DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6706|United States of America
Definitely gonna play it first. That review Jens posted makes me want to at least try it out, which the commercials already had me wanting to. I enjoyed MW, and ProStreet to bit of a lesser extent, but I look forward to playing this and rolling in an kicking ass in style in an Aston
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6291
Oh. So Criterion are working on the next one?

Oh well. Nevermind then. Not interested anymore.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-09-22 11:05:53)

GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5954|CA
I hate racing games, but I'm buying this.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6865|Reykjavík, Iceland.
HOW DID THEY FUCK UP THE MENU SO BADLY?

Ok, so I configured my gamepad, and started a game, hoping to be able to tweak controls to my likings.

Did a test lap, wasn't satisfied, so I pressed esc to get the menu.
What's this? No options to change controls while ingame? Oh well, then I'll have to go back to menu.

BUT WHAT'S THIS! NO OPTION TO GO BACK TO MENU!

Turns out I need to task manager and kill the game and restart it to tweak controls, since you can't go back to menu after starting a game unless you have completed the first two races, which are important to your configuration and the money you start with. Yeah, good luck getting a good score in a race with fucked up controls...

Also, after using the analog stick on my gamepad, I'm thinking I'd be more accurate tapping the d-pad...Maybe it's just a sensitivity issue though.

Oh, and the menu ONLY accepts input from the arrow keys, which is great fun because my right arrow key isn't working (need to take apart the keyboard to fix, cba, never use those few keys that are dead)

I leaned back in my seat with my gamepad in hand, only to find out I had to lean forward again and use KB to navigate the menu!!!

/rage

The driving itself seems great though.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6754|St. Andrews / Oslo

Sydney wrote:

HOW DID THEY FUCK UP THE MENU SO BADLY?

Ok, so I configured my gamepad, and started a game, hoping to be able to tweak controls to my likings.

Did a test lap, wasn't satisfied, so I pressed esc to get the menu.
What's this? No options to change controls while ingame? Oh well, then I'll have to go back to menu.

BUT WHAT'S THIS! NO OPTION TO GO BACK TO MENU!

Turns out I need to task manager and kill the game and restart it to tweak controls, since you can't go back to menu after starting a game unless you have completed the first two races, which are important to your configuration and the money you start with. Yeah, good luck getting a good score in a race with fucked up controls...

Also, after using the analog stick on my gamepad, I'm thinking I'd be more accurate tapping the d-pad...Maybe it's just a sensitivity issue though.

Oh, and the menu ONLY accepts input from the arrow keys, which is great fun because my right arrow key isn't working (need to take apart the keyboard to fix, cba, never use those few keys that are dead)

I leaned back in my seat with my gamepad in hand, only to find out I had to lean forward again and use KB to navigate the menu!!!

/rage

Yeah, this annoyed the shit out of me...

I had to do the test and the first race with the keyboard... Doesn't really matter, I just turned all assists off manually, and even though I finished in last place I had enough for a Golf which isn't bad.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5926|CA

OmniDeath wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

Get Dirt.
Yeah Dirt 2 > NFS Shift.
Dirt 2 isn't out for the PC yet.
That, and they probably want to see how good it sells before it can be pirated.
jaymz9350
+54|6599

Sydney wrote:

-Also, after using the analog stick on my gamepad, I'm thinking I'd be more accurate tapping the d-pad...Maybe it's just a sensitivity issue though.

/rage

Wow that sucks for you, i can navigate the menu's with my wheel and 360 controller.
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5926|CA

Sydney wrote:

A patch has been released adding mouse support for navigating the menus.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
Wow, after finally starting to properly play this game, it's awesome! Best NFS title ever I dare say.

Graphics maxed out, 1st person cockpit view, all driving assistance off, manual gear changing, gamepad = WIN

Last edited by Sydney (2009-09-23 16:31:44)

VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6694|A sunburnt country
I play a lot of racing games and I think NFS:Shift is great.  My impression is that if Grid and GT5 (Prologue) mated then NFS:Shift would be the offspring!  It is still a little arcady and the lack of 1080p definition lets it down but all-round I am finding it pretty good fun. 

I'm still holding my breathe for the full version of GT5 but in the meantime, NFS:Shift is keeping me occupied.
Sydney
2λчиэλ

VspyVspy wrote:

I play a lot of racing games and I think NFS:Shift is great.  My impression is that if Grid and GT5 (Prologue) mated then NFS:Shift would be the offspring!  It is still a little arcady and the lack of 1080p definition lets it down but all-round I am finding it pretty good fun. 

I'm still holding my breathe for the full version of GT5 but in the meantime, NFS:Shift is keeping me occupied.
Pft, 1080p, 1680x1050 is just as good
csmag
+92|6468|Canada
Whats the verdict? Should I trade in GRID for this or not?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6642|London, England

jaymz9350 wrote:

Sydney wrote:

-Also, after using the analog stick on my gamepad, I'm thinking I'd be more accurate tapping the d-pad...Maybe it's just a sensitivity issue though.

/rage

Wow that sucks for you, i can navigate the menu's with my wheel and 360 controller.
Racing games belong on consoles just like FPS games belong on PC's, it's usually more hassle than it's worth getting a nice setup for racing on a PC.

I really do hope they release a demo on the PS3. I watched that review and it nudged me towards buying this, but I need to see what it's like for myself.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6763|FUCK UBISOFT

Mekstizzle wrote:

jaymz9350 wrote:

Sydney wrote:

/rage

Racing games belong on consoles just like FPS games belong on PC's, it's usually more hassle than it's worth getting a nice setup for racing on a PC.

I really do hope they release a demo on the PS3. I watched that review and it nudged me towards buying this, but I need to see what it's like for myself.
PCs have a wider selection of controllers and steering wheels, better graphics and better online.

What have consoles got?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5926|CA

Miggle wrote:

What have consoles got?
At least consoles don't have the CSS community, but that's about all they've got going for them...
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6763|FUCK UBISOFT

TopHat01 wrote:

Miggle wrote:

What have consoles got?
At least consoles don't have the CSS community, but that's about all they've got going for them...
as bad as the CSS community is, it can't beat the console community.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
illExtend
+7|6162

Miggle wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

jaymz9350 wrote:

PCs have a wider selection of controllers and steering wheels, better graphics and better online.

What have consoles got?
A good PC costs 4 times more then consoles, they better have something.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6703|Disaster Free Zone

illExtend wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

What have consoles got?
A good PC costs 4 times more then consoles, they better have something.
A consoles not very useful without a tv... which costs about the same as a good computer. Making them more expensive.
illExtend
+7|6162
Ha, you can use your TV as a computer monitor as well. I'm not against either, I've been reading these forums for awhile and everyone seems to hate one or the other. I don't get why, its fuckin gaming.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6365

illExtend wrote:

Ha, you can use your TV as a computer monitor as well. I'm not against either, I've been reading these forums for awhile and everyone seems to hate one or the other. I don't get why, its fuckin gaming.
STATS ARE LIFE!!!!!1111!11a
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Jenspm
penis

csmag wrote:

in my opinion, GRID is just terrible, and SHIFT is decent.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Sydney
2λчиэλ

Jenspm wrote:

csmag wrote:

DIRT is pretty good though. I'll have to check out DIRT2.

I also remember trying out a super realistic racer called RACE07, I think that was made by Slightly Mad Studios before they made NFS:Shift.

Also, precision vs aggression? What's your style? I get precision every single race

I'm also surprised how fast I picked up manual shifting in the game, the first few races I was always hitting the rev limiter, but now it's second nature depending on the engine sound

I dl'ed this game, and I'm seriously considering buying it for the multiplayer, anyone else getting it legit who would be interested in some MP racing?

And yet another edit: How is the game performing for you? I'm running everything maxed out, 1680x1050 8xAA on a 8800GTX and a 4.0GHz C2D and I've never had the slightest framerate drop.

Last edited by Sydney (2009-09-24 03:56:59)

Jenspm
penis

Sydney wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

csmag wrote:

DIRT is pretty good though. I'll have to check out DIRT2.

I also remember trying out a super realistic racer called RACE07, I think that was made by Slightly Mad Studios before they made NFS:Shift.

Also, precision vs aggression? What's your style? I get precision every single race

I'm also surprised how fast I picked up manual shifting in the game, the first few races I was always hitting the rev limiter, but now it's second nature depending on the engine sound

I dl'ed this game, and I'm seriously considering buying it for the multiplayer, anyone else getting it legit who would be interested in some MP racing?

And yet another edit: How is the game performing for you? I'm running everything maxed out, 1680x1050 8xAA on a 8800GTX and a 4.0GHz C2D and I've never had the slightest framerate drop.
I'm maxed out on a 4850 and a Q9300... 1280x1024 though... Seems like a very efficient game or whatever.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6642|London, England
Ah, according to PS3 vault. A demo is coming 1st October

http://www.ps3vault.com/nfs-shift-demo- … tober-6747
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6178|Vancouver | Canada

Miggle wrote:

TopHat01 wrote:

Miggle wrote:

What have consoles got?
as bad as the CSS community is, it can't beat the console community.
Yeah....the console community is fucking horrid.

No matter how high your KDR is against someone, they'll still pipe up in their little reedy 14 year old voices saying how they "pwnt" you.

..at least that how it was a few years ago when I actually played consoles. Maybe it's better now....but I doubt that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard