Banned
+402|5416

henno13 wrote:

"avid PC gamer"
lol.  thats good.  didnt see that.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6365|Belfast
for your little rant about fos only suited for the pc, YOUR AN IDIOT! i used to be an advid pc gamer but i always hated the fn mouse and key board. IT BLOWS! the console was always way more fun. ex. i buy the same system that everyone else has. no need to deal with frustrating lag because of different rigs and i dont have to spend a bagillion dollars every fn time a new game comes out. by the way fps have always done better on the consoles anyways, which is why so many developers make so many for them. besides you morons are just going to steal the games anyways.
His parents were in the room when he was typing that. He is the typical console fanboy, he doesn't even know proper spelling and grammar.

Last edited by henno13 (2009-10-30 12:50:54)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6681|NT, like Mick Dundee

csmag wrote:

Cheez wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

PC Games are cheaper Very debatable
Over here PC games are $80, console games are $100, DS games are $120.

Steam is $40.

wat
DS games are more than console games?

the fuck..
Price gouging bro. We suffer from it heavily here.

Btw, the steam price is relative. Activision charges roughly twice as much for CoD4 here on steam as everywhere else.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5440|Athens, GA
stupid thread
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5416

ICCULUS wrote:

stupid thread
is stupid
pick your poison, it's all going to cost more over time
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6360

Flecco wrote:

csmag wrote:

Cheez wrote:

Over here PC games are $80, console games are $100, DS games are $120.

Steam is $40.

wat

the fuck..

Btw, the steam price is relative. Activision charges roughly twice as much for CoD4 here on steam as everywhere else.
Australia is like the most fucked up country/continent in the world. What´s going on over there you guis?!
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6239|Escea

https://www.funnymediablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/xbox360-copied.jpg

I'd use either system, no preference really. The whole control thing (Mouse/keyboard vs controller sticks) makes no difference to me.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5602

Miggle wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Miggle wrote:

It really isn't, at least, it shouldn't be.

PCs have better online, for less money. That depends on the community and the person, all relative
PCs have a much bigger library, spanning every genre, ever.Fair Enough
PCs Have M/KB support Ps3 and Xbox have keyboard and mice sets that work with them
PCs can play games from older consolesMost of the famous and great stuff is re released over, but I'll give you that one
PCs have a huge selection of controllers, steering wheels, etc availableThere are plenty of companies that have aftermarket stuff available for consoles[/h[
PC Games are cheaper [h]Very debatable, new games are the same price, older games are of course cheaper as are older PS and Xbox games

PC Piracy is easierNot something video game makers are happy about
PCs support virtually any resolution monitorAs long as the video card does.
You probably already own at least one PCOn a gaming laptop right now

Just to name a few.
As far as online goes, PCs don't have to pay any extra fees, have much more freedom in game selection, and have 3rd party programs to do everything XBL does and more. At the same time consoles don't suffer from things like hackers and since the service is paid for it's reliability is guaranteed. Though yes you do have a bunch of third party programs that do everything that XBL offers, games on XBL and PS3 have full integration with the games. No need to worry about things like "why doesn't xfire inject itself or if one program is messing with another."

Consoles have aftermarket controllers, yes, but nowhere near the selection that PCs have.Sure they have a wide selection but really beside a few major brands, most people don't even consider other controllers or keyboards.

New PC games are $50, New console games are $60I'll give you that one.

Have you ever used your PS3 with an SD TV? When I did, I was thoroughly unable to read anything. Games were clearly developed for HDTVs, on PC I have never seen that issue.Fair enough
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6554|Long Island, New York

Macbeth wrote:

At the same time consoles don't suffer from things like hackers and since the service is paid for it's reliability is guaranteed. Though yes you do have a bunch of third party programs that do everything that XBL offers, games on XBL and PS3 have full integration with the games. No need to worry about things like "why doesn't xfire inject itself or if one program is messing with another."
just to play the Devil's Advocate here...there are PLENTY of hackers on PSN and XBL alike. Halo 2/3 have suffered from hacking quite a bit.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6239|Escea

I've wondered, how do they managed to hack with the PS3 or Xbox? Do they just download a program containing the hack like they do on PC? And then...do, something, with it?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6671

No hackers on consoles? You've gotta be kidding me.

Hackers pop up all the friggin time. If the game is popular, developers might make some patches or something, but most of the time shit isn't fixed and they run rampant and then the community dies.
edlT
2+2=Vagina
+46|5415|USA

mtb0minime wrote:

Hackers pop up all the friggin time. If the game is popular, developers might make some patches or something, but most of the time shit isn't fixed and they run rampant and then the community dies.
Console players don't pirate games bro. There's no jailbreaking or other type of piracy.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6671

edlT wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Console players don't pirate games bro. There's no jailbreaking or other type of piracy.
Please tell me that's sarcasm
edlT
2+2=Vagina
+46|5415|USA

mtb0minime wrote:

edlT wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Jus' stating the facts, man.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6758|FUCK UBISOFT

mtb0minime wrote:

edlT wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

looked like blatant sarcasm to me...
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6758|FUCK UBISOFT

Macbeth wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

As far as online goes, PCs don't have to pay any extra fees, have much more freedom in game selection, and have 3rd party programs to do everything XBL does and more. At the same time consoles don't suffer from things like hackers and since the service is paid for it's reliability is guaranteed. Though yes you do have a bunch of third party programs that do everything that XBL offers, games on XBL and PS3 have full integration with the games. No need to worry about things like "why doesn't xfire inject itself or if one program is messing with another."

Consoles have aftermarket controllers, yes, but nowhere near the selection that PCs have.Sure they have a wide selection but really beside a few major brands, most people don't even consider other controllers or keyboards.

Have you ever used your PS3 with an SD TV? When I did, I was thoroughly unable to read anything. Games were clearly developed for HDTVs, on PC I have never seen that issue.Fair enough
XBL and PSN are hardly "reliable". I don't even really know what you mean by that, as they both lag signifigantly more than a low ping PC server, and suffer downtime, which the internet itself doesn't.

As far as xfire injecting itself, they usually add that in within a week of a game's launch, but I will give you that.

For aftermarket controllers it does make a difference, Some people prefer the 360 controller, others prefer the PS controller, on PC you can have both, cheaper. Selection allows you to pick out what you want based on price, features, etc. Instead of having 1 or 2 to choose from.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
edlT
2+2=Vagina
+46|5415|USA
XBL has more downtime than anything else I use.

There was recently a 1 month period where the signup / GT recovery system was down. There was a thread about it from the first day it went down. Their support bullshitting people around for weeks until they finally fixed it.

I lost a month of my 1 year sub over it.

Fuck MS.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5602

Miggle wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Miggle wrote:

XBL and PSN are hardly "reliable". I don't even really know what you mean by that, as they both lag signifigantly more than a low ping PC server, and suffer downtime, which the internet itself doesn't.I've never seen the PSN down, but I only use it casually mainly for updates, patches, expansions and such. I assume with heavy use you can expect downtime and such but for the most part I find it to be pretty reliable. Mind you I am a very casual "gamer" but did put large amounts of time into BF2 and have seen the poor performance and considering I've blown nearly half a grand on Steam games, I can recall STEAM services to being down several times.

As far as xfire injecting itself, they usually add that in within a week of a game's launch, but I will give you that.

For aftermarket controllers it does make a difference, Some people prefer the 360 controller, others prefer the PS controller, on PC you can have both, cheaper. Selection allows you to pick out what you want based on price, features, etc. Instead of having 1 or 2 to choose from.But lets be serious, people only will buy either Gwhatever or Copperhead mice and the G5 keyboard is the standard for game playing on the PC. There may be a very wide selection but people who play more than just a few hours per week always go for those 3 products when it comes to mice and keyboards.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6485

Macbeth wrote:

But lets be serious, people only will buy either Gwhatever or Copperhead mice and the G5 keyboard is the standard for game playing on the PC. There may be a very wide selection but people who play more than just a few hours per week always go for those 3 products when it comes to mice and keyboards.
No?
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6456|Brisbane, Australia

Macbeth. You're horrible.

That is all.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6681|NT, like Mick Dundee

Sisco10 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

csmag wrote:

the fuck..

Australia is like the most fucked up country/continent in the world. What´s going on over there you guis?!
Nanny state + no companies willing to let go of certain privileges they've gained here. Such as having download and upload limits on people's net.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6697|Disaster Free Zone

Flecco wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

capitalism
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6360

Flecco wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Nanny state + no companies willing to let go of certain privileges they've gained here. Such as having download and upload limits on people's net.
Communism? I always though Germany was crap when it comes to such things, but jeez, Aussielands.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard