bl!zzard
+4|5569
Hey all, I got into the battlefield series through DC back in 2002ish and was just wondering what, if any, maps from the 1942 mod desert combat would you like to see make a return possibly in the next BF game or just as a custom map for BF2? Personally, I would love to see Oil rig come, I would compare it to Iron Gator, but oilrig was even BIGGER and had a more diverse fighting enviroment. Also, can't forget about Battle of 73 eastings, or the popular lost village.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6744|Reality
played gazala in 21CW which was a lot of fun
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
GullyFoyle
+25|5388
The Desert Conflict mod for BF2 has excellent versions of El Alamein, Lost Village, Gazala, 73 Eastings, Inshallah Valley, Desert Shield, and Weapons Bunkers.  Also, so-so versions for some other BF1942 maps.  It has a Sea Rigs map, but it's really nothing like the original.
check it out here:  http://www.desertconflictmod.com/
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
Why walk when you can dance?
+77|6588|sWEEDen
All of them.
RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5457
Ahhh DC Final brings back great memories... Most fun was propably Oil Rig (sniper paradise) or Lost Village (CTF was so EPIC fun!!), remember rushing to the terrorist base with helo full of teammates and getting shot by a guy with a stinger lol, or then just camping at the warehouse corner with a DPV 50cal and shooting people in the faacee... Duh... WHY IS THERE NO CTF MODE IN BF2?! Tt was seriously PHUN!
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

Al-Khafji Docks
Lost Village (awesome city map)
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
+77|6588|sWEEDen
Yeah big big mistake to not have CTF in bf2 vanilla...sad ...really sad.

Anybody here played at the dCON antik servers??

From what I understand now, dCon is properly fucked, just as we expected when reading their forums, I really can´t understand...

Why make a mod exacly like the old mod? If people wanted to play Desert Combat, they just would install that game.....instead dCON failed because of the stupid retroloving modmakers that made a mod that took no advantage of the new features of bf2, like squadleading and soo on....they kept removing good useful stuff to make the mod as D.C-like as possible, and also tried to switch engine for the mod, totaly ignoring many many players on the forums telling them not to make theese changes, and look where dCON is now, nowhere near the popularity it should have.

A truly great mod that the modmakers themselves almost killed of entirely.
GullyFoyle
+25|5388
Both (so sad) of the US DCON servers have spawn on squadleader enabled.  An they both are 24/7 CTF.
http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php? … p;game=bf2

Last edited by GullyFoyle (2009-08-14 17:26:58)

[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
+77|6588|sWEEDen
Sweet....but the mod is still dead to most of the old fans IMO.....it´s kinda boring playing a mod where the modmakers make the mod to suite theirs and theirs only type of gameplay......any kind of critisism was taken wrong and we got alot of "if you don´t like the mod make one yourself" or "don´t play it if you don´t like it".... and many many left to never return.

Soo there are the humumgus ammount of three (3) servers up now, I bet they are all full all the time...

Sad, really sad. Great idea, poorly executed.

Also...the mod is no longer for bf2 but for Frontlines, correct me if I´m wrong.

Last edited by [F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi (2009-08-14 18:10:16)

RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5457
Modifications arent near as popular in BF2 as they were in BF1942.. Which is really sad.. I remember I had close to 20-30 different mods to BF1942, Interstate 85 (or something) was a great one

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard