Election/legitimate14%14% - 14
Total: 95
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6167|what

Kmarion wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090615/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iran_election
Iran supreme leader orders probe of vote fraud
He just doesn't want to lose support, from a very angry and vocal public.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
ghettoperson
+1,943|6663

Turquoise wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

And yeah, there is going to be one heck of an insurgency that develops in Iran now, which we should fund.  Slowly but surely, we can weaken their government until it is either overthrown from the inside, or things get so messy we'll be able to get some international support for an invasion.
You guys don't learn do you?
For the most part, our manipulations of foreign governments have worked to our advantage.  Clearly, this was not the case with Iraq, but in many other cases, it did benefit us.

With Iran, there is a perfect opportunity to exploit the anger of the majority of Iran's population -- in exactly the same way that the Soviets did to cause the Islamic Revolution.  The difference this time is that it will be a pro-West revolution.
I wouldn't care if you just assassinated the leadership, in this case it sounds like there's more than enough support for the rightfully elected party to take over. That might work. Arming the population would just end in widespread bloodshed. Take out the leaders, and the military have no one to tell them what to do, and Mousavi can walk in and take control.

Kmarion wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Hush.. or we'll send Nebraska to invade you.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6635|London, England

Lisik wrote:

Election/legitimate!!! Nothing new that majority of Iranians support Ahmedinejad.
To me it looks like it's the other way round, I dunno what kind of news you're getting in Israel but I suppose over there they're all portraying Iran as a country full of crazy A-jod supporters that needs to be imminently bombed, even the US, even Fox news isn't trying to portray it like that

But yeah there still seems to be quite a large contingent of A-jod supporters also, surprise surprise the right-wing ultra neocon gets all the support from the dumb hicks, where have I seen that before

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-06-15 05:59:09)

Braddock
Agitator
+916|6304|Éire
I selected fraud but I don't think it's as simple as that. The margin by which he supposedly won by is what raised my eyebrows initially, far too high to be credible, especially given that high voter turnout traditionally favours the challenger. What I think is likely is that the Ayatollah favoured Ahmadinijad the conservative and, even though he obviously has his own solid fan base, didn't take the risk of running a fair vote and loaded the dice in some way. What must be noted is that Ahmadinijad does seem to have have sizable support out in the streets, tens of thousands over the weekend; the Mousavi supporters had a much smaller crowd over the weekend, though that currently seems to be getting much, much larger now. It's easy to look at the media's presentation of things and jump to conclusions but after what happened to Chavez a few years back it's important to remember that all is not always as it seems.

They should have took note from the Bush campaign and learned how to rig an election properly and credibly!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6665|USA
Its Iran, of course it is fraud.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6730
Obamas hugs and kisses are going to make everything in Iran ok... just wait...he has risen...
Love is the answer
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6419|North Carolina

ghettoperson wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

For the most part, our manipulations of foreign governments have worked to our advantage.  Clearly, this was not the case with Iraq, but in many other cases, it did benefit us.

With Iran, there is a perfect opportunity to exploit the anger of the majority of Iran's population -- in exactly the same way that the Soviets did to cause the Islamic Revolution.  The difference this time is that it will be a pro-West revolution.
I wouldn't care if you just assassinated the leadership, in this case it sounds like there's more than enough support for the rightfully elected party to take over. That might work. Arming the population would just end in widespread bloodshed. Take out the leaders, and the military have no one to tell them what to do, and Mousavi can walk in and take control.
Uh... it's not that simple.  A good portion of their military is fanatically loyal to the hardliners and the Ayatollah.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6615|132 and Bush

ghettoperson wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Hush.. or we'll send Nebraska to invade you.
Actually I kid. Even I'm amazed by the amount of people who seriously suggest intervening and taking out imadinnerjacket. It's ridiculous, not too mention the blow back would be extraordinary. It would most certainly reverse the tide of pro-western supporters. The PEOPLE of Iran aren't stupid. They're tired of the oppressive old ways.

The absolute worst thing we can do is to start throwing our weight around. That I am sure of.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6615|132 and Bush

http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2009 … otest.html
There are also reports of distributed denial of service attacks (DDOS) being launched on Iran government websites, though it's not clear what effect they are having.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
JahManRed
wank
+646|6642|IRELAND

Just goes to show. You leave a country to itself and its people with eventually push the change that is needed. Are those people on the streets part of the Axis of evil?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6615|132 and Bush

JahManRed wrote:

Just goes to show. You leave a country to itself and its people with eventually push the change that is needed. Are those people on the streets part of the Axis of evil?
I actually heard a few of them talking pre-election saying that they were pissed off because their country is in financial despair and they (their leaders) are sending money off to Hezbollah.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6689|Canberra, AUS
Big protest, that. Maybe this could go somewhere.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6615|132 and Bush

I still want to know how they hand counted 40 million votes in less than two hours..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6572|Hungary
Dont care. There are endless demonstrations in Hungary since 2006. Nobody cares and the parlament is not resigning what the people want.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6642|IRELAND

Kmarion wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

I actually heard a few of them talking pre-election saying that they were pissed off because their country is in financial despair and they (their leaders) are sending money off to Hezbollah.
Maybe external interference in the form of sanctions is working then. But the question has to be asked. Would the people be so up in arms if their country wasn't in such financial despair? Despair partly caused by external interference.
Iran is a nation of mostly modern forward thinking people, its good to see people power in action. It doesn't surprise me that they don't support their governments stance on Hezbollah. Goes to show that you can't label an nation of ppl over the actions of its government.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6514|so randum
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
CameronPoe
+2,925|6569
Hmmmm.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/wor … 98600.html

A Rockefeller brothers funded poll of Iranian voting intentions prior to the election showed that, with a margin of error 3.5%, 34% favoured Ahmedinejad with 17% favouring Moussavi and 27% undecided. Perhaps this election isn't as rigged as it first seemed. It seems amazing that one could engineer such a massive false majority anyway. My suspicions are still raised given the areas where voters should have voted one way but voted another however.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6689|Canberra, AUS
Again - I have little doubt that Ahmedinijad won, that was assured the moment Khameni showed his hand.

But the margin? Hmm.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6679|NT, like Mick Dundee

JahManRed wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

Maybe external interference in the form of sanctions is working then. But the question has to be asked. Would the people be so up in arms if their country wasn't in such financial despair? Despair partly caused by external interference.
Iran is a nation of mostly modern forward thinking people, its good to see people power in action. It doesn't surprise me that they don't support their governments stance on Hezbollah. Goes to show that you can't label an nation of ppl over the actions of its government.
Unless ofc its the USandA.

On topic: I dunno. Some of the protests seem pretty violent and if this was a legitimate election why was facebook/youtube etc killed over there at the same time?
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6212

Mekstizzle wrote:

...I dunno what kind of news you're getting in Israel but I suppose over there they're all portraying Iran as a country full of crazy...
Just go to www.jpost.com

There's a special section for Iran called "Iranian Threat"

Most zionist want Ahmadinejad to win.  A peaceful Iran is not in the best interest of the zionists.

Edit: And btw i voted legitimate.. protesters always make more noise than those who supported the winner.  From these events, it looks like the entire country is against Ahmadinejad but i'm sure that he won in a landslide.

Last edited by AutralianChainsaw (2009-06-16 07:39:24)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6167|what

Flecco wrote:

On topic: I dunno. Some of the protests seem pretty violent and if this was a legitimate election why was facebook/youtube etc killed over there at the same time?
And the election result first came through on all the state run media. Surprise, surprise.

Good to see the people standing up against the regime, if only it shows that not all Iranians are dirty extremists who hate Israel and should be wiped off the map.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6660

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Most zionist want Ahmadinejad to win.  A peaceful Iran is not in the best interest of the zionists.
Yeah, the thing about Zionism is that most Zionists living in Zion are very Zionistic.
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6212

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Yeah, the thing about Zionism is that most Zionists living in Zion are very Zionistic.
omg you again
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6461|Chicago, IL

venom6 wrote:

Dont care. There are endless demonstrations in Hungary since 2006. Nobody cares and the parlament is not resigning what the people want.
If recent events have taught us anything, the people of the middle east are ready, willing, and able to take matters into their own hands.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6615|132 and Bush

"the US State Department has asked popular microblogging service Twitter to postpone an upgrade that could disrupt service in Iran. The request came last week, around the time of Friday's election, according to a report by Reuters. "We highlighted to them that this was an important form of communication," a State Department official told the news agency. Aside from that request, the Obama administration hasn't had much to say about the election, with the president telling reporters that he doesn't want the focus in Iran to be on the US. "It is up to Iranians to make decisions about who Iran's leaders will be," Obama told reporters. "We respect Iranian sovereignty and want to avoid the United States being the issue inside of Iran."

http://arstechnica.com/web/news/2009/06 … otests.ars

User powered news just kicked the major networks in the nuts again.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard