Braddock
Agitator
+916|6304|Éire

usmarine wrote:

Braddock wrote:

having people in positions that have existed for years.
where do you get your info?  wow.  like we had a pay czar....lewl.  k i will post them in a few hours.  kind of busy right now.
The notion of a czar has existed for many years, it's nothing new. Why are you so stressed about the appointment of people in specific areas of Government? The Republicans pursued an agenda of rampant deregulation and laissez faire economics and look where it got ye, maybe some micro management is what's needed? You get awfully stressed about the strangest things... Bush reading your emails, tapping your phone and waterboarding your neighbour - fine; Obama appointing someone to administer a specific area of the Government or economy - evil fascism!

Last edited by Braddock (2009-06-12 09:30:12)

AutralianChainsaw
+65|6212

ABC news wrote:

Of the four running in this election, only the President is refusing to open up talks with the United States..
That's completely false.. what kind of reporting is that??

Ahmadinejad is ready to talk to the US, just not willing to stop his peaceful nuclear process just to do that.

And i'm pretty sure that not one of the other candidates said in public that they want to abandon the nuclear tech just to start talking to the US.
CC-Marley
+407|6842

deeznutz1245 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Never been to a baseball game even though I've spent my fair share of time in Chicago. Definitely need to check one out sometime.
Well, you pay way to much for seats that suck just to watch grown men get paid millions of dollars only to lose 7-0. Then if you fancy a beer it only costs $8.50 for shitty Bud Light, accompanied of course by an even shittier hot dog for a small fee of $5.50. If you decide to get a souvenier you now have to go to the ATM because you forked over $40 to park, but it's ok because the service fee at this ATM is only $5.00.  Now that you have purchased your $28.00 "Buck Foston" T-shirt you can settle into the seat that apparently was designed for Somolian distance runners and heckle Alex Rodriguez because he sucks and we should all hate him.

It's the American Pastime.

Go Yankees
I love Fenway. GO SOX!

We all can only hope that Dinnarjacket is on his way out. If it happens it will be a great day for all.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6775

Braddock wrote:

Obama appointing someone to administer a specific area of the Government or economy - evil fascism!
see now that is where i cannot take you seriously.  if bush had appointed people to watch over ceo pay, or a cyber czar, or w/e.  you would shit the bed.  i know you would.  you guys would never let it go.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6304|Éire

usmarine wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Obama appointing someone to administer a specific area of the Government or economy - evil fascism!
see now that is where i cannot take you seriously.  if bush had appointed people to watch over ceo pay, or a cyber czar, or w/e.  you would shit the bed.  i know you would.  you guys would never let it go.
If Bush had appointed someone to watch over CEO pay I'd have jumped for joy. A cyber-czar I wouldn't have been so thrilled about, but that would be more because I disliked Bush's vision for the world, time will tell how Obama handles such an issue I guess.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6775

Braddock wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Braddock wrote:

If Bush had appointed someone to watch over CEO pay I'd have jumped for joy. A cyber-czar I wouldn't have been so thrilled about, but that would be more because I disliked Bush's vision for the world, time will tell how Obama handles such an issue I guess.
how about this gem?

Faith-based Czar

like that baby?  oh ya.  kiss it, feel it.
13rin
+977|6493

Kmarion wrote:

..  as my good buddy deke put it.."Crossing fingers over Iranian elections. We dealt w/ our extremist. It'd be a hopeful sign if the Iranian people reciprocated."
Who was the extremist that we dealt with?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
13rin
+977|6493

Dilbert_X wrote:

Its not irrelevant, people gripe about Iran being undemocratic, look back a few years and see how the West looks.
You mean how Gore and kerry acted?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6614|132 and Bush

Mekstizzle wrote:

Flecco wrote:

I think the Hijab should be illegal where Persian women are concerned.
yeah
One of my sister's good friends is Iranian/American, she is fucking smoking.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6614|132 and Bush

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

..  as my good buddy deke put it.."Crossing fingers over Iranian elections. We dealt w/ our extremist. It'd be a hopeful sign if the Iranian people reciprocated."
The religious right wing that was hijacking the GOP.

inb4revwright
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13rin
+977|6493

Kmarion wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

inb4revwright
Ahh... Nice 'inb4' as wright was on the way...

I'd actually argue that the US voted in an extremist.  Maybe not a religious fanatic, but a extremist in the sense of social and political issues yes...

@ OP this is garbage.  Anyone with half a brain, know where the real power lies in Iran and it isn't with AmIinajihad...
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6419|North Carolina
While the Ayatollah technically has absolute power, President Khatami proved that reforms could still be made by presidents.

Mousavi will do the same if he is elected.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6775

according to the a-jod run media, a-jod won.
Turquoise
O Canada

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

ABC news wrote:

Of the four running in this election, only the President is refusing to open up talks with the United States..
That's completely false.. what kind of reporting is that??

Ahmadinejad is ready to talk to the US, just not willing to stop his peaceful nuclear process just to do that.

And i'm pretty sure that not one of the other candidates said in public that they want to abandon the nuclear tech just to start talking to the US.
True.  Pursuing nuclear research is a point of pride for conservatives and reformists alike in Iran.

Mousavi has even stated that he wants to continue research.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6730
aminijihad got 100 percent of the votes...lol

actually i heard it was 69 percent...  fixed... you decide?
Love is the answer
Turquoise
O Canada

usmarine wrote:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Internat … id=7821927

The jury is still out, it would appear.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6614|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

usmarine wrote:

All I've heard is that they are both claiming victory.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6614|132 and Bush

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

inb4revwright
Ahh... Nice 'inb4' as wright was on the way...

I'd actually argue that the US voted in an extremist.  Maybe not a religious fanatic, but a extremist in the sense of social and political issues yes...

@ OP this is garbage.  Anyone with half a brain, know where the real power lies in Iran and it isn't with AmIinajihad...
Yea but the world doesn't care 'bout our domestic extremist dontchaknow?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6775

Kmarion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

usmarine wrote:

All I've heard is that they are both claiming victory.
well, the state run media said a-jod won

https://notnews.today.com/files/2008/10/hanging_chad.jpg
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6236|Brisneyland
I thinkits still undecided. Having said that the challenger will have some stiff opposition.
source

The Australian wrote:

As the most tumultuous campaign in the Islamic republic's 30-year history drew to a close, Mir Hossein Mousavi, the President's strongest challenger, appealed to Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the Iranian Supreme Leader, to ensure the election was fair.

The Australian wrote:

He (dinnerjacket) also has the backing of Ayatollah Khamenei, of the Republican Guard and its Basiji militia, and of a nationwide government machine that includes the state broadcaster.
Dont know if change will happen but , who knows, weirder things have happened.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6635|London, England
Can't see a-jod losing this one, would be nice if he gets the boot though, but like I said before, the guy has consolidated alot of power and has it easy for him these days
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6775

"Anti-riot police guarded the offices overseeing Iran's disputed elections Saturday with the count pointing to a landslide victory by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, while his opponent denounced the results as "treason" and threatened a challenge."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,526102,00.html
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6678|NT, like Mick Dundee

Heard what the opposition is saying? Apparently some polling booths closed early. Heard somebody mention a power-outage too.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6635|London, England
Yeah..

Mr Mousavi has already said there was a shortage of ballot papers and alleged that millions of people had been denied the right to vote.

His election monitors were not allowed enough access to polling stations, he added, saying he would deal seriously with any irregularities.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle … 098305.stm

Obviously another dodgy "election" - a-jod has all the powerful unelectable instututions behind him so it would be pretty impossible for him not to win.

Fuck it. These guys fail on too many levels. The country needs to be bombed.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-06-13 04:27:11)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6569
Definitely something fishy here methinks.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard