prototype
+52|6330
If I am an engineer equipped with EMP mines and motion mines
can I lay down all 10 devices at one time without having them disappear or do I have to put down 5 at a time?

I also wanted to know if the AR rockets are effective against battle walkers, can they destroy them?

Thank you for any replies.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6829|NÃ¥rvei

EMPs and motion mines are seperate objects so to my knowledge the answer is yes you can you 5 of each at the same time ...

AR rockets do hurt the battle walker but not much, I haven't tried it but I don't think you have enough ammo to kill it off with AR rockets only ... they are best used on infantry ... only chance would be to stand right under the BW and fire into the ducts but I doubt the BW would be standing still long enough ...

The pilum however is the most effective against BWs, one shot into the duct and it's done
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
prototype
+52|6330
which weapon is the pilum?

what class ?

thank you
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6519|so randum
engi

it's the anti armour rifle.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
oO
your mum wears a leather wig with grey sideburns
+4|5469
and remember, because it's a rifle, they get no lock-on signal from it
Sambuccashake
+126|6629|Sweden

Varegg wrote:

EMPs and motion mines are seperate objects so to my knowledge the answer is yes you can you 5 of each at the same time ...

AR rockets do hurt the battle walker but not much, I haven't tried it but I don't think you have enough ammo to kill it off with AR rockets only ... they are best used on infantry ... only chance would be to stand right under the BW and fire into the ducts but I doubt the BW would be standing still long enough ...

The pilum however is the most effective against BWs, one shot into the duct and it's done
Apparently two assault players can take down a walker quite quickly:

But rockets alone are too weak.

Last edited by Sambuccashake (2009-06-04 05:01:01)

oO
+4|5469
In real games though, walkers tend to be supported by ground troops who shoot the crap out you before you can doing the heroic vent-assault thing. ...Or they just stomp you before you get the chance.

Last edited by oO (2009-06-06 06:12:44)

Longbow
+163|6665|Odessa, Ukraine

oO wrote:

In real games though, walkers tend to be supported by ground troops who shoot the crap out you before you can doing the heroic vent-assault thing. ...Or they just stomp you before you get the chance.
Well it's still doable, but you need at least 2 persons with assault rifles or shotgun/lmg. Depends on map and enemy disposition. Plus if someone is constantly spamming EMP nades walker is pretty vulnerable to this kind of attacks.
thraSK
Best ___ in Aus
+57|6001
That is the most impractical thing ever. In real conditions, the walker pilots gonna be noticing you up in his shit and he's gonna start moving
Longbow

thraSK wrote:

That is the most impractical thing ever. In real conditions, the walker pilots gonna be noticing you up in his shit and he's gonna start moving
If walker has half hp and you managed to sneak under him undetected you have good chances to burn him. However, I have to admit that it works only against noobs. Good pilots can be killed only with combo of pillums/II-29/rorsch
Sambuccashake
+126|6629|Sweden

thraSK wrote:

Unless he's EMP'd of course...

Last edited by Sambuccashake (2009-06-07 10:40:31)

Zukabazuka
+23|6704
You could have a support throwing EMP grenades if you dont have any commander on your side or the EMP is destroyed. But otherwise its not a good tactic and on most Ifantry maps the walker often stays near soldiers.
oO
+4|5469
Quickest way to take out a walker is the jihad jeep.
Longbow

oO wrote:

Quickest way to take out a walker is the jihad jeep.
Yes, but some servers kick you for that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard