Man With No Name
جندي
+148|5597|The Wild West
you tell em cracker
beerface702
+65|6715|las vegas
Time to Panic Now?

I work as a resident doctor in one of the biggest hospitals in Mexico City and sadly, the situation is far from "under control". As a doctor, I realise that the media does not report the truth. Authorities distributed vaccines among all the medical personnel with no results, because two of my partners who worked in this hospital (interns) were killed by this new virus in less than six days even though they were vaccinated as all of us were. The official number of deaths is 20, nevertheless, the true number of victims are more than 200. I understand that we must avoid to panic, but telling the truth it might be better now to prevent and avoid more deaths.

Yeny Gregorio Dávila, Mexico City

I'm a college student in Mexico City, and I can only say that the information that the media has provided doesn't seem to be enough, we do not now how serious it is because they have failed to mention it. There have been two ways of responding to this event, the ones that have entered themselves into quarantine claiming that the government is hiding something much more serious, and those who take this as a joke saying that everyone is overreacting. To put a cherry on top all kind of crazy rumours are flying around - that they are going to quarantine Mexico City, that a school and some specific branches of offices and jobs are going to be suspended for days to come, and so on. I wish more info was available, for example how to prevent it? Have there been many deaths? Is there a threat of an epidemic?

Mari A, Mexico City

The whole city is affected, I have a very bad feeling about this. Two of my friends at work are sick, they were sick for a couple of days, they went to the hospital and they sent them back to work. The doctor told them it was just a flu until Friday when the alarm was spread, then they were allowed to go home. I work in a call centre and I'm worried because there are no windows in the building so it cannot be ventilated and around 400 people work there.
We all have talked to our supervisor but no one has done anything not even sterilise or disinfect the area. We will be sick soon and, well, do the math - 400 can infect at least another two per day. The authorities say there's nothing they can do since it's a private company and I can assure you, the company I work for is not the only one like this in the whole city. Us workers don't have much protection from our government and if we want to keep our jobs we have to go anyway.

Adriana, Mexico City

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/talking_point/8018428.stm
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6541|Montucky
I got a Flu shot.  i'm good.
beerface702
+65|6715|las vegas
it's useless against this strain for now.

I don't beilive the hype the CDC pushes on yearly flu shots myself. I haven't had a flu shot since grade school and have only came down with the flu once in my 28 years.

the CDC will milk this issue if anything doesn't happen to get rid of their stock pile.
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|6017|Truthistan

beerface702 wrote:

one thing interesting about this case besides it being a strain with 4 different types..and passing easily from human to human. Is the fact that it seems to be targeting adults 22-40 years old..in good health in Mexico.

same with the spanish flu. It generally killed healhty adults. And was different from most flu that attacks younger children or the elderly

im hunkerin down this weekend. No bar tonight.
If its killing the strong and healthy then it must be because the young and strong have healthy immune systems and the virus must be provoking an overexaggerated immune response by the body. The similar thing happens with the Hantra virus, where the young and strong get infected and the body's response has them drowning in their own fluids.

The good news is that you should be able to weaken your immune system by staying drunk the whole time. Whiskey or JD ought to do it. In any event, drunk would be the better way to go out.

Last edited by Diesel_dyk (2009-04-25 21:49:53)

beerface702
+65|6715|las vegas

Macbeth wrote:

beerface702 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

hahaha let Mexico get the flu and burn for all I care.
dumb.

you should care.

you realize how many Hispanics  are coming over into the states right?

the shit is probably here big time, just hasn't finished incubation

i guess we will find out in the following week or two.

*ok I will edit my post*
pff who gives a fuck this whole thing is just the media looking for something to fill time with, it'll blow over and it'll back to business as usual if not millions of Mexicans will die at least and I won't mind that at all.
you are proabably right. Im not in panic mode..

but you never know. It's not like this sort of thing is out of a science fiction book. History is riddled with countless pandemics.

and i would say we are long over do for culling the herd back a bit.
beerface702
+65|6715|las vegas

Diesel_dyk wrote:

beerface702 wrote:

one thing interesting about this case besides it being a strain with 4 different types..and passing easily from human to human. Is the fact that it seems to be targeting adults 22-40 years old..in good health in Mexico.

same with the spanish flu. It generally killed healhty adults. And was different from most flu that attacks younger children or the elderly

If its killing the strong and healthy then it must be because the young and strong have healthy immune systems and the virus must be provoking an overexaggerated immune response by the body. The similar thing happens with the Hantra virus, where the young and strong get infected and the body's response has them drowning in their own fluids.

The good news is that you should be able to weaken your immune system by staying drunk the whole time. Whiskey or JD ought to do it. In any event, drunk would be the better way to go out.
heh I guess we should be good then.

actually I drink quite a bit, but my health is fine. Mainly because Im big into herbs and supplementation and exercise 3-4 times a week..eating right etc. I aint one of those fubar drunks...it will catch up with me though

Last edited by beerface702 (2009-04-25 21:52:24)

Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|6017|Truthistan

beerface702 wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

beerface702 wrote:

heh I guess we should be good then.

actually I drink quite a bit, but my health is fine. Mainly because Im big into herbs and supplementation and exercise 3-4 times a week..eating right etc. I aint one of those fubar drunks...it will catch up with me though
Best thing for cold/flu = hot tea with lots of rye whiskey and lots of honey, just drink one after another and when you get tired have one of those hot lemon time drinks with antihistamine and pain killers and you get to sleep like a baby. I'm sure the liver hates it but who cares when you're sick. Take vitamin B though, no one likes alcohol induced dimentia.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6687|NT, like Mick Dundee

Man With No Name wrote:

it was the army of the 12 monkeys
https://blogs.abc.net.au/articulate/images/2009/02/05/die_hard.jpg
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6413

Flecco wrote:

Man With No Name wrote:

http://blogs.abc.net.au/articulate/imag … e_hard.jpg
Didn't like that film much.  He alters the past, but doesn't alter his past in the future, so his second "It wasn't them" message never got to him and he died.  Wut.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6175|what

It's too late the close the border.

It is an Avian flu. You can't check the passports of birds and stop them entering the US...
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5724|College Park, MD

AussieReaper wrote:

It is an Avian flu. You can't check the passports of birds and stop them entering the US...
Program our PATRIOT missiles to lock on to anything bird-sized.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6769|Mexico City

Macbeth wrote:

why dont u kill yourself instead?, for all i care...
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6769|Mexico City
i live in mexico city,
is not that big like the news worldwide are reporting it. There are 20 confirmed deaths by this virus. The people that died were very poor or people that went for treatment too many days after getting sick.

what is still unconfirmed, is said that patient zero came from california, he infected unprepaired medics and some sick poor people at a public hospital. From there it spreaded.

what we know too  is that one french guy and one british guy got sick after arriving to their countries. considering the thousands of people that fly from mexico city airport to other countries, that is good news, and also, weird..

the virus is attacking people between 20 and 40 y.o., why?, because younger people has already on their systems the vaccine for influenza, not for this particular kind, but it is helping them some way to not getting sick.
im 35+ y.o. and i dont have that vaccine on my system. i got similar symptoms like 2 weeks ago. I overrided them by filling my system with vitamine C and A. This is something the government has asked us to do.

our government has asked us to stay at our homes as long as possible and avoid conglomerates of people, like going to school, concerts, movies, sport events, etc.. too bad not going to work wasnt mentioned, i could go to cancun to "cool down". mexico city is windy these days and the virus is airborne. this is for precaution. if we have to get out, they recommend us to covers our nose and mouth. we cant get the virus through our skins.

Hopefully we will develop a vaccine in the next few days or our system is going to develop antibodies asap. Our systems are different from yours.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6461|King Of The Islands

some_random_panda wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Man With No Name wrote:

Didn't like that film much.  He alters the past, but doesn't alter his past in the future, so his second "It wasn't them" message never got to him and he died.  Wut.
Goddamn, even the synopsis of the movie hurts my brain.

Fuck you, Twelve Monkeys.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd
+169|6769|Mexico City

AussieReaper wrote:

is not avian. theres already a vaccine for it. is PORCINE.
Reciprocity
+721|6603|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Sgt. Sergio Bennet 3rd wrote:

Our systems are different from yours.
your drinking water is like sewage so you guys must be tough.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6175|what

AussieReaper wrote:

is not avian. theres already a vaccine for it. is PORCINE.
wat

Anne Schuchat, director of CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said that the American cases were found to be made up of genetic elements from four different flu viruses — North American swine influenza, North American avian influenza, human influenza A virus subtype H1N1, and swine influenza virus typically found in Asia and Europe.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5608

Macbeth wrote:

why dont u kill yourself instead?, for all i care...
Hmm I thought you stopped posting here.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6604|SE London

some_random_panda wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Man With No Name wrote:

But does he alter anything....?

Great film. Like every other film Terry Gilliam has ever made.
BVC
+325|6718
We have a few cases amongst the recently-returned.  Only in the North Island so far.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6687|NT, like Mick Dundee

Pubic wrote:

We have a few cases amongst the recently-returned.  Only in the North Island so far.
So I heard.

I also heard 80 or so fatalities so far, kinda kills Bennet's theory of only 20 but w/e.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6413

Bertster7 wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

But does he alter anything....?

Great film. Like every other film Terry Gilliam has ever made.
Well, yes, he sends his future self a message which would have arrived with his first message had he actually sent it.  He doesn't hear his own message saying that the 12 Monkeys has nothing to do with it, even though he sent both.  If you ignore the plot hole that one of his messages doesn't arrive while the other does, and then the first arrives and is heard by his cellmate, then the whole "around in a circle" thing works nicely.
beerface702
+65|6715|las vegas
I just had a bloody stooll.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard