bl!zzard
+4|5570
Simple Question, Do the cannons do more damage than other jets? For example the f35 or mig?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

Yes.

With the A10 (not sure about the others as I haven't tried), you can destroy an armor unit that has full health without needing to drop bombs in a single pass.

Last edited by mtb0minime (2009-09-03 15:46:46)

Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6622|Auteuil, Laval
Same thing with the Frogfoot. 
Doh!!!  I do not recall the name of the map he's on it, the one with the highway.
It's most likely different in BF2 but in Dcon I was doing single pass blow-up.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

Operation Road Rage
5H1FTY
Its an 870, not a M11/87...
+1|5371|Texas
I can't destroy a tank in a single pass w/ the gun on any of the jets. I wish the guns were more powerful, after all, they are designed to be "tank busting" guns and they don't seem to do it. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6001|Aberdeen, Scotland
The guns are pretty powerful, try diving from above for a long run. Bit of a weird setup on the cannons as they aim shoot fairly low.
They are also good for taking out the other jets, but it takes a little time as these are well armoured!
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

5H1FTY wrote:

I can't destroy a tank in a single pass w/ the gun on any of the jets. I wish the guns were more powerful, after all, they are designed to be "tank busting" guns and they don't seem to do it. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong.
They're definitely powerful enough. You have to have your target lined up and be firing at it pretty much from about the time it comes into view. It takes a lot, but it's manageable.
RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5457
A10's mg should drop tanks in seconds imo. Its not a BB-gun, its a flying gatling gun Like in AIX2 mod.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6845|Reykjavík, Iceland.

RoaringJet[FIN] wrote:

A10's mg should drop tanks in seconds imo. Its not a BB-gun, its a flying gatling gun Like in AIX2 mod.
Or PR or USI.

Or even good old Desert Combat for 1942
TheGiantSE
+14|6473|Sweden
The only planes that are fun to fly in BF2!
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6150|San Antonio, Texas
With enough time firing at the target, it can blow vehicles to smithereens. Get up high at maybe 350-400. If possible, check the map for targets like tanks or anti-air (APCs are little faster, so they're trickier). Dive on target and fire away. Make sure to survive the dive by pulling up. They're a little heavier than other planes, and are huge!
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6367|California
AIX2.0 A10's are the shit! especially the ones with 15bombs and dropping them from 1000ft, everyones like wtf, how did i die? ;D
RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5457
Lol or firing 20 missiles in 1.5sec xd, so imba. AIX is just insane.
bl!zzard
+4|5570
Gonna be honest here, I've been flying for a decent amount of time and I cannot notice any increase in damage with the a10's cannon versus an f35 or a mig...I'm able to gun down AA, but I can do that in all the regular jets....I don't think that the cannons are more powerful, just that the jets are slower therefore more time to fill the target with rounds. Thoughts?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

I'm 99% sure the AF jets' cannons are slightly more powerful than the F35's or Mig's.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6597|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
AFs jets do have a higher damage than regular jets, killing a tank in one pass i have yet to see.
Bird Killer
+3|6538|Seoul, South Korea
Agreed, I've never had the experience on both ends of these Su-39/A-10 dealing heavy damage against the main battle tanks in one pass without having to slow down significantly.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5933|Somewhere out in Space
<3 that A10, unkillable when someone knows how to use it.  The only AF plane with no actual weakness.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

I would argue that anything is unkillable when someone knows how to use it.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone

mtb0minime wrote:

I would argue that anything is unkillable when someone knows how to use it.
I would argue the opposite, everything is killable when playing against decent competition.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6560|Hungary

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

<3 that A10, unkillable when someone knows how to use it.  The only AF plane with no actual weakness.
Unless there is an AA vehicle hiding next to a house or trees...Its easy to kill and A-10 but its also easy to kill and AA with an A-10!

DEATH FROM ABOVE!
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5869|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

I only flew the A10 a few times I thought the SU39 was better cos it turns better, A10 feels way too slow to evade missiles
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6655
The SU-39 can't turn nose-down. Seriously try flying straight up and then pushing the nose down. Nothing happens. And, if you try to do certain kinds of rolls, you either fall over in midair or lose massive height and speed. It sucks for fighting the a-10, but not so much for actually dodging it

The Qantan (?) is my favorite tbh. Small and nimble, the A-10 might actually be the best but I just prefer the feel of the chinese bomber.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6437
The SU-39 can't turn down very well but it turns up the fastest out of all 3 attack jets by far. If you want to go down you're far better just turning upside down and rolling up.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6693|Devon, England

Fat_Swinub wrote:

The SU-39 can't turn down very well but it turns up the fastest out of all 3 attack jets by far. If you want to go down you're far better just turning upside down and rolling up.
One could debate (Possibly mass-debate) that when one is upside down, "up" is "down".

Hmm...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard