Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6447|The Land of Scott Walker

Vub wrote:

Pvt.Kosak wrote:

SamBo:D wrote:

what happens if I go over?

Can I run people over?
There are no NPC'S.

However the police will chase after you.
And fine you heaps of money.
Not if you outrun them ...

And Deus Ex is my pick
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6569|NYC / Hamburg

cowami wrote:

max wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Rollercoaster tycoon.

Build a pool. Drown unhappy people in it.
Put a "No Entry" sign on the exit.
So I'm not the only one who did that
don't forget "jails" with nought but food and bathrooms

muahahahahahahahaha
oh great ... now I have to play rollercoaster tycoon again
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6774|PNW

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jedi Knight series.
Dungeon Keeper 2.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5790|Catherine Black

SamBo:D wrote:

Or I might just kill myself, that seems a better option
oh lawld nice
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6667|NT, like Mick Dundee

Stingray24 wrote:

Vub wrote:

Pvt.Kosak wrote:

There are no NPC'S.

However the police will chase after you.
And fine you heaps of money.
Not if you outrun them ...

And Deus Ex is my pick
Dues Ex doesn't really have an alignment system. You pick how you do the missions, the actual outcome is rarely changed excepting the way the final missions play out.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6150|San Antonio, Texas
The Legend of Kyrandia Book Three: Malcolm's Revenge, an old '94 PC adventure game by the original Westwood studios.

Depends on how "bad" you wanna be, because this game's a little more mild in that department. (Essentially, you don't blow stuff up or rip people up.) I believe things turned out differently though if you mistreated people (loved doing this to see their reactions). There was this devil conscience that provoked you into committing small pranks like planting fish on an entertainer, frying up some unseen bathgoers by turning up the heat.

I think there was also a Good-Bad Meter in-game that changed depending on how you played. All in all, good fun if you can spare some time for this old adventure game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Kyrandia
Flecco
iPod is broken.

OMFG DUDE

CYRAX OMFG

You've played that too? One of the funniest games ever. I loved it.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6150|San Antonio, Texas

Flecco wrote:

OMFG DUDE

CYRAX OMFG

It'd be hard not to being a 90s baby and all. Those classics, ah. Very few modern adventure games can beat em.

It's a far off dream, but I hope Westwood, now Petroglyph Studios, or maybe LucasArts could revive the oldie goodies. But EA probably holds the rights to Kyrandia, and they probably won't touch it until adventure games make a huge comeback.

Lucas is bringing back Monkey Island, btw. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Monkey_Island

And a remake of the first MI game with new audio. Originally, it was all text you had to read, a put-off for this era of adventure gamers, and those who've grown accustomed to Guybrush's humorous observations and manner of speech.

I think this may bring more interest to adventure games, and maybe prod EA to whip out Kyrandia for some cash. One can hope.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
Oregon Trail.

Put some salt on those bitches' wounds.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6722|California

Bioshock
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

stryyker wrote:

Bioshock
Eh. The moral choices play such a minor part in the game. It's nothing compared to games like Fallout 3.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

Flecco wrote:

OMFG DUDE

CYRAX OMFG

It'd be hard not to being a 90s baby and all. Those classics, ah. Very few modern adventure games can beat em.

It's a far off dream, but I hope Westwood, now Petroglyph Studios, or maybe LucasArts could revive the oldie goodies. But EA probably holds the rights to Kyrandia, and they probably won't touch it until adventure games make a huge comeback.

Lucas is bringing back Monkey Island, btw. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Monkey_Island

And a remake of the first MI game with new audio. Originally, it was all text you had to read, a put-off for this era of adventure gamers, and those who've grown accustomed to Guybrush's humorous observations and manner of speech.

I think this may bring more interest to adventure games, and maybe prod EA to whip out Kyrandia for some cash. One can hope.
I don't think the first two Kyrandia games would appeal to me. There was something infinitely funny about being Malcom and doing those stupid things. Espeically given his back story, which I only found out much later.

Poseidon wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Bioshock
Eh. The moral choices play such a minor part in the game. It's nothing compared to games like Fallout 3.
The moral choices play such a minor part in Fallout3. It's nothing compared to games like Baldur's Gate 1/2, Kotor, Fable etc. etc.

Particularly like what Bioware does with the moral systems... Major effect on the gameplay through your party members. That and some of the dialogue is hilarious.

Last edited by Flecco (2009-06-08 18:48:36)

1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5980|Blue Mountain State
Just got Fallout 3 today. Nuked Megaton. I felt evil. It was good. I be steal'n like a mafucka too.
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6158|Vancouver | Canada
Knights of the Old Rebuplic and Fable.
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5499|England
Thanks for the ongoing suggestions guys, its much appreciated
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6441|Brisbane, Australia

Just played through KOTOR and am in the middle of KOTOR II atm. (the trailer for SW:TOR got me excited >.>)

Being bad/dark is definitely noticeable...your appearance changes, dark force powers (lightning, choke etc) cost less etc. But it sounds like you have already played them, so you probably know that.

Baldurs Gate has been mentioned, as has Fable. Morrowind/Oblivion kind have it I suppose. Not to the extent Fable/KOTOR/BG has though, but that comes with being so much more open and non linear (Morrowind compared to say Fable/KOTOR I mean, BG is pretty expansive).
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5499|England
Thanks Timrod, I've played through Kotor 2 or 3 times now and I might as well just give it another whirl.

So much fun force crushing good people
bennisboy
+829|6648|Poundland
oh prototype

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard