Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6645|England
2142 was released as more or less a mod to BF2....but one thing stood for it. The premises was amazing.

What really stands out to me is Titan mode, and how cool it is when teamwork can be implemented. Drop Pods crashing onto the deck, disgorging waves of infantry to stand and fight against the enemy.

Port bavaria was a brilliant map and arguably the best in 2142.

With that, I propose a sequel to the game. Not only that, but I believe it should be PC exclusive, so as not to be a dumbed down port of a crappy console game (see BC2 in 2010 and 1943 this summer, maybe)
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
The problem is many maps take place after 2142 and 3. The NS maps are around 2145. A squeal of 20 years later might be cool. Or even 100 years later.
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6645|England
101 years then.

with lasers.
Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine

Sgt.Davi wrote:

with lasers.
Nowai. Tbh the only weaponry change I would like to see is rorsch-style railgun instead of BF1942-style guns on tanks.
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6604
it should have a campaign
Longbow

{B-T}<babacanosh> wrote:

No it shouldn't. Adding sp to battlefield will make it crap.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6634|949

Longbow wrote:

{B-T}<babacanosh> wrote:

No it shouldn't. Adding sp to battlefield will make it crap.
Why is that?
Longbow

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Why is that?
I like the whole idea of multiplayer-only online fps without singleplayer campain. Makes game developers focus on MP only instead of spreading their time on both SP and MP. Tbh I think that one of key parts of BF's success is that it is MP only game, without any SP.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6344|California
I would love another addition to 2142. Greatly.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

aliens tbh
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6344|California

jsnipy wrote:

aliens tbh
Nooo

Wishlist:

Badass boats would be good
Some more water maps - Maybe something like Ghost Town would be fan-fucking-tastic
Mobile Artillery (PoE tbh) / Player controlled silos anyone?!
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6634|949

Longbow wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Why is that?
I like the whole idea of multiplayer-only online fps without singleplayer campain. Makes game developers focus on MP only instead of spreading their time on both SP and MP. Tbh I think that one of key parts of BF's success is that it is MP only game, without any SP.
Oh.  I thought you had a compelling and serious argument.  My bad.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6715|Purplicious Wisconsin
I want a fucking map in space. Have like space stations as missile silos/control points, and the only transportation are pods and aircraft.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Longbow

xBlackPantherx wrote:

Mobile Artillery (PoE tbh) / Player controlled silos anyone?!
Anti-titan bomber jets with TV guided anti-titan missiles?
-MetaL*
Sup guies
+157|5636|Southern California

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Longbow wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Why is that?
Oh.  I thought you had a compelling and serious argument.  My bad.
lolololol
Ioan92
+337|5724
The wont be another 2142 game tbfhwya.

Reason 1: Noting much to expand on, the end of the war is pretty much done, the last battles for Africa are the final ones.

Reason 2: You can't really fight out of Africa and to other places..... Would not make much sense.

Reason 3: DICE is silent on 2142

What would be cool however would be Snow Marines fighting to join the euros in Africa.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6344|California

Ioan92 wrote:

Reason 2: You can't really fight out of Africa and to other places..... Would not make much sense.
Some of the maps are out of Africa...
Ioan92
+337|5724

xBlackPantherx wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

Ad those maps are in ice Europe and Asia, your point?

If I omitted one, tell me its name so I may correct myself
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6344|California

Ioan92 wrote:

xBlackPantherx wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

Ad those maps are in ice Europe and Asia, your point?

If I omitted one, tell me its name so I may correct myself
Hmm, Tunis Harbor?

I would like to see some American theater maybe (North/South America). Arctic US Marines ftw.
killaer
+41|6719
Nah, there's still loads more that they could do to make BF2142 better. I still play it side by side with BF2, and there's so much stuff they could add to make it cool Ice-Age Africa+Europe along with the futuristic setting is cool as hell, but they could still do plenty.

First off, they could add more factions. Futuristic US Army, Japan/An Asian force, even maybe African/Middle Eastern forces with ghetto future laser weapons. There aren't that many futuristic FPS games on the market, they don't have to stick with the same combo of M4/AK47/MP5/etc. weapons, they could create a ton of new vehicles and aircraft, add in some sort of jet type aircraft, boats, hovercraft, whatever.

I doubt they will though, they canceled the second booster pack after Northern Strike.
War Man
I am getting tired of Sci-Fi using bullet guns as standard weapons. It's many years into the fricken future for christsake, don't ya think humanity is a little more high tech at this time? Also, I want a Sci-Fi mmofps game with 4 human armies fighting in/on Earth and Mars
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6150|San Antonio, Texas
Throughout the decades, many people thought the future, say 2000, we would have flying cars, hoverbikes and teleportation devices as our common methods of travel, replacing cars, boats and planes.

Maybe Dice is shooting for a rational future.

A sequel wouldn't be too bad. I'd be more keen on an expansion however. That lone booster pack NS didn't feel like enough.
War Man

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

Throughout the decades, many people thought the future, say 2000, we would have flying cars, hoverbikes and teleportation devices as our common methods of travel, replacing cars, boats and planes.
Yeah, 20-40 years ago, I'm talking 100-1000 years in the future. By the way, there is an actual flying car http://www.terrafugia.com/
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6291|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

War Man wrote:

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

Yeah, 20-40 years ago, I'm talking 100-1000 years in the future. By the way, there is an actual flying car http://www.terrafugia.com/
it's not a flying car, it's a roadable aircraft

get it right
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6344|California
To be honest, a lot of stuff in 2142 is not far off. Maybe 50 years at most for a lot of it.

All of the guns are certainly possible
Attack ship of course. We already have the osprey, at jet engine instead of propeller (which f35 already has jet-engine-hover ability as well)
Assault rockets already have them along with APM and C4 and defusers etc.

There's a couple things we won't have though, I think, are things like active camo.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard