ATG
Banned
+5,233|6551|Global Command
< Five videos.

These guys are so full of good cheer. They are correct though the Alt A arm onslaught has yet to kick in. Small businesses are looking at empty parking lots and unringing phones.

See also;

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-f … 3726.story
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5608

1st video: People are fucking assholes.
2nd video: I have a weird feeling that most homes are actually way over priced anyway.
3rd: Empty stores are just about everywhere; shit sucks.

my 2 cents don't have time for 2 more.
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|6017|Truthistan
If those homes are in the X-burbs then its no wonder they are abandoned. PEople moved way way out to get a house. paid way way too much and used an ARM. They were living on the edge in terms of distance from work which equals an extra long commute, and on the edge in terms of their budget. Then gas went to $4+ a gallon and the 60 to 100 miles commute made these houses unaffordable. They couldn't afford the gas let alone the mortgage.

The housing bubble is still crashing. BTW I would look in the neigbors garage for the missing air conditioner, shower head etc.
ATG
Banned

Diesel_dyk wrote:

The housing bubble is still crashing.
^^ yes.

Sadly, I suspect it has a long way to go.

I know for 90% certain that I will eventually have to walk from mine. It is currently 235k upside down. There is no good solution from the govs programs, no mercy from the bank and my revenues continue to shrink.

The graph they drew, while maybe a little crude is correct; incomes are still way out of line with housing values.
You have to be either old money or a fucking crook to afford anything.

Until median income roughly matches median home prices we are well and truly fucked.
As for democrats and their so called solutions; they are pied pipers leading pigs to the slaughter house.

The ranks of government employees need to shrink by at least 35%, those that remain need to actually work for a living instead of viewing the public as their personal slop trough from which to feed.

California, and indeed our nation may well indeed be doomed as it exists today. 225 years to build it up and eight years and change to give it away.

Sad on so many levels.
Diesel_dyk
+178|6017|Truthistan
^^^ agreed

I posted this video before and if you have seen it then sorry for the repeat. The guy in the video predicts the bottom of the housing bubble in 2015. At 9:00 minutes he talks about the gap between income and housing prices and again at 11:30 minutes. The whole video is good. and this guy has 20 videos on this website and all are worth watching.

http://www.chrismartenson.com/crashcour … 15-bubbles

My personal favorite chapter is 16, where he talks about the fuzzy numbers the govt has used. This guy indicates that real inflation has been running at 11%, far higher than what the govt has been telling us. It means we've been in a recession for more than 2 years already. You can never rely on statistics and its hard to argue with those empty houses on that video.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5608

ATG wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

The housing bubble is still crashing.
^^ yes.

Sadly, I suspect it has a long way to go.

I know for 90% certain that I will eventually have to walk from mine. It is currently 235k upside down. There is no good solution from the govs programs, no mercy from the bank and my revenues continue to shrink.

The graph they drew, while maybe a little crude is correct; incomes are still way out of line with housing values.
You have to be either old money or a fucking crook to afford anything.

Until median income roughly matches median home prices we are well and truly fucked.
As for democrats and their so called solutions; they are pied pipers leading pigs to the slaughter house.

The ranks of government employees need to shrink by at least 35%, those that remain need to actually work for a living instead of viewing the public as their personal slop trough from which to feed.

California, and indeed our nation may well indeed be doomed as it exists today. 225 years to build it up and eight years and change to give it away.

Sad on so many levels.
What if something happens great with the overall economy and everything starts to recover, your revenue stream goes back up, and you get to keep your home.

What then? Would you be happy with the president and will your hatred for GWB reside?
Reciprocity
+721|6603|the dank(super) side of Oregon
everything is a crysis.  you must have really enjoyed that game.  or do you spell it like that to make my eyes bleed?
Wallpaper
+303|6016|The pool

Reciprocity wrote:

everything is a crysis.  you must have really enjoyed that game.  or do you spell it like that to make my eyes bleed?
I think he means the buildings can be nano-suit punched to bits
ATG
Banned

Reciprocity wrote:

It's. a. video. game. forum. ffs.
beerface702
+65|6715|las vegas
Commercial real estate could be the next joyful balloon to pop in this shit storm.

I heard an analogy  today from a gloomy investor on cnbc. He was remarking on a question about the housing bottom that has hit supposdely..(if you listen to cnbc enough, every day is a bottom in markets, then poof!)

anyway the guy said the light you see at the end of the tunnel isn't the end, but the headlight of the train coming.

oh so true.

Last edited by beerface702 (2009-04-23 01:34:07)

ATG
Banned
Not could be, will be.

Anaheim commercial space is going for as low as $ 0.69 per square foot. That is...unheard of.

And, the fat lady has sung.

I know about a dozen people who employee people; we are all deciding whom to lay off next, what bills to pay and how to function.
Six more months of this...

it will not end well.
ATG
Banned
"People are hoping that Obama's house saver plan will kick in and abort the new wave of foreclosures," he said. "There is just no way. There is a pig the size of Godzilla in the foreclosure python."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c … 1777R4.DTL
beerface702
+65|6715|las vegas
what about mothra?

surely that beast will rear it's ugly head.

Bonds market, pension funds

GM closing the entire summer

buckle the seat belt folks..and don't listen to shit they tell you on the news.

CNBC is known as "Calling new bottoms Channel"

it's what they do best, and joe 12 pack goes by their advice.

JIm cramer is a tool.. The only person worth there salt on that network is rick santelli

Last edited by beerface702 (2009-04-23 01:38:23)

Reciprocity
+721|6603|the dank(super) side of Oregon

ATG wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

It's. a. video. game. forum. ffs.
i understand.  but part of good fomenting is good spelling.
beerface702
+65|6715|las vegas
lol crysis

I hope I see that on a newspaper on tv for the situation someday..that would be comedy relief right there.
Diesel_dyk
+178|6017|Truthistan
Here is a another CNBC video from this morning. They had Donald Trump on who said that the banks are not lending. His story makes a lot of sense. He says basically that the banks will finance you on a foreclosed home, I presume to get it off of their books, that makes sense. He also says that the banks will not finance people on a home purchase, I presume because those homes compete with the foreclosed homes they have on the books.... This makes rational sense from the perspective of the bank.... and also means that the govt is wasting our tax dollars by giving it to these banks with the expectation that lending will start again. The lending won't resume until the housing bubble collapses and the glut of foreclosed homes works it way through the system. Otherwise, why would the bank lend money to compete against its interests.

To me it kind of like this
You're going to buy a car from a GM dealer but then you have to cross the street to the Ford dealership for financing. Why in the world would Ford finance a GM car for you. That's exactly what appears to be happening. Banks have changed from being lenders to being home sellers. Its a shift that I don't think govt policy has caught on to and banks are taking in tax payer money promising to lend when in fact they can sit on the money, dry up credit and basically form a monopoly on home selling. Can't sell your home, short sale or otherwise, too bad, we'll foreclose and we'll sell it because we're the only game in town.

I think Jon Stewart should have Donald Trump on to talk specifically on this issue... When Trump began spilling the beans, CNBC cut him off after only 30 seconds.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1 … amp;play=1 Trump talks about No lending at 4:19 minutes. He also talks about people looking for work who have lost their pensions earlier in the video. [edit: but it does look like this was meant specifically to be a 5 minute piece. I wish they had more time to go into specifics with him on this issue]

PS I have noticed that CNBC is getting a lot better at interviewing guests on their shows. There is a lot less talking over a guest who is presented a counter viewpoint... Its making the shows way more interesting. I've stopped throwing my foam bricks at the TV when Kudlow is talking.

Last edited by Diesel_dyk (2009-04-23 14:36:48)

Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6571|San Diego, CA, USA
http://www.bubbleinfo.com/2009/06/bore-atorium/

You can now go 12 months without paying your mortgage in California!!!   \o/

I guess all of the rest of us that are paying our mortgages on-time and in full are paying for these guys.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6687|NT, like Mick Dundee

Obama should have bailed out mortgage holders, not the big banks. Would have killed toxic assets off pretty fast.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6739

Flecco wrote:

Obama should have bailed out mortgage holders, not the big banks. Would have killed toxic assets off pretty fast.
a lot of the mortgage holders couldn't afford their mortgages... Barney Mac and Freddi Mac were giving out loans like they were candy...
no wait... drive through... 12 bucks and hour... Here is your 400k townhouse...   Now the housing market is fixing itself...
Despite what BO has said he would do or what he is going to do or what he did... gets confusing to figure him out...
Love is the answer
Flecco
iPod is broken.

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Flecco wrote:

a lot of the mortgage holders couldn't afford their mortgages... Barney Mac and Freddi Mac were giving out loans like they were candy...
no wait... drive through... 12 bucks and hour... Here is your 400k townhouse...   Now the housing market is fixing itself...
Despite what BO has said he would do or what he is going to do or what he did... gets confusing to figure him out...
Point was it would have helped stop the economy going down the shitter so fast to my understanding. I'm not big on govt. handouts that are unnecessary but giving the tax money back to the people who make up the population base > giving it to the banks and financial institutions who's shitty policy making decisions helped cause the damn mess in the first place. Wipe a good part of the debt slate clean and watch what happens to your economy m8.

So would have slashing the value of the US dollar by printing more money and bringing back the USA's unparalleled ability as a powerhouse manufacturer and exporter.

Btw Catbox you should work on the structuring of your posts, they can be hard to interpret at times.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6739

Flecco wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Point was it would have helped stop the economy going down the shitter so fast to my understanding. I'm not big on govt. handouts that are unnecessary but giving the tax money back to the people who make up the population base > giving it to the banks and financial institutions who's shitty policy making decisions helped cause the damn mess in the first place. Wipe a good part of the debt slate clean and watch what happens to your economy m8.

So would have slashing the value of the US dollar by printing more money and bringing back the USA's unparalleled ability as a powerhouse manufacturer and exporter.

Btw Catbox you should work on the structuring of your posts, they can be hard to interpret at times.
I agree about the structure of my posts...lol.  My grammar is beyond bad.(my last grammar class was in 1974)
And i agree that the banks took advantage of the wave of shady loans.
Everyone thought that it would last forever but the house of cards collapsed.
I wish we could find and single out the bad folks who let this happen and put them in jail for a long,long time.
   My friend made 21k a year and easily got a 300k loan for a condo. I was offered a no doc/no hassle loan at the same time from a mortgage
friend,but i knew something wasn't right, that i could buy  a house easier than i could buy a new car.
Love is the answer
Flecco
iPod is broken.

[TUF wrote:

Catbox]but i knew something wasn't right, that i could buy  a house easier than i could buy a new car.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6623|132 and Bush

Flecco wrote:

[TUF wrote:

Catbox]but i knew something wasn't right, that i could buy  a house easier than i could buy a new car.
O'rly
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6739

Kmarion wrote:

Flecco wrote:

[TUF wrote:

O'rly
No doc loans... no proof of income...= house   400k townhouse financed   and the guy i know made 11.00 an hour
credit check/ job check = car      20k car   

It was crazy here in Northern Va... maybe it was harder in Fla and other places?
A lot of illegals amongst others who also didn't have the means to pay the loan were able to buy houses here... and when times got rough... they packed up and were down the road living with family... I personally know people who did this.

Last edited by [TUF]Catbox (2009-06-19 19:45:25)

Love is the answer
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6623|132 and Bush

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Flecco wrote:

O'rly
No doc loans... no proof of income...= house   400k townhouse financed   and the guy i know made 11.00 an hour
credit check/ job check = car      20k car   

It was crazy here in Northern Va... maybe it was harder in Fla and other places?
A lot of illegals amongst others who also didn't have the means to pay the loan were able to buy houses here... and when times got rough... they packed up and were down the road living with family... I personally know people who did this.
No docs certainly weren't the standard. I work in housing (as does my entire family) and I can tell you getting a car was still much easier. .. at least for the majority of people.

Now if you want to compare it to today... well holy shit it's a complete flip flop. The market is compensating .. and it should.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard