Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6692

RoaringJet[FIN] wrote:

Maybe this change will reduce the amount of RPK-76 users... God I hate them
Support had prone delay since 1.41 and it is no different in 1.5. You might not have noticed because it was so slight.
However if you pick up a medic kit, you would instantly realise that the prone deviation is horrendeous and lasts for 2.5 seconds.

It is faster to swap to a knife before going prone and swat back to the assault rifle than it is to wait for the delay.

All in all, a medic should never go prone ever. If you like medic, better remap your keys.
It is not all about going prone either. Getting up from prone gives you unlayable accuracy for 2.5 seconds as well. Watch out if you are trying to take cover.

So RPK users won't decrese, just increase as people move off medic to other kits which didn't suffer from this patch. Grenade spamming is easy as ever though, now easier with less people hitting you.

I liked the patch where you can't go prone after jumping. That was much better. I don't care about dolphin diving and bunny hopping. I just want my guns to hit things and being prone was the only mode that can shoot straight.

Last edited by Rofl_My_Waffle (2009-09-02 08:38:01)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85

Rofl_My_Waffle wrote:

I just want my guns to hit things and being prone was the only mode that can shoot straight.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6382|the land of bourbon

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Rofl_My_Waffle wrote:

I just want my guns to hit things and being prone was the only mode that can shoot straight.
remember now, everyone else is screwed too.  i like crouching instead of prone, so break old habits and soon you'll be fine.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6133|Scotland!
I still own, cause I didn't prone before the patch
Simon
basically
+838|6659|UK

I'm Jamesey wrote:

I still own, cause I didn't prone before the patch
its not the insta proning that anyone cares about, its the inability to effectively use cover, theres not much point now. all ive seen in gathers lately is people just standing in the street and crouching, boring

awesome

Last edited by Simon (2009-09-02 12:13:18)

I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6133|Scotland!
I never really used cover much either, never had the reg to win vs germans and frenchies trying to headshot each other  prone/crouchspamming up to the neck in cover
Simon
basically
+838|6659|UK

I'm Jamesey wrote:

I never really used cover much either, never had the reg to win vs germans and frenchies trying to headshot each other  prone/crouchspamming up to the neck in cover
i do, its awesome
the game just seems too linear now, i guess time will tell
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85

steelie34 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Rofl_My_Waffle wrote:

remember now, everyone else is screwed too.  i like crouching instead of prone, so break old habits and soon you'll be fine.
It's not like I can't adapt/I'm not playing well, it's just kinda dumb. I still got my gold in public. It's just stupid that EA keeps essentially changing the game on us. If I want to play CS, I'll go play CS. If I want CoD4, I want to go play CoD4. If I want to play BF2, too late...EA already patched out BF2 lol.
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5868|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ

Simon wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

i do, its awesome
the game just seems too linear now, i guess time will tell
Definately, thats why I didn't want any hitreg changes I liked the fact it took a while sometimes to get hits, everyone was the same, now I still see people go prone and wonder why they can't hit a thing, either that or it's standing or crouching with amazing reg on each other making prone pointless- I already see a lot more people playing sniper now, I thought sniper was a very powerful kit in 1.41, now it seems like there isn't a reason not to use it. I think the gameplay changes have made it quite boring already it's too predictable and I've always said it seems like people were happy the way infantry was in 1.41- just look at how many people played it, but like you say time will tell it's only been 1 day lol I predict a lot of people going sniper, and a lot of people flying F35 and that will be how basic the game is now.
I don't think the prone deviation is THAT bad, but like I said because sniper was good anyway without other kits having deviation, it seems to have made other kits not as worth playing

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2009-09-02 12:38:52)

Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6355|West NY

MrAnderson wrote:

The best bit is when you shoot them with a SRAW, and they still dive to the ground
That would be them dying. I don't think I've seen a player eat a direct him from a SRAW, k

Last edited by Noobpatty (2009-09-02 12:52:33)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

It's not like I can't adapt/I'm not playing well, it's just kinda dumb. I still got my gold in public. It's just stupid that EA keeps essentially changing the game on us. If I want to play CS, I'll go play CS. If I want CoD4, I want to go play CoD4. If I want to play BF2, too late...EA already patched out BF2 lol.
BF2 is actually much less like CS or CoD4 now.

Much, much less.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6464|cuntshitlake

Doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. Just seems poorly implemented.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6654
BF2's infantry is in a league of its own now, no single online FPS game has been patched by DICE so many times before.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
-MetaL*
Sup guies
+157|5635|Southern California

RoaringJet[FIN] wrote:

o wut is diz my jump + prone tactik wount kill nebody, i shall go whian to bf2s forums nuw

Maybe this change will reduce the amount of RPK-76 users... God I hate them
WHOA A RPK-76!!!11
IS IT A NEW WEAPON????!!?
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6000|Aberdeen, Scotland

Noobpatty wrote:

That would be them dying. I don't think I've seen a player eat a direct him from a SRAW, k
Na, I mean they are running around, see you aiming at them with a rocket, they dive to the ground and make a nice, easy target
ISortGlass
Banned
+2|5359
What does this prone deviation do exactly? How long does the accurancy decrease last after going prone until it returns to normal? Can you no longer fire your weapon for a short period of time during and after dropping to the prone position? Is prone completely useless now in terms of accuracy gains?
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6000|Aberdeen, Scotland
Just means your weapon will be significantly less accurate for a second or 2 after you hit hit prone, the effect is different for each weapon class.
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5868|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
I been trying to figure out what it is with sniper kit that's different, as going prone doesn't affect deviation. Just realised that when you stand up from prone it goes all wobbly for a bit so it still affects sniper makes proning behind cover harder as you can't shoot as fast
ISortGlass
Banned
+2|5359
Thanks to 1.5, the firearms in real life are actually much more accurate than they are in Battlefield 2.

It's hard to get much accuracy with light machine guns unless you are in prone, firing in bursts, and zoomed (depending on the range of the target). Crouching with an LMG still doesn't cut it. My oh my, what will =OSS*ROID= do now that light machine guns are practically useless in most situations now? Prone is the only position where you are actually able to hit anything at medium to long range in Battlefield 2. Especially with fully automatic rifles. 1.5 truly fucked this game!

I know that they made some changes to jets, but did they do anything to helicopters and armor?

Last edited by ISortGlass (2009-09-02 18:58:36)

[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
Why walk when you can dance?
+77|6588|sWEEDen
Some cheese with that whine?
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6000|London ㋛

Yeah dealys sucks arse. I try not prone as much as possible but I still do every now and then out of habbit and with the delay it's very noticable, it's deffo changed the feel of inf. But the reg (placebo maybe) is fucking sweet, AK from the hip, scoring shots every time.
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6710

ISortGlass wrote:

Thanks to 1.5, the firearms in real life are actually much more accurate than they are in Battlefield 2.

It's hard to get much accuracy with light machine guns unless you are in prone, firing in bursts, and zoomed (depending on the range of the target). Crouching with an LMG still doesn't cut it. My oh my, what will =OSS*ROID= do now that light machine guns are practically useless in most situations now? Prone is the only position where you are actually able to hit anything at medium to long range in Battlefield 2. Especially with fully automatic rifles. 1.5 truly fucked this game!

I know that they made some changes to jets, but did they do anything to helicopters and armor?
1. lulz here we go with comparing bf2 to reallife
2. 96% of the people that play support dont even use their guns.
3. and LMG dev is only fucked for like 0.1ms.. the crosshair is settled before you're even 1/3rd prone.

Last edited by TehMyke (2009-09-03 00:47:40)

» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6464|cuntshitlake

TehMyke wrote:

ISortGlass wrote:

1. lulz here we go with comparing bf2 to reallife
2. 96% of the people that play support dont even use their guns.
3. and LMG dev is only fucked for like 0.1ms.. the crosshair is settled before you're even 1/3rd prone.
This
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard