Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6615|SE London

usmarine wrote:

Zefar wrote:

Whether it was 60k out of what? 3 billion people in USA? So that makes it less than 1%. Seems like a pretty reasonable number. Also 1% out of 3 billion is just 3 million and it's still a long way down to 60k. It's 0.02% to be exact.
no, 60K in one state dude.  Only three states allow late term like this I think.
Sounds like bullshit to me.

There are 2.8 million people in Kansas. Roughly half of them are women. So this man has given a late term abortion to 1 in every 24 women in Kansas. Either that or he's had some seriously regular clients. As well as that, there is the time factor to consider. for him to have done 60'000 in his 30 years of practicing he would have had to be working every day never stopping for holidays or weekends and doing 6 a day (for proceedures that typically take 2 days).

Complete and utter bullshit is what it sounds like to me.

My sympathies to the doctor and his family. A brave man doing a difficult and neccessary job, despite the attacks (this is not the 1st time he's been shot by pro-life whackos) and persecution he suffered because of it.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6795

Bertster7 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Zefar wrote:

Whether it was 60k out of what? 3 billion people in USA? So that makes it less than 1%. Seems like a pretty reasonable number. Also 1% out of 3 billion is just 3 million and it's still a long way down to 60k. It's 0.02% to be exact.
no, 60K in one state dude.  Only three states allow late term like this I think.

There are 2.8 million people in Kansas. Roughly half of them are women. So this man has given a late term abortion to 1 in every 24 women in Kansas. Either that or he's had some seriously regular clients. As well as that, there is the time factor to consider. for him to have done 60'000 in his 30 years of practicing he would have had to be working every day never stopping for holidays or weekends and doing 6 a day (for proceedures that typically take 2 days).

My sympathies to the doctor and his family. A brave man doing a difficult and neccessary job, despite the attacks (this is not the 1st time he's been shot by pro-life whackos) and persecution he suffered because of it.
it might be BS...but why would he claim that then?  attention?  well he got it.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6708|Canberra, AUS
Well, give us a source so we can take a closer look.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6615|SE London

usmarine wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

usmarine wrote:

it might be BS...but why would he claim that then?  attention?  well he got it.
Post a link to this nonsensical claim.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6714|Disaster Free Zone

usmarine wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

usmarine wrote:

ya well 60K late term deaths is wrong imo so fuck that guy

edit: he was being investigated
Where did you pull that number from...
Your arse?

In March, Tiller was acquitted of 19 counts of performing procedures unlawfully at his clinic. In 2008, a probe initiated by abortion opponents who petitioned state authorities to convene a grand jury ended without charges.
lol...wow.  Erm where did I get that number from?  His own words.  Go google and go learn before you open your mouth.
I checked the OP, 2 other news stories and wiki, 3 mention '19' suspect late term abortions the other doesn't mention any let alone 60k. So until you give a valid source stop pulling shit out your arse.
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
+118|5627|Dublin, Ireland
I heard it was 1'000'000.

No lies.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6843|Nårvei

Can't seem to find the number 60K either apart from usmarines own post in this thread ... so it would be nice if you could share your source on that one Taylor ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6795

wow you guys suck at google

DrunkFace wrote:

So until you give a valid source stop pulling shit out your arse.
Its like everywhere on TV and such here.  So shut your face.

http://www.kdheks.gov/hci/abortion_sum/08itop1.pdf
George Tiller was the only abortionist in the state who does late term abortions, so all the late term abortions reported in the KS state link are his doing, around 200 a year. 60,000 is the estimated total number of children he is responsible for killing, including late and early.

---------------

or this article back in Feb.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/200 … lius-pick/

TOPEKA, Kan. | National pro-life groups promise a vigorous fight if President Obama nominates Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius as U.S. health and human services secretary.

Abortion foes said Friday an important point of contention involves a reception Mrs. Sebelius once had with an abortionist who now faces criminal charges on accusations of violating Kansas law on late-term and partial-birth abortions.

Administration officials disputed the idea that abortion matters will have an impact on Mr. Obama's decision to nominate Mrs. Sebelius or not. She is considered a leading candidate for the HHS job, although the White House has said others are being considered.

Abortion opponents acknowledged Friday that they probably would not be thrilled by nearly anyone Mr. Obama nominates, but they're particularly upset by the prospect of Mrs. Sebelius.

A major reason is an event in April 2007 at the governor's residence with Dr. George Tiller and his Wichita clinic's staff. Abortion foes eventually obtained photos from the reception and posted them last year on the Internet.

Dr. Tiller, who is estimated to have performed about 60,000 abortions, also has given more than $10,000 under his own name to Sebelius campaigns, and an additional $10,000 under his own name to Bluestem Fund, a Sebelius-run political action committee.

Thousands of dollars have gone to both sources from other members of the Tiller family and from Womens Health Care Services, Dr. Tiller's Wichita abortion clinic. The clinic also has donated $100,000 to the Democratic Governors Association.

In May 2007, the Kansas governor appeared as a featured guest at a Planned Parenthood fundraiser in Kansas City, Mo.

"This is a whole different level," said Susan Fani, spokeswoman for the Catholic League for Civil and Religious Rights. "That someone who's so radical on this issue could be chosen is mind-boggling to us."

At the time of the reception, Dr. Tiller was under investigation by the Kansas attorney general. He's scheduled to go to trial next month in Wichita on 19 misdemeanor charges of violating state restrictions on late-term procedures, accusations he denies.

"It's not just that she has a pro-abortion-rights viewpoint," said Charmaine Yoest, president and chief executive officer of Americans United for Life Action. "It's her very close association with one of the most infamous abortionists in this country."

Aides have downplayed the funding issue, noting that Mrs. Sebelius has not received campaign contributions directly from Dr. Tiller since September 2001, before she officially began her first campaign for governor.

Spokeswoman Beth Martino said Friday that Dr. Tiller purchased the right to attend the reception at a fundraising auction for a pro-choice group. Also, Ms. Martino noted a drop in Kansas abortions, which were 9 percent lower in 2007 than in 2002, the year before Mrs. Sebelius took office.

Ron Pollack, executive director of Families USA, a health reform advocacy group supporting Mrs. Sebelius, said he doubts abortion or the Tiller reception will be major issues for Mr. Obama.

"They both believe that they want to do whatever they can to minimize abortion," he said. "But they want to follow the rulings of the Supreme Court, and that's the law of the land."

Last year, Archbishop Joseph Naumann of Kansas City, Kan., said Mrs. Sebelius, who is Catholic, should refrain from taking Communion until she publicly repudiated her pro-choice stance on abortion. She didn't respond publicly.

Archbishop James Keleher, that diocese's previous bishop, asked that Mrs. Sebelius move the interfaith service associated with her inauguration from Topeka's Assumption Catholic Church. She refused.

Last edited by usmarine (2009-06-03 07:43:35)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6438|North Carolina
So Tiller did 200 late term abortions a year, essentially.

Alright, so if you're up in arms about that, you'll need to get your fellow pro-lifers to actually do something more than just protest or kill doctors in order to fix that.  In addition, we still have no information on how many of those 200 were extenuating circumstances, as the law allows those.

Last edited by Turquoise (2009-06-03 14:12:10)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5619

Turquoise wrote:

Alright, so if you're up in arms about that, you'll need to get your fellow pro-lifers to actually do something more than just protest or kill doctors in order to fix that.  In addition, we still have no information on how many of those 200 were extenuating circumstances, as the law allows those.
God damn it man, I rather have the child be born and live in poverty so I have a reason to complain about my tax money going to them.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6795

Turquoise wrote:

fellow pro lifers?  erm ok.  lol.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6843|Nårvei

The article says estimate, you know the meaning of that word no?

And still 60K must be way to high if you calculate a little ...

40 years practice as a doctor, doesn't say if he's been doing abortions all of those 40 years but let's asume ... 40 years is 14600 days ... asuming he doesn't work saturdays and sundays we can take away 4160 days which equals 10440 days

60000/10440=5,7 abortions pr day = not very likely

I wonder what they base their estimates on tbh ...

Besides the obvious point of being for or against abortions ... to kill a abortionist is equally as wrong as doing a lawbreaking late term abortion ... if he did abortions against the law he should have been sentenced to jail ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6654|London, England
How late are we talking here, still, seeing as he was allowed to do it by the authorities, can't say that it was ok to shoot the guy. There's so much irony in the fact that this late term abortionist was in a church, and then someone decided to murder him whilst in a church. I mean surely none of them belonged in that church in the first place
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6615|SE London

usmarine wrote:

wow you guys suck at google

DrunkFace wrote:

So until you give a valid source stop pulling shit out your arse.
Its like everywhere on TV and such here.  So shut your face.

http://www.kdheks.gov/hci/abortion_sum/08itop1.pdf
George Tiller was the only abortionist in the state who does late term abortions, so all the late term abortions reported in the KS state link are his doing, around 200 a year. 60,000 is the estimated total number of children he is responsible for killing, including late and early.
Wow, you suck at reading.

usmarine wrote:

the law said he could abort that late if the child was in danger to the women.  so are you telling me over 60K women would have died or whatever if he didnt abort those kids?  get fucking real.
Your own links show, quite clearly, that only a negligible number of the abortions performed were late term. Normal abortions can be over and done with very quickly and there is no legal issue there. Therefore the figure is irrelevant to the point you were using it to make.

Varegg wrote:

The article says estimate, you know the meaning of that word no?

And still 60K must be way to high if you calculate a little ...

40 years practice as a doctor, doesn't say if he's been doing abortions all of those 40 years but let's asume ... 40 years is 14600 days ... asuming he doesn't work saturdays and sundays we can take away 4160 days which equals 10440 days

60000/10440=5,7 abortions pr day = not very likely

I wonder what they base their estimates on tbh ...

Besides the obvious point of being for or against abortions ... to kill a abortionist is equally as wrong as doing a lawbreaking late term abortion ... if he did abortions against the law he should have been sentenced to jail ...
He didn't break the law though. He was recently investigated and cleared.

The people really to blame here are the ones who stirred up the media frenzy about him. People like Bill O'Reilly.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6795

This isn't my estimate.  It's the washington times.  I hear it on TV.  You prove to me how many he did then.  Go ahead.  Why don't you try that for a change eh?  And you think late term is my only issue?

The D&C procedure for a first trimester patient (6 to 13.5 weeks LMP) takes approximately 5 to 7 minutes. The D&E procedure for a second trimester patient (14 to 24 weeks LMP) takes about 10 to 15 minutes. .

The normal time spent at our Center is 2 hours from your arrival to discharge for a pre-abortion visit or for a ssuction surrettage. For a D&E, expect to be there 3 hours as more time is needed for recovery before leaving.

For the medical abortion visit, the time is about 1 hour.

http://www.womensmedcenter.com/faqs/default.asp

60,000 may even be a low estimate. In the state of Kansas, I can only find four abortionists to account for the 10,000 abortions done there each year. Given the short time needed to end the life of a child, I think it would be possible for one abortionist to do many more.

Turquoise
O Canada

usmarine wrote:

And you think late term is my only issue?
What restrictions would you have in place?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6795

Turquoise wrote:

usmarine wrote:

I dunno, not run it like a factory for starts.  It takes longer to get cable ffs.
Turquoise
O Canada

usmarine wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

usmarine wrote:

I dunno, not run it like a factory for starts.  It takes longer to get cable ffs.
I only ask because most states have little to no restrictions on it during the second trimester.  The third trimester is illegal except under extenuating circumstances, and the first trimester is protected by Roe vs. Wade.

So, all in all, there's not much room for more restrictions other than in reference to the second trimester.
beerface702
+65|6726|las vegas
Good

fuck that baby killer.
imortal
+240|6698|Austin, TX
Wow, just goes to show that religious extremism can happen in any faith.

Wait... can Chrisitians commit murder on the Sabbath?  Is that really keeping it holy?  Or is it okay, since the murder was in a church?

...so, this guy managed to break two commandments at once.  Nice.  But I guess you God will forgive you for breaking His laws if you are breaking man's laws as well by accomodating your political beliefs.
Turquoise
O Canada

beerface702 wrote:

Good

fuck that baby killer.
I didn't realize Eric Rudolph was allowed internet access.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6615|SE London

usmarine wrote:

This isn't my estimate.  It's the washington times.  I hear it on TV.  You prove to me how many he did then.  Go ahead.  Why don't you try that for a change eh?  And you think late term is my only issue?

The D&C procedure for a first trimester patient (6 to 13.5 weeks LMP) takes approximately 5 to 7 minutes. The D&E procedure for a second trimester patient (14 to 24 weeks LMP) takes about 10 to 15 minutes. .

The normal time spent at our Center is 2 hours from your arrival to discharge for a pre-abortion visit or for a ssuction surrettage. For a D&E, expect to be there 3 hours as more time is needed for recovery before leaving.

For the medical abortion visit, the time is about 1 hour.

http://www.womensmedcenter.com/faqs/default.asp

60,000 may even be a low estimate. In the state of Kansas, I can only find four abortionists to account for the 10,000 abortions done there each year. Given the short time needed to end the life of a child, I think it would be possible for one abortionist to do many more.

But those aren't late term. That's the whole point here. He may have carried out shedloads of abortions, but late term abortions are almost always multi day proceedures. You made the claim he has done 60'000 late term abortions. He can't have done and the figures you've now provided (in that pdf) prove that beyond any doubt.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6795

k i was wrong about that number, thats been discussed.  its still fucking sick killing babies factory style.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6615|SE London

usmarine wrote:

k i was wrong about that number, thats been discussed.  its still fucking sick killing babies factory style.
He was a medical professional providing a neccesary and perfectly legal service, despite the threats and attacks from fanatical religious extremists violently pushing their intolerant views upon society in general. I thought you opposed that sort of thing?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6795

dude, dont even.  he ran a baby killing factory and he became a millionaire because of it.  thats sick and it is sick to defend it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard