Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
http://www.commandandconquer.com/cnc4/pressrelease.html

Final chapter, eh? We'll see.

Last edited by Spark (2009-07-16 22:24:34)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

"EALA is bringing the award-winning Tiberium series to an epic conclusion with Command & Conquer™ 4"
The "Tiberium" series to an end. Doesn't mean the last CnC.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6667|NT, like Mick Dundee

Did not like the changes made to the resource system (seemed to slow it up too much, I never went online though) in RA3, wasn't keen on the whole naval/amphibious thing either, not enough barriers in the terrain to use.

Be interested to see where they are going with 'class-based gameplay, mobile bases and persistent player progression throughout all game modes' and the 'new 5v5 objective-based multiplayer mode'.

AussieReaper wrote:

"EALA is bringing the award-winning Tiberium series to an epic conclusion with Command & Conquer™ 4"
They kinda have to soon.  Kucan can't keep up the whole mystical age-less prophet look forever.

One day he'll get an age-wrinkle then BANG no more Kane.

Last edited by Flecco (2009-07-16 22:40:47)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6740|Toronto | Canada

Is this the end of Red Alert too?  I hope not, they were some of the most fun games out there.

This is honestly one of the rare series that I wish wouldn't end, they always bring quality sequels.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Is this the end of Red Alert too?  I hope not, they were some of the most fun games out there.

This is honestly one of the rare series that I wish wouldn't end, they always bring quality sequels.
Nah just the end of the Kane storyline I bet.

I reckon there will be a few more tiberium games, just not about Kane, definitely another Red Alert and probably another Generals game.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6513|Gold Coast
Thats okay.

We all know GDI wins and the world is safe anyway.

Or is it....

I didnt really catch onto most of the C&C campaigns that much. Sure I played C&C3, but TD and TS were a bit.... long? They seemed to drag on for ages, and the missions were pretty much impossible at some points. I remember TS, playing as GDI in the Hammerfast mission, and that fkn obelisk of light pwned the deuce out of me. Then as Nod they gave me 5 engineers and an APC and said 'defeat the whole GDI army and move here'.

So I quit that, although it was a range of years ago.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Flecco wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

They kinda have to soon.  Kucan can't keep up the whole mystical age-less prophet look forever.

Kane is a clone of a clone, etc.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470

AussieReaper wrote:

Yeah, Red Alert really cannot be concluded, as they will never be able to completely elimiate the time travel from the series and thus never fully eliminate the possibility for another RA game. Generals I don't know what they're going to do with.

Also they can still make other games in the Tiberium Universe, just not ones that forward the plot. Kinda like Renegade but not necessarily and FPS.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

AussieReaper wrote:

Flecco wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Yeah but the point is the ACTOR is aging.

He wont be able to keep the ageless look he has going for much longer.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6437
Persistent unlocks and upgrades that you can take into MP is an awful idea. I hope the host can disable upgrades and make all structures available and automatch doesn't have this crap. I also don't like that they're moving away from classic C&C basebuilding with this crawler unit.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6502|so randum
needs another generals.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6723|Ireland | Monaghan

FatherTed wrote:

needs another generals.
tbh

But can't wait for CnC4 too. Can't believe I've been a follower for 15 years.
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6568|England

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

needs another generals.
tbh

Ditto that The original C&C & RA were the best though

Be an interesting end to the campaign...I did notice that they didnt mention an end to the Scrin that appeared in C&C3, and if you remember the end of their campaign, they talked about coming back to Earth...
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6470

Snake wrote:

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

needs another generals.
tbh

Be an interesting end to the campaign...I did notice that they didnt mention an end to the Scrin that appeared in C&C3, and if you remember the end of their campaign, they talked about coming back to Earth...
Well GDI and Nod have to ally against something, it's gonna need to be the Scrin.

I'm kinda interested in where the sub-factions fit into the cannon. The KW GDI ones can fill two of the roles very well, Steel Talons being attack and ZOCOM support, but they would need to make a new one for defense. And both the Marked of Kane and Black Hand seem to fill the offensive role, but they will probably tweek them allot for CnC4.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6150|San Antonio, Texas

Flecco wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Yeah but the point is the ACTOR is aging.

He wont be able to keep the ageless look he has going for much longer.
Well, he could with that CGI stuff they did in X-Men 3 on Xavier and Magneto, and in Magneto "Origins". Make them look younger with computer magic. Although, that may be too costly for EA.

It better be epic. A proper send-off is a must.

Last edited by Cyrax-Sektor (2009-07-17 11:47:52)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Perhaps it builds on a story they were going to use for Tiberium.
Ioan92
+337|5724
Finally ^^
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

I guess I'm just used to the release progression of the series, but isn't it a bit soon for another C&C?
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5510|America
No, It's like COD the faster they get MW2 out her the faster they can save us from the WWII era . So C&C4 go go go.

Last edited by Blade4509 (2009-07-19 10:57:29)

"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
firebolt5
+114|6157

Blade4509 wrote:

No, It's like COD the faster they get MW2 out her the faster they can save us from the WWII theater. So C&C4 go go go.
I didn't know WWII was a theater
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6470

Blade4509 wrote:

No, It's like COD the faster they get MW2 out her the faster they can save us from the WWII theater. So C&C4 go go go.
Modern era has been more cliche than the 40's since BF2 came out.
Zukabazuka
+23|6687

KuSTaV wrote:

Thats okay.

We all know GDI wins and the world is safe anyway.

Or is it....

I didnt really catch onto most of the C&C campaigns that much. Sure I played C&C3, but TD and TS were a bit.... long? They seemed to drag on for ages, and the missions were pretty much impossible at some points. I remember TS, playing as GDI in the Hammerfast mission, and that fkn obelisk of light pwned the deuce out of me. Then as Nod they gave me 5 engineers and an APC and said 'defeat the whole GDI army and move here'.

So I quit that, although it was a range of years ago.
Oh that mission, there was a power plant you could destroy close to the start and once destroyed the obelisk is powerless.

The mission in TS wasn't hard or the ones in TD, first C&C game with NOD mission those where a real pain in the ass to do. Way harder missions.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

So WW2 is cliche. Who cares? I don't think there'll ever be an end to games based on one era or the other. I mean...we can't all go to 2142.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6470

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Snake wrote:

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

tbh

Well GDI and Nod have to ally against something, it's gonna need to be the Scrin.

I'm kinda interested in where the sub-factions fit into the cannon. The KW GDI ones can fill two of the roles very well, Steel Talons being attack and ZOCOM support, but they would need to make a new one for defense. And both the Marked of Kane and Black Hand seem to fill the offensive role, but they will probably tweek them allot for CnC4.
Yeah, I'm fairly certain Scrin will be back.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5510|America
Scrin is the best faction by far. I really hated being Nod and defending them from GDI even though both the Scrin and GDI hated you.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard