H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5869|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ

Hakei wrote:

Yeah, they'll pretty much have to - otherwise it'll be unranked.

Also, TVing on Op Clean Sweep is now as bad as TVing on Dragon pre 1.5?
I am no chopper whore, and had hardly any experience flying or gunning but I never seemed to have a problem TV'ing on Dragon Valley a little bit of guess work seemed to work lol but both teams have the same problem so hardly a disadvantage, I wonder why they didn't just change the colour for that map though (Dragon) ?
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6560|Hungary
Do you guys think that it will be possible to work together in the future with them? I mean further fixes, and changes like the glitching issue, the missing awards, vehicle changes (BMP) etc.
I know most of you will say they wont do any more patch updates, but what if yes?
Hakei
Banned
+295|5997

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Hakei wrote:

I am no chopper whore, and had hardly any experience flying or gunning but I never seemed to have a problem TV'ing on Dragon Valley a little bit of guess work seemed to work lol but both teams have the same problem so hardly a disadvantage, I wonder why they didn't just change the colour for that map though (Dragon) ?
Pressing tab in between clicks allows you to see your cross-hair - yeah I don't think it's a disadvantage, but I'd like to be able to change the CH colour myself.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6324|Orrstrayleea

Hakei wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Hakei wrote:

Pressing tab in between clicks allows you to see your cross-hair - yeah I don't think it's a disadvantage, but I'd like to be able to change the CH colour myself.
That would be good
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5869|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
Yea if there was a keyboard button to change it from black to white would be good, but looks like they've finalised this patch now and not doing anything else, by the sounds of things it looks like they haven't really been working on it that much
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6001|Aberdeen, Scotland

HaiBai wrote:

Barrie Tingle posted some additional information
Really? Poor guy, lol!
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6574

Spoonfed_Commando wrote:

I hope the hit detection is better for buggies now. Its annoying when you fire a rocket at a buggy, it goes straight through and you end up on the 6 O'clock news for a hit'n'run with your favourite pair of undies stuck to his radiator.
Spoonfed_Commando
+3|5461|Australia
They'd have to be. I know Australian servers are very quick to patch. Don't forget that it will notify you in battlefield HQ when you sign in
Hakei
Banned
+295|5997
So what's the ETA for it? A week? A month?
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6326|Graz, Austria
I have to correct myself about the supposed 4 seconds prone deviation I posted before.
That was just some value I've picked up on the EA UK forums, which obviously was exaggerated by opposers.

Another person said it's 2.3 seconds.
Recently I have tested it with a stop watch and can confirm that this value is correct.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6693|Devon, England
How come in that screenshot just shown the crosshair is black, too?

I'm sure when I tried it had a black box and the same white crosshair.
Shakez
+39|6172
I think it's just the box around and this little 'clicky' crosshair wich only works in sp and lan games.

https://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2458/blackcrosshair.png

Last edited by Special_Op (2009-07-17 06:03:07)

FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6693|Devon, England

Special_Op wrote:

I think it's just the box around and this little 'clicky' crosshair wich only works in sp and lan games.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2458 … sshair.png
So it was a pointless fix. The actual cross hair is what was needed to change, not the pointless patterns around it.
L.Sammy
+5|5640|Ireland
If you go to the ea forums ul see that its the cross hair and the box that will be black for the final release.

They also said it should be no more then 2 weeks for full release.
wotg
Mr
+3|5406|Norway

L.Sammy wrote:

They also said it should be no more then 2 weeks for full release.
That sounds like good news. I'm itching to play the new map, but won`t download 1.5 before its out of beta.
Has EA given any indications if we can expect further development of BF2 or is 1.5 going to be the last tweak?
Spoonfed_Commando
+3|5461|Australia
I know the patch is almost done but if it's not too much trouble can you please include dinosaurs on Wake and possibly some sort of golf buggy that serves drinks and cake? "Light refreshments and nibblies at your position!"
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6314

Spoonfed_Commando wrote:

I know the patch is almost done but if it's not too much trouble can you please include dinosaurs on Wake and possibly some sort of golf buggy that serves drinks and cake? "Light refreshments and nibblies at your position!"
Don't forget the good looking women driving the refreshments golf cart
Spoonfed_Commando
+3|5461|Australia
Lol. Nah man. We'll save that for patch 1.6, I don't want to sound TOO demanding. :-D
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6544|Sammamish, WA

HaiBai wrote:

Battlefield 2 v1.50 Status Update
In a thread on the EA UK Forums, DICE Associate Producer, Barrie Tingle posted some additional information on the release of the Battlefield 2 v1.50 final patch.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys
I have been out of the office (although it doesnt mean I stopped working on BF2 1.50) for the last two weeks on semester. However... Emil hasn't and has been hard at work on the update after your feedback. So here is where we are at; there hasn't been any MAJOR issues in the Beta 3 that we have had reports of.

So whats changed since the Beta 3 started?
The screens below will help explain.

• Black cross hair on the TV guided missiles
  • Widescreen FoV on widescreen resolutions

When I get back into the office next week there will be some last minute checks (no more fixes (unless something is broken that I didnt expect) or changes) and all being well the update 1.50 will be finalised and released officially.

Thanks for your feedback during the Beta phases. Its all gone a long way to make this one of the biggest changelogs that Battlefield 2 has had since launch.

http://i26.tinypic.com/vhanbb.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/2ch2rnc.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

EA UK Forums
Ooh I'm interested in the widescreen part. A wider field of view? Yes please. Glad I have a second monitor now
Hakei
Banned
+295|5997

JdeFalconr wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

Battlefield 2 v1.50 Status Update
In a thread on the EA UK Forums, DICE Associate Producer, Barrie Tingle posted some additional information on the release of the Battlefield 2 v1.50 final patch.

Hey guys
I have been out of the office (although it doesnt mean I stopped working on BF2 1.50) for the last two weeks on semester. However... Emil hasn't and has been hard at work on the update after your feedback. So here is where we are at; there hasn't been any MAJOR issues in the Beta 3 that we have had reports of.

So whats changed since the Beta 3 started?
The screens below will help explain.

• Black cross hair on the TV guided missiles
  • Widescreen FoV on widescreen resolutions

When I get back into the office next week there will be some last minute checks (no more fixes (unless something is broken that I didnt expect) or changes) and all being well the update 1.50 will be finalised and released officially.

Thanks for your feedback during the Beta phases. Its all gone a long way to make this one of the biggest changelogs that Battlefield 2 has had since launch.

http://i26.tinypic.com/vhanbb.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/2ch2rnc.jpg

EA UK Forums
Ooh I'm interested in the widescreen part. A wider field of view? Yes please. Glad I have a second monitor now
This has never made sense to me, if you use two monitors how do you aim? The crosshair would be at the point in between your screens, would it not?
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone

Hakei wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

The LMGs only have increased deviation for half a second. The prone delay only has a large effect on the Assault Rifles, with the Carbines and SMGs have a minor effect and LMGs and pistols almost none.

If you have half a second to spare proning is still a good idea, otherwise crouching makes you much more accurate than most people realize.
I am almost never prone for 4 seconds. I find its a great way to get a snipers bullet through the cranium. Even at long range, I'll get up and move between shots, with this delay it basically makes prone useless for anything except hiding behind walls from tanks.

Even if LMG only have half a second, against anyone half decent your dead by then in close-medium combat so it nothing more then a token concession. By the sounds of it, this is the worst thing to happen to the game since IO.
That's the point, LMGs are supposed to give covering fire, it's not a weapon that you should be able to run around with and instant prone getting mass rego on someone's feet and kill them. If you want to use an LMG sit in a corner or wait inside a hole until someone comes, it does my fucking head in on inf that I can't have a good game because EVERYONE who I kill can't stay on a rifle and instead spawns with a PKM and just prone sprays.
So they're supposed to sit around waiting to get sniped in the head. Great logic.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470
Pro Tip: Crouch.
Canadian_Sniper_X
+45|6491|Kamloops, BC Canada
I'm downloading patch 1.5 Beta 3... Are there many people playing it? Or should I wait to install it when it is finished?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6314

Canadian_Sniper_X wrote:

I'm downloading patch 1.5 Beta 3... Are there many people playing it? Or should I wait to install it when it is finished?
Full version comes out in a couple weeks. Apparently there's barely any servers running the beta so I'd wait if I were you.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6150|San Antonio, Texas
I'd wait. The final version is coming soon, says Dice. No more than two weeks, but it might be delayed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard