lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Varegg wrote:

Why not go directly to the source lowing? ... afraid of what you may encounter? ... or afraid of turning to Islam if you read a few lines in the Quran?
Nope, I simply have no intention of reading the Koran from cover to cover. If you are convinced that I will find that everyone else is wrong and Islam is peaceful and tolerant and Sharia Law is just and tolerant, YOU or Beduin would have already pointed it out. As such you haven't, you are vague at best, at worst you are purposely dancing around all evidence and questions presented. You totally ignore what has been provided and dismiss it. You refuse to answer questions that was raised from your own links.

You refuse to answer questions from a few paragraphs that you present, and expect me to just read a 1000 page book. Guess what it has been read by others and the conclusion is Islam is violent and intolerant. Now address it.

Am I going to find something different from this guy?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … renic.html

'People don't seem to understand the consequences of saying things like this could be quite severe. History tells us it can encourage hatred.'

In 1989, a fatwa was issued for the author Salman Rushdie, after the publication of his book The Satanic Verses the previous year. Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the spiritual leader of Iran at the time, said the book was 'blasphemous against Islam, and called for Rushdie to be executed.

Shall I find something different from these people?
http://www.apostatesofislam.com/index.htm

Address the questions already asked form the sources you or beduin have provided  Stop the fuckin' dancing and stand FINALLY, toe to toe with the information and questions presented.
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
Why walk when you can dance?
+77|6588|sWEEDen
I can´t se anyone denying that Islam is a religion with violent influences, just like ALL of them, howcome only Islam is debated here and not ALL of them, you know, since the thread is called "religionS of violence"?
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6744|Reality

[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi wrote:

I can´t se[e] anyone denying that Islam is a religion with violent influences, just like ALL of them, [how come] only Islam is debated here and not ALL of them, you know, since the thread is called "religionS of violence"?
Islam was founded on violence. Submit or die type of violence. The founder ran around with a sword making sure Islam spread. Many Islamic states have RELIGIOUS POLICE running around making sure you comply and punish you (beatings or worse) if you don't. If Islam was such a great religion why does it need RELIGIOUS POLICE to enforce compliance? Why is DEATH mandated for those who renounce Islam?

Christianity was not founded on violence. Heyzeus did not round around killing people who did not follow his teachings. Sure, some of his followers did some pretty awful things which are contrary to his teachings.

I am not a religious person.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi wrote:

I can´t se anyone denying that Islam is a religion with violent influences, just like ALL of them, howcome only Islam is debated here and not ALL of them, you know, since the thread is called "religionS of violence"?
If you really wanted t iknow that answer you can start on page 1. It has been answered 10000 times by now. It is just chosen to be ignored and dismissed, mainly because it is true.

Violence done in the name of Chrisitanianity is done contrary to the teachings and actions of Christ. Violence done in the name of Islam fsalls right in line with the teachings and actions of the founder of Islam.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5751|شمال

Stubbee wrote:

Islam was founded on violence. Submit or die type of violence.
Prove that. And I DO appreciate you being specific, not like others.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Beduin wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

Islam was founded on violence. Submit or die type of violence.
Prove that. And I DO appreciate you being specific, not like others.
First you say not enough information, then you say too much information. You are wriggling nothing more. I can not control you ignoring what is posted. It is what it is.

Your own links listed no less 24 battles Muhammad enaged in. You really need to stop acting as if you have no idea what people are talking  about or what he did. It is rediculous and you look some what foolish in the attempt.

Last edited by lowing (2009-09-07 13:41:01)

Beduin
+510|5751|شمال

lowing wrote:

First you say not enough information, then you say too much information. You are wriggling nothing more.

Your own links listed no less 24 battles Muhammad enaged in. You really need to stop acting as if you have no idea what people are talking  about or what he did. It is rediculous and you look some what foolish in the attempt.
You remind me of lazy students. They talk alot without saying much. You can clearly hear it. The only thing I say to them, and you, is : Go read the book!
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Beduin wrote:

lowing wrote:

First you say not enough information, then you say too much information. You are wriggling nothing more.

You remind me of lazy students. They talk alot without saying much. You can clearly hear it. The only thing I say to them, and you, is : Go read the book!
I read what you posted first. Then I asked you questions about it. You refuse to answer my questions and dodge them on purpose. Lets start with those first shall we before I take a year to read the Koran. Others have read it ( ACCOMPLISHED AUTHORS) and I posted their findings and asked if I should expect to come to a different conclusion? You also ignore whatthey said as well. Can't help that either.

"Go read the book" is nothing but a stall tactic on your part. It has been read and those conclusions are well documented. I will find nothing different.

Last edited by lowing (2009-09-07 13:45:42)

Beduin
+510|5751|شمال

lowing wrote:

"Go read the book" is nothing but a stall tactic on your part.
And I will keep hovering then, looking forward to read Stubbee's answer though.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Beduin wrote:

lowing wrote:

"Go read the book" is nothing but a stall tactic on your part.
And I will keep hovering then, looking forward to read Stubbee's answer though.
Yup, hovering is all you will do. Is there any chance at all that you will answer the questions I asked you after reading the sources you gave me to read?

Your cheery picking my post and not actually acknowledging what I said is also very telling. I have found bubbalos' match in you

Last edited by lowing (2009-09-07 13:51:41)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

So this thread can be summed up after 24 pages that lowing don't need the actual knowledge on a matter for his assumptions to be true.

One last question lowing: Where did the rest of us say there was no violence in the Quran?

The very essence of these last 20+ pages is, we acknowledge the fact that there is violence in the Quran, you believe the same book is a feast of blood dripping slaughter from cover to cover and that is simply not true.
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6000|The Mitten

Varegg wrote:

So this thread can be summed up after 24 pages that lowing don't need the actual knowledge on a matter for his assumptions to be true.

One last question lowing: Where did the rest of us say there was no violence in the Quran?

The very essence of these last 20+ pages is, we acknowledge the fact that there is violence in the Quran, you believe the same book is a feast of blood dripping slaughter from cover to cover and that is simply not true.
Glad I only read this post then...

But seriously, i was hoping for something i didn't know.
EE (hats
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Varegg wrote:

Actually Varegg, I read, I read all kinds of information, including those provided by Beduin. I had questions, I can not get them answered.

This is not about violence in the Koran, this is about the violence that is TAUGHT within the Koran and the actions of Muhammad compared to the actions of Jesus. This is about the intolerance that is TAUGHT within Islam and put into practice through Sharia Law.

Yes, I acknowledge Christianity was violent, however the violence goes against the teachings of Christ. The violence committed in the name of Islam, is in line with the teachings of the Koran and the actions of Muhammad. This is the debate, and I give you a tip of the hat, you have avoided it admirably
Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

Morpheus wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Glad I only read this post then...

But seriously, i was hoping for something i didn't know.
This is the university of the internats my good man ... we only teach what you already know, we just wrap it differently so we don't spoil the joy of opening an present you had from before ...

The joy is of course ours and not yours
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Beduin
+510|5751|شمال

lowing wrote:

the actions of Muhammad..
What actions? Is it early time in Mecca? was it after the muslims were forced out? was it in Medina? was it after the fall of Mecca?  or are you just talking about the period after the prophets time? Give me a year, an incident.

this is not the first time I request that.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Actually Varegg, I read, I read all kinds of information, including those provided by Beduin. I had questions, I can not get them answered.

This is not about violence in the Koran, this is about the violence that is TAUGHT within the Koran and the actions of Muhammad compared to the actions of Jesus. This is about the intolerance that is TAUGHT within Islam and put into practice through Sharia Law.

Yes, I acknowledge Christianity was violent, however the violence goes against the teachings of Christ. The violence committed in the name of Islam, is in line with the teachings of the Koran and the actions of Muhammad. This is the debate, and I give you a tip of the hat, you have avoided it admirably
1.I thought we established the fact that Jesus was a good guy and Mohammed the sword guy some odd number of pages ago ...

2.When we compare book against book you disagree because you choose only parts of the Bible while most of us compare it book against book ...

3.The teachings vs teachings is also already established and latest in the post you just quoted ...

4.Were we differ is really only if Islam is all violent and all intolerant or if that only is a smaller part of it ...

5.You make it seem that all of Islam and all Muslims are violent and intolerant, most Islam governed countries vary a great deal in how they implement Sharia and what Islamic laws are practiced, you fail to acknowledge this fact even though the sources have been provided both by me and Beduin several times ...

So what have I avoided exactly over the last 24 pages?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

1.I thought we established the fact that Jesus was a good guy and Mohammed the sword guy some odd number of pages ago ...

2.When we compare book against book you disagree because you choose only parts of the Bible while most of us compare it book against book ...

3.The teachings vs teachings is also already established and latest in the post you just quoted ...

4.Were we differ is really only if Islam is all violent and all intolerant or if that only is a smaller part of it ...

5.You make it seem that all of Islam and all Muslims are violent and intolerant, most Islam governed countries vary a great deal in how they implement Sharia and what Islamic laws are practiced, you fail to acknowledge this fact even though the sources have been provided both by me and Beduin several times ...

1. You fail to compare the TEACHINGS and ACTIONS of CHrist with the TEACHINGS and ACTIONS Muhammad.

2. You fail to acknowledge that by following the teachings of Muhammad you are following Islam. By going against the teachings if Muhammad you go against Islam.

3. You fail to acknowledge that Islam is violent in its teachings and it is intolerant via its Sharia Law.

4. You fail to acknowledge that there is a differwnce between Islam and Muslims. Islam being judged by its teachings, and Muslims being judged by their actions.

5. You fail to acknowledge I have never said ALL Muslims are violent or intolerant.

All of this regardless of links and articles written by Musims ( via your own sources), and ex-Muslims and westerners that have read the damn book.

Last edited by lowing (2009-09-07 15:56:24)

Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

1. You fail to compare the TEACHINGS and ACTIONS of CHrist with the TEACHINGS and ACTIONS Muhammad.
Read my number 1 lowing, that's exactly what I said with other words

2. You fail to acknowledge that by following the teachings of Muhammad you are following Islam. By going against the teachings if Muhammad you go against Islam.
Islam is build on a book called the Quran lowing so that seems pretty obvious, never spoke against that the followers of Muhammed belonged to Islam ... whatever gave you that idea?

3. You fail to acknowledge that Islam is violent in its teachings and it is intolerant via its Sharia Law.
Read number 4 further up

4. You fail to acknowledge that there is a differwnce between Islam and Muslims. Islam being judged by its teachings, and Muslims being judged by their actions.
Never said anything remotely close to what you claim here

5. I have never said ALL Muslims are violent or intolerant. This is something else you fail to acknowledge.
I said you make it seem like ...

All of this regardless of links and articles written by Musims ( via your own sources), and ex-Muslims and westerners that have read the damn book.
You must be fucking blind ... did you read what you quoted at all? ... I answered inside your quote with another color ...

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Read my number 1 lowing, that's exactly what I said with other words

Islam is build on a book called the Quran lowing so that seems pretty obvious, never spoke against that the followers of Muhammed belonged to Islam ... whatever gave you that idea?

Read number 4 further up

Never said anything remotely close to what you claim here

5. I have never said ALL Muslims are violent or intolerant. This is something else you fail to acknowledge.
I said you make it seem like ...

You must be fucking blind ... did you read what you quoted at all? ... I answered inside your quote with another color ...

1. Nope, you went on aobut the OT and Moses.

2. Nope, you went on about the vagueness of the Koran and interpritation

3. Nope, you insist it is just a few problem radicles whereas the real problem is within the teachings itself.

4. Nope, you never agreed to my opinion on this point.

5. I never "made it seem like" anything. I have said exaclt what I wanted to say

Bottom line is this, if you remotely ever came close to agreeing with any of what I said, this would not have gone 24 fuckin' pages.

Last edited by lowing (2009-09-07 16:31:53)

Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

^^ Holy crap ...

Do you read at all before you answer? ... because your answers doesn't comply with what I posted ... except #5.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Varegg wrote:

^^ Holy crap ...

Do you read at all before you answer? ... because your answers doesn't comply with what I posted ... except #5.
Yup I read, and you have never acknowledged the teachings of Muhammad were violent and intolerant, your argument has always been, the OT was violent as well.

I compare apples to apples. You kept trying to bring in Moses to replace Jesus in Christianity for your argument.

You have never acknowledged the basis of my argument, which Islam teachings hatred violence and intolerance and hatred violence and intolerance is contrary to the teachings of Chrisitanity.

Like I said, if we agreed on this shit then we wouldn't be at page 24. You along with Beduin has done nothing but squirm and slither around all points made in this thread and like I siad you did it masterfully.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
I am out of popcorn.
The shop is out of popcorn.
My wok has a hole burnt through the bottom.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Yup I read, and you have never acknowledged the teachings of Muhammad were violent and intolerant, your argument has always been, the OT was violent as well.
Then you need to reread the whole thread lowing because several of us have never said there isn't violence and intolerence in the Quran, and if you could point me to where I brought up Moses in this thread? ... I mentioned the OT once when comparing the books in an apples to apples comparison ...

lowing wrote:

I compare apples to apples. You kept trying to bring in Moses to replace Jesus in Christianity for your argument.
Again ... show me in what post I referred to Moses in this thread ...

lowing wrote:

You have never acknowledged the basis of my argument, which Islam teachings hatred violence and intolerance and hatred violence and intolerance is contrary to the teachings of Chrisitanity.
That's correct and I never will acknowledge it either because that very statement simply isn't true ... that the teachings of Christ is without violence may be so but in the degree you define it it comes off as Islam does nothing but teach violence and intolerance and that is not true.

lowing wrote:

Like I said, if we agreed on this shit then we wouldn't be at page 24. You along with Beduin has done nothing but squirm and slither around all points made in this thread and like I siad you did it masterfully.
Tnx ... but really it is your paranoid view of something you know very little about that has gotten us to page 24 ... we gave you several sources and you cherrypicked the few parts that suited your arguments and promptly discarded the rest ... that is your biggest mistake ...

To round it up:
You believe Islam is all evil and we don't ...
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

Then you need to reread the whole thread lowing because several of us have never said there isn't violence and intolerence in the Quran, and if you could point me to where I brought up Moses in this thread? ... I mentioned the OT once when comparing the books in an apples to apples comparison ...

lowing wrote:

Again ... show me in what post I referred to Moses in this thread ...

lowing wrote:

That's correct and I never will acknowledge it either because that very statement simply isn't true ... that the teachings of Christ is without violence may be so but in the degree you define it it comes off as Islam does nothing but teach violence and intolerance and that is not true.

lowing wrote:

Tnx ... but really it is your paranoid view of something you know very little about that has gotten us to page 24 ... we gave you several sources and you cherrypicked the few parts that suited your arguments and promptly discarded the rest ... that is your biggest mistake ...

To round it up:
You believe Islam is all evil and we don't ...
Fine, I have the Koran, the actions and teachings of Muhammad, current events, YOUR sources, the testimony of ex-Muslims,  opinion form accomplished authors who have read the Koran for research, Sharia law, and un answered questions I posted for you both regarding the material you presented, for my argument of Islamic violence and intolerance

You have Cam not being killed, and a pic of him with a pyramid, and personal opinion coupled with the deep desire for none of what I presented to be true.

Also I didn't cherry pick anything. You gave me material to read, I fuckin read it. I then had questions about it and you both refused to answer them.

I am comfortable in the facts about Islam but we will agree to disagree. You are more than welcome to your opinion that Islam is peaceful, tolerant and even progressive. No need to let the facts cloud your opinion

I mean what kinda idiocy is it when we are talking about the violence within Islam, you post shit to discredit that opinion, I call you out on the violence mentioned within your own source and you want to ignore it and say I am cherry picking? That is some kinda debate tactic ya got there.

Last edited by lowing (2009-09-08 07:13:56)

Varegg
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

Fine, I have the Koran, the actions and teachings of Muhammad, current events, YOUR sources, the testamony of ex-Muslims,  opinion form accomplished authors who have read the Koran for research, Sharia law, and un answered questions I posted for you both regarding the material you presented, for my argument of Islamic violence and intolerance

You have Cam not being killed, and a pic of him with a perymid, and personal opinion coupled with the deep desire for none of what I presented to be true.

ALso I didn't cherry pick anything. YOu gave me material to read, I fuckin read it. I then had questions about it and you both refused to answer them.

I am comfortable in the facts about Islam but we will agree to disagree. You are more than welcome to your opinion that Islam is peaceful, tolerant and even progressive. No need to let the facts cloud your opinion

You are amazing ... why are you not able to understand that everything isn't either black or white ... Islam is not all violence and all intolerance, it is also not all peaceful, all tolerant nor all progressive ... it does have flaws and may be poorly adapted for the society we live in today ... the latter can also be said about the bible tbh ...

So a certain amount of Muslims are super violent and super intolerant ... again we differ in why, you think it is because they just read the Quran while the rest of think it is because they were thought so by a twisted version of the truth, just as you can twist the bible into justifying crusades as an example ... yes it is easier to find a basis for violence in the Quran but still ... evil men can and always will distort anything to meet their means ...

You also fail to acknowledge that Islamic laws like Sharia is practiced differently in different Islamic countries ... Sudan is one example of how it shouldn't be done and the Emirates a perfect example of the opposite ...

I have read several articles and watched several newscasts about evil Muslims doing evil acts in the name of their God but still I don't think all that practice Islam are evil ...

I have read several articles and watched several newscasts about Christians doing disgusting things in the name of their God but still I don't think all Christians are evil ...

I guess that's the biggest difference between us ...

lowing wrote:

I mean what kinda idiocy is it when we are talking about the violence within Islam, you post shit to discredit that opinion, I call you out on the violence mentioned within your own source and you want to ignore it and say I am cherry picking? That is some kinda debate tactic ya got there.
Now where did I discredit that, I have on several occasions agreed there is violence within Islam ...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard