lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

None of our leaders wished and prayed for death and destruction in the name of Jesus, I defy you to show where they did. (I mean since you claim it.)
Of course we can't, we don't know what they prayed for.
Still, your leaders are supposedly christian, launched a war based on lies in the knowledge it would certainly lead to death and destruction.
Pretty confident they would have prayed for success at some point, unless of course they wanted to lose.
I see, you can't show it.

Well I can show you where Islamic leaders have.

If this thread were about oil, you would be screaming that we went to Iraq for oil instead of Jesus like you are trying to do here. So make up your mind, which is your argument, you can only have one.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
I didn't say they went FOR jesus, I said they probably prayed to him
Which is in any case irrelevant in determining which religion is supposedly more violent.

Since you're trying to compare apples with oranges, and ignoring the big fat apple which is the Old Testament your argument basically fails.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-08-23 06:23:07)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

I didn't say they went FOR jesus, I said they probably prayed to him
Which is in any case irrelevant in determining which religion is supposedly more violent.

Since you're trying to compare apples with oranges, and ignoring the big fat apple which is the Old Testament your argument basically fails.
lol, I already said they probably prayed, but they did not probably pray to kill and destroy as many people and property as possible. I can show you where Islamic leaders do that very thing, I can prove my point, and you can't prove yours, yet you say I fail?

It has been suggested by someone on your side of the argument, that we should take out all violence in both books, leaving us with just the words, teachings and actions  of Jesus vs. the words teachings and actions of Muhammad, giving you your coveted apples to apples comparison. So how about it? What do you think it will reveal?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
No doubt both sides prayed to be victorious in battle, and planned to do so by killing, big deal.
Bush called the whole thing a 'crusade', there ya go.

I have no idea what it would reveal, except the OT would be pretty well gone.
Its a dumb idea, you might as well suggest discounting all the barbarous actions of Hitler and Pol Pot and then trying to determine who was the nicer guy based only on the nice things they said or did.

Comparing apples with apples would be comparing the violent and bloodthirsty actions of christian prophets with those of islam.
I'm pretty sure they would be about even, and therefore christianity and islam are religions of equal violence.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-08-23 06:48:22)

[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
Why walk when you can dance?
+77|6588|sWEEDen
I don´t have much to ad to Dilberts posts....I don´t understand why anyone would find any religion more or less violent because of how they interpret the teechings of them , as you guys talked about in the "hate crime" thread, I don´t care about the reason only the results...but that only applies in certain ways it seems....

And all this "proove it" is kinda getting a bit booring, you are an intelligent man lowing, you know theese things aswell as I doo, I don´t have to proove anything since the current world status should be a hint good enough. I have not denied that Islam is a violent religion, I´m just saying....they all are. Surprise, religions sucks...
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

No doubt both sides prayed to be victorious in battle, and planned to do so by killing, big deal.
Bush called the whole thing a 'crusade', there ya go.

I have no idea what it would reveal, except the OT would be pretty well gone.
Its a dumb idea, you might as well suggest discounting all the barbarous actions of Hitler and Pol Pot and then trying to determine who was the nicer guy based only on the nice things they said or did.

Comparing apples with apples would be comparing the violent and bloodthirsty actions of christian prophets with those of islam.
I'm pretty sure they would be about even, and therefore christianity and islam are religions of equal violence.
DEAL!!, Lets compare the 2 main prophets Jesus and Muhammad.
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
Why walk when you can dance?
+77|6588|sWEEDen
Oh ....wall of text incoming, take cover!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

Nope, jesus was not a prophet, he was the son of god apparently.
Mohammed and Moses are comparable, since we are comparing the violent prophets - and apples with apples, please continue.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-08-23 08:24:01)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I don´t have much to ad to Dilberts posts....I don´t understand why anyone would find any religion more or less violent because of how they interpret the teechings of them , as you guys talked about in the "hate crime" thread, I don´t care about the reason only the results...but that only applies in certain ways it seems....
Precisely, you're allowed to kill as many people as you like so long as you do it under the banner of a 'peaceful' religion.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Nope, jesus was not a prophet, he was the son of god apparently.
Mohammed and Moses are comparable, since we are comparing the violent prophets - and apples with apples, please continue.
Moses is not the main character in Christianity, Jesus is, and for you to try and dismiss that and keep him out of this debate regarding HIS teachings in CHRISTianity is quite desperate, stupid and absurd.

Although from your perspective, your attempt to do so is quite understandable and  necessary if you are to have any chance at this debate at all. Unfortunately it just isn't going to happen.

Basically if you want to talk about Christianity Christ is going to be the focal point. Just like you can not talk about Islam without Muhammad as the focal point.

Last edited by lowing (2009-08-23 12:37:38)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

Precisely, you're allowed to kill as many people as you like so long as you do it under the banner of a 'peaceful' religion.
The coalition is not fighting under the banner of any religion. So yet again your argument has no basis in truth. I will not allow you to redirect this argument into something you need to invent in order to try and make a point.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

The coalition is not fighting under the banner of any religion.
Bush, and his supporters, certainly thought they were.
Moses is not the main character in Christianity, Jesus is, and for you to try and dismiss that and keep him out of this debate regarding HIS teachings in CHRISTianity is quite desperate, stupid and absurd.
Doesn't matter really, if you choose to pick the violent parts of the koran, exclude all the violent parts of the bible and then conclude on that basis that islam is more violent than christianity then you just make yourself look a total ass.

The OT is a crucial part of the bible, and christianity for many christians, and forms a significant part of judaism.
If you can't grasp this thats too bad.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-08-24 06:01:19)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

The coalition is not fighting under the banner of any religion.
Bush, and his supporters, certainly thought they were.
Doesn't matter really, if you choose to pick the violent parts of the koran, exclude all the violent parts of the bible and then conclude on that basis that islam is more violent than christianity then you just make yourself look a total ass.

The OT is a crucial part of the bible, and christianity for many christians, and forms a significant part of judaism.
If you can't grasp this thats too bad.
Yet again I ask for proof, and yet again you provide nothing.

I can grasp that, what I can't grasp is your ignoring the most compelling part of the bible and most noted figure in the bible for Christians who he was to them, what he taught, and how he lived his life, compared to Muhammad, who he was, what he taught and how he lived his life.

You ignoring Christ in Christianity because it is inconvenient is not my problem. I will list your argument with the other guys who insisted I can not talk about Christ or Muhammad because I didn't know them personally...............Or was that your other desperate argument?
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

So you totally dismiss the OT lowing? ... or is it a pick and choose part of the bible because last I heard huge parts of the OT is what Christianity is based on ...

It's very narrow minded to link Jesus to the NT alone just because the religion itself is called Christianity and not Mosianity, it's überfail on your part and shows little knowledge about religion in general when you use that argument because it is convenient for you to do so ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6682|Disaster Free Zone
Why is it CHRISTianity and not JESUSanity?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6743|FUCK UBISOFT

DrunkFace wrote:

because jesusanity ends in sanity?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

DrunkFace wrote:

Why is it Islam and Muhammedism is an equally good question ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Varegg wrote:

It's very narrow minded to link Jesus to the NT alone just because the religion itself is called Christianity and not Mosianity, it's überfail on your part and shows little knowledge about religion in general when you use that argument because it is convenient for you to do so ...
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Varegg wrote:

So you totally dismiss the OT lowing? ... or is it a pick and choose part of the bible because last I heard huge parts of the OT is what Christianity is based on ...

Never said I "totally dismiss the OT", I said it is not the focal point of Christianity CHRIST is. Just like Muhammed is the focal point of Islam.

YOu simply would not have Christianity without Christ and you would not have Islam without Muhammed.

But since you refuse to let it go, I will also maintain that for the vast majority of the OT it tells stories of things that happened. It does not do much in the way of instruction on how to act toward your fellow man, except the Ten Commandments, and as I recall the 10 Commandments do not instruct you to murder.

There is nothing inconvenient for me regarding Christianity and the teachings of Christ. It falls right in line with my argument. The problem you have is you need to bring in the least important parts of the OT which dates back 1600 years before Christianity was even founded. It sounds like you are the one who is inconvenienced.

Also ,why shouldn't I link CHRISTianity to CHRIST, he is the founder of that religion after all. I know it sucks.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

lowing wrote:

YOu simply would not have Christianity without Christ and you would not have Islam without Muhammed.
That's debatable. All it would have taken is for Saul to tell the story of another man and the Christ figure is completely changed.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5751|شمال

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

That's debatable. All it would have taken is for Saul to tell the story of another man and the Christ figure is completely changed.
Also... Yes the prophet Muhamed (may peace be upon him) is the messenger of Islam, but we are not muslims if we don't believe in the previous books and all the previous Prophets (may peace be upon them all). Its like having V1.0- Final Version (for us muslims), you cant have the Final version without the first ones.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Beduin wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Also... Yes the prophet Muhamed (may peace be upon him) is the messenger of Islam, but we are not muslims if we don't believe in the previous books and all the previous Prophets (may peace be upon them all). Its like having V1.0- Final Version (for us muslims), you cant have the Final version without the first ones.
so we agree that the NT is the "final version" for the Christian faith, finally!!!

and you say Muhammed  (pieces be upon him) is the "final version" for Islam, fantasic. Then let us compare these "final versions" and their "final" messages and "final" teachings shall we?

I am not gunna debate a "what if' scenario with any of you. Fact is, we are talking about Jesus and his message, and Muhammad (pieces by upon him) and his message.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Cherry picking again I see.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5751|شمال

lowing wrote:

so we agree that the NT is the "final version" for the Christian faith, finally!!!
where did you get that from?

lowing wrote:

and you say Muhammed.. is the "final version" for Islam, fantasic. Then let us compare these "final versions" and their "final" messages and "final" teachings shall we?
You don't have to insult to show your hate lowing.
Go ahead.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Beduin wrote:

lowing wrote:

where did you get that from?

lowing wrote:

and you say Muhammed.. is the "final version" for Islam, fantasic. Then let us compare these "final versions" and their "final" messages and "final" teachings shall we?
You don't have to insult to show your hate lowing.
Go ahead.
So what now, are we gunna compare these "final versions" or not?

I don't really care if you think my condemnation of Muhammed and his murdering actions and teachings are an insult. The fact that you do not, is what I find disgusting.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard