what not
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6547|South Florida
I agree fox, its the pussification of teens and children. Mother nature isnt fair and those who are at athstetical disadvanteges need to find other ways of attracting mates.

For women, giving incredible blowjobs may be enough to keep you around.
For men, having a lot of money should keep a dime by your side.

Once again, mother nature is not fair and no one is created equal. Self confidence is great but dont ask me to bottle my opinion for fear of "offending" you.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6559|Long Island, New York
I tried convincing my ex-girlfriend (who wasn't skinny but really wasn't overly fat either... no flat stomach for sure, but definitely not a chunker) she was beautiful all the time and she just wouldn't believe me no matter what I told her. Even when I slept over her house once and saw her with no makeup, sweatpants and hair tied up and STILL thought she was beautiful... she still wouldn't believe me.

I also have struggled with body image issues my whole life. For a good portion of the years inbetween 5th grade and 11th grade, I was overweight. I was a shut in from 6th-9th grade and for most of last year. Only recently did I lose the weight (due mostly because of my first girlfriend, the aforementioned ex). I was 5'10" 210 pounds at this time last year. Now I'm 160. And now I'm gonna be going off to college, sexing up girls errr'day, and dorming with people. Crazy stuff.

And just so you know I'm not making this stuff up:

8th grade:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/osgood35nyi/Universal%2006/P3280161.jpg

9th grade:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/osgood35nyi/teddynolan.jpg

11th grade:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/osgood35nyi/me11.jpg

And finally, 160 pound me now:

https://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs153.snc3/18050_266719830519_655780519_4844134_4879610_n.jpg
jamiecracker
+17|6769|Wollongong,Australia
people do dwell on it a bit too much for my liking but that is just human nature. My youngest brother is fully metrosexual with all the hair care and body products i think he has always had body issues but is as fit as a fiddle.
where as I am over weight and married with kids and couldnt give a stuff, I do keep myself clean and tidy and even manage to wipe my arse correctly.
Maybe Facebook is just allowing younger people to express themselves in different ways to when i was young.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5723|College Park, MD
You look way different than I imagined. Congrats though!
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6559|Long Island, New York
Why, because I'm not wearing a yarmulke with jew curls? lol
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6706|United States of America

Ticia wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Whilst perusing Facebook, I noticed one of my friends joined a group/fan thing for which the general message is one of those lame-ass "Tell here she's beautiful" sort of themes. I understand that a LOT of young people of both genders go through a lot of stress with the "ideal body image" issues in adolescence, but do we really need to sugar coat everything and pretend that we treat everyone the same?

What I was thinking is that while everyone may have their own inner beauty and thus be, to an extent, beautiful; there is a large distinction between that and being attractive (which is subjective anyway). Attraction isn't something we can really control and is just the human animal looking to get its freak on.

Thoughts/comments/rants/treatises?
If being attractive is subjective then everyone can be beautiful to someone else.
And attraction a lot of times isn't exactly about looks, have you never met someone you found ugly but wanted to ravish?
Girls have this happen all the time,we meet some weird guy who looks like Jack Black and for some inexplicable reason we can't rest until we have him.
What I was originally remarking upon is how many people consider themselves ugly on the inside, which is really their personal point of view that they can alter, but how if you've got a face that looks like a pigs entrails, you can be a beautiful person, but not attractive.
In regards to your question, though: no. Although I have saw girls I found attractive and then had "What the hell was I thinking moments?" a bit later on; maybe they were two-faces, I don't know.
Ticia
+73|5356

JohnG@lt wrote:

To a small extent I guess. I have no problem walking out in public unshaven with bedhead and wearing slippers and sweatpants. When I get dressed I put on whatever is clean and if it matches, well, bonus points.

About the only time I care about what I look like is when I get dressed up for special occasions like weddings etc.
Extremely good looking people can get away with that but the rest of us mortals can't. So if you're saying the truth drop the homeless chic as a favor to mankind.

JohnG@lt wrote:

Well, I seek out intelligence in women as a priority so no. I don't like small talk, it bores me, so she has to be an interesting person and not an empty hot body. The empties are for one night stands
So the girls you date like assholes. How smart of them.

JohnG@lt wrote:

I used the numeric system as a descriptive tool because it's something everyone understands
Well I don't. Objectifying women like that is where guys fail in the first place.
Ticia
+73|5356

DesertFox- wrote:

What I was originally remarking upon is how many people consider themselves ugly on the inside, which is really their personal point of view that they can alter, but how if you've got a face that looks like a pigs entrails, you can be a beautiful person, but not attractive.
In regards to your question, though: no. Although I have saw girls I found attractive and then had "What the hell was I thinking moments?" a bit later on; maybe they were two-faces, I don't know.
Some people find pigs attractive so (again) too subjective to even discuss this.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5379|London, England

Ticia wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Extremely good looking people can get away with that but the rest of us mortals can't. So if you're saying the truth drop the homeless chic as a favor to mankind.

JohnG@lt wrote:

So the girls you date like assholes. How smart of them.

JohnG@lt wrote:

Well I don't. Objectifying women like that is where guys fail in the first place.
In my experience most women go for the assholes. It might be an American thing but it's almost universally true.

And according to research it entirely depends on what time of the month it is for women when it comes to who they find attractive. Certain parts of the month they favor strong masculine types and at other times they favor the nice guys. It also depends on where they are in life. Younger girls aren't necessarily looking for a lifetime mate and go for the former type. Those looking for a husband go for the latter. It's genetic.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
androoz
Banned
+137|5234|United States

Poseidon wrote:

I tried convincing my ex-girlfriend (who wasn't skinny but really wasn't overly fat either... no flat stomach for sure, but definitely not a chunker) she was beautiful all the time and she just wouldn't believe me no matter what I told her. Even when I slept over her house once and saw her with no makeup, sweatpants and hair tied up and STILL thought she was beautiful... she still wouldn't believe me.

I also have struggled with body image issues my whole life. For a good portion of the years inbetween 5th grade and 11th grade, I was overweight. I was a shut in from 6th-9th grade and for most of last year. Only recently did I lose the weight (due mostly because of my first girlfriend, the aforementioned ex). I was 5'10" 210 pounds at this time last year. Now I'm 160. And now I'm gonna be going off to college, sexing up girls errr'day, and dorming with people. Crazy stuff.

And just so you know I'm not making this stuff up:

8th grade:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/ … 280161.jpg

9th grade:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/ … ynolan.jpg

11th grade:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/ … i/me11.jpg

And finally, 160 pound me now:

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak … 9610_n.jpg
GJ pos, you look pretty sharp. (no homo, well slight homo i guess)

ive also gotten in shape the past 8 months.
Ticia
+73|5356

JohnG@lt wrote:

In my experience most women go for the assholes. It might be an American thing but it's almost universally true.

And according to research it entirely depends on what time of the month it is for women when it comes to who they find attractive. Certain parts of the month they favor strong masculine types and at other times they favor the nice guys. It also depends on where they are in life. Younger girls aren't necessarily looking for a lifetime mate and go for the former type. Those looking for a husband go for the latter. It's genetic.
No. Most dumb women go for the assholes.

Ah genetics...the cop out excuse. Next thing you're going to say genetics make a man stray
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6737

Ticia wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

No. Most dumb women go for the assholes.

Ah genetics...the cop out excuse. Next thing you're going to say genetics make a man stray
lrn2biology.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Lai
+186|6172

Poseidon wrote:

saw her with no makeup, sweatpants and hair tied up and STILL thought she was beautiful... she still wouldn't believe me.
Yeah,.. wonder why she didn't.

Ticia wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

It's actually harder for a 10 to get a date than it is for a 6, 7 or 8. Why? Because people won't approach what they feel is out of their league. The 6, 7 or 8 is a safer bet to accept and also not be a headcase or a bitch
BS
This

At least not applying to people in general. I know I always tend to go for girls waaaaaaaaaay out of my league and not just necesarily with regard to looks.
Ticia
+73|5356

Lai wrote:

Ticia wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

BS
This

At least not applying to people in general. I know I always tend to go for girls waaaaaaaaaay out of my league and not just necesarily with regard to looks.
Poor of you who live in a world of leagues. Are you guys still in high school?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6519

no.
Lai
+186|6172

Ticia wrote:

Lai wrote:

Ticia wrote:

BS
This

Poor of you who live in a world of leagues. Are you guys still in high school?
Poor you who can only see a league as a certain fixed grade in a system rather than a way to describe an abstract sense of "distance".

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard