TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6658|Mhz

Locoloki wrote:

whats the big deal about moving power lines????

we lose power all the time in the NE, and Hurricanes devastate the South, Twisters in the Midwest. You act like moving power lines in your country is a big deal
Those are powerlines for a train, they need to be at a set height, so it means re-routing a huge chunk of railway because some moron cant measure properly.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6881|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Locoloki wrote:

we lose power all the time in the NE, and Hurricanes devastate the South, Twisters in the Midwest. You act like moving power lines in your country is a big deal
Those power lines supply power to the trains on those rails, if they were moved, the rails would have to be moved.
edit: Beaten to it.

Last edited by Sydney (2009-05-28 10:23:39)

aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5791|Roma

Locoloki wrote:

its the train powerlines, if you move the lines to somewhere else the train tracks have to change to.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Ioan92
+337|5760

Locoloki wrote:

This is the busiest national rail in the summer, and only electrified trains pass there. Its the fact that they let it happen and that now they have a problem that is epic fail, because the bridge is lower than the power line. And fixing it will fuck train traffic and delay the bridge construction epically.

That's what I it is, do I need to explain it moar?
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5791|Roma
omg three posts with exact answers, rofl
Ioan92
+337|5760

aerodynamic wrote:

omg three posts with exact answers, rofl
loulz
ghettoperson
+1,943|6687

If you'd have just posted the pictures in the OP originally it'd have made a lot more sense. Personally, I'd just lower the train line. Gotta be the easiest way of solving it.
Ioan92
+337|5760

ghettoperson wrote:

If you'd have just posted the pictures in the OP originally it'd have made a lot more sense. Personally, I'd just lower the train line. Gotta be the easiest way of solving it.
Yar, another billion of worthless Euro toilet paper out the window. I love this world!

/sarcasm.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5802|Belgium

ghettoperson wrote:

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Those are powerlines for a train, they need to be at a set height, so it means re-routing a huge chunk of railway because some moron cant measure properly.

Sydney wrote:

Those power lines supply power to the trains on those rails, if they were moved, the rails would have to be moved.
edit: Beaten to it.

aerodynamic wrote:

its the train powerlines, if you move the lines to somewhere else the train tracks have to change to.

Last edited by Jebus (2009-05-28 10:25:50)

aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5791|Roma

ghettoperson wrote:

Well I think most of the trains have the adjustable height electricity thing on top. but i'm not sure.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6881|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Also, were the builders who made the two chunks sooo lazy that they just thought "not our problem" when they obviously saw the bridge wouldn't fit.

I work in construction work during the summer, and we frequently have to correct fuckups by the architect.

Last edited by Sydney (2009-05-28 10:30:27)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6697|BC, Canada
dig out the ground and make the train and lines a couple meters lower... some delays but w/e, get er done.
Ioan92
+337|5760
Lowering the train line would work because the AC would be lowered too.

/obvious
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6697|BC, Canada

Sydney wrote:

Also, were the builders who made the two chunks sooo lazy that they just thought "not our problem" when they obviously saw the bridge wouldn't fit.

I work in construction work during the summer, and we frequently have to correct fuckups my the architect.
This too... was everyone who was on the jobsite just like "fuck, whatever, not my job..."
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6635|Seattle

You guys are way too critical of the OP.

I get it. Waste of tax dollars and stupid engineers who should be fired. Here in Seattle, they just spent like 50 bajillion dollars to make a new monorail from Sea-Tac airport, right into the heart of the ghetto. Now who the fuck in the ghetto is going to use that? No one I tell you. Pisses me off to no end. And it's way over budget. And the voters voted against doing it in the first place, but they built it anyways. Bitches.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Ioan92
+337|5760

King_County_Downy wrote:

You guys are way too critical of the OP.

I get it. Waste of tax dollars and stupid engineers who should be fired. Here in Seattle, they just spent like 50 bajillion dollars to make a new monorail from Sea-Tac airport, right into the heart of the ghetto. Now who the fuck in the ghetto is going to use that? No one I tell you. Pisses me off to no end. And it's way over budget. And the voters voted against doing it in the first place, but they built it anyways. Bitches.
To the ghetto or through the ghetto?
Man With No Name
جندي
+148|5613|The Wild West
power lines could stop a lot of things really.  giraffes, cranes, submarines with their periscopes up and a whole lot of other things.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6635|Seattle

To the ghetto. That's where it stops. Supposedly they'll expand it someday but I really don't see that happening with our city's budget. We're already tearing down the viaduct and putting in a tunnel under the city. There is no more money. They don't get it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Monorail_Project
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Ioan92
+337|5760

King_County_Downy wrote:

To the ghetto. That's where it stops. Supposedly they'll expand it someday but I really don't see that happening with our city's budget. We're already tearing down the viaduct and putting in a tunnel under the city. There is no more money. They don't get it.

Sounds like what's going on with the Bucharest Metro....

We gon build purple line from gypsy ghetto allll the way to the heart of the city, and den extend it allll the way to the east ghetto's of the capital.

What about a line from the main rail station to the Airports? wat
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6777|Comber, Northern Ireland

Finray wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

i don't get it ? somthing about the bridges maybe ?
Look where the bridge is going..
touche
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5535|England
Pretty sick
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6639|132 and Bush

These are obvious. Perception of height is distorted from a down and away angle.

Anyways, you really have to wonder how it could have gotten that far before face palm.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ghettoperson
+1,943|6687

I'm really surprised it got that far. Surely the first thing you'd do would be check what the clearance would need to be? It is Romania though...
Ioan92
+337|5760
Apparently, the bridge was being constructed before the electrification of the line of something like that, probably that the AC line was installed right as construction began and they got blind or something... Apparently.

But is just priceless fail
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6678|Your moms bedroom
I see, all our trains around here are EMD's

well, since it is a sectional bridge, they are going to have to redo those last two on each side to make it higher, now the problem is the gap and the angle between the stanchions. was another one supposed to go smack dab in the middle of the train tracks? That would be even more epic if it was.

http://johns-architect-adventure.blogsp … ia_23.html

a little more insight into what has happened

hmmm EU funds ehh. Sounds like a clusterfuck

Last edited by Locoloki (2009-05-28 11:33:26)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard