Spidery_Yoda
+399|6289
I was just reading this interview and I found this part. It sounds really great and I can't wait for it to be implemented into the game. It sounds perfect:

TFPortal.de: In an E-Mail you mentioned a new demo type / format which you are developing. Many players have broken demo files after downloading new updates. Can you tell us a bit about it?

It's getting close to being releasable in a beta form. The idea is that after you die or finish a round, and it was a round you were particularly happy with (maybe you scored an awesome kill, or saved the entire team with an ubercharge), you can ask the server to send you a demo of it. The server then sends you a demo that it recorded, which has the complete game state instead of just what your client saw, and it's in a format that's robust and won't break as easily when we update the game. In addition, the format has a some side benefits, like supporting full backwards & forwards time scrubbing.
Awesome. So we'll be able to save all our coolest moments without having to have a demo recording 24/7 . And the demo won't break every time Valve release a TF2 update. Can't wait for that. There might be more exciting info later on in the interview I don't know, i've only got that far. The interview questions were sent just before the Spy v Sniper update so a few of the questions and answers are outdated.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6488

Awesome.

I hope it comes before the next class update though.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6175|Vancouver | Canada
Oh god yes.

Does this mean you'll be able to Smooth from another player's perspective too?
(So your character is visible)
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6488

DefCon-17 wrote:

Oh god yes.

Does this mean you'll be able to Smooth from another player's perspective too?
(So your character is visible)
I'd assume complete game state means just that.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6372|Troy, New York
man, they need this for all games.
0.Andy.0
+2|5886
This is quite a cool concept, and something I look forward to. I'd expect it'd come in handy for gathering concrete evidence against hackers etc, as I'm such a pleb when it comes to trying to record demo files and the like.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6684|NT, like Mick Dundee

Aye, sounds epic.

Jord that you faggot?
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6362

Flecco wrote:

Aye, sounds epic.

Jord that you faggot?
Jord? I thought he died or summin!
Jord? You there?
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Kez
+778|5722|London, UK

Flecco wrote:

Aye, sounds epic.

Jord that you faggot?
lmao no 0.Andy.0 is not Jord
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6684|NT, like Mick Dundee

K.

Thought not. Besides, Jord ships out in like 4 weeks.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|6002|Perth, Australia
This is

I'm always afraid of recording my playing as I usually start to play like shit as soon as i start recording. This will make things very handy.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6175|Vancouver | Canada

Rod Foxx wrote:

This is

I'm always afraid of recording my playing as I usually start to play like shit as soon as i start recording. This will make things very handy.
Now you'll play like shit 24/7.
Brasso
+1,549|6649

DefCon-17 wrote:

Rod Foxx wrote:

This is

lol
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6482|cuntshitlake

This is great. I also wish that every game would automatically make a demo every round and ask whether I want to keep it or delete it at the end of the round. Only seen that in a shitty free game, crossfire, where the demos are serverside and broken anyways. Would be a great feature if it worked.

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2009-07-08 04:19:16)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|6002|Perth, Australia

haffeysucks wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Rod Foxx wrote:

This is

lol
Probably. I'll just go back to being a spam solly for a while then.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard