Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6700

OK, I think I screwed up my Dell XPS 435MT i7 motherboard.  I moved the MB to a new case, replaced the PS with the Corsair TX750W, and replaced the GC with a BFG 295.  Didn't POST.  Put everything back on the XPS as original, and won't POST.

Anyone recommend a midrange i7 motherboard?  Not looking to overclock much.  Stability and longevity over performance.  Looking for at least double SLI, six banks for RAM, and at least one legacy PCI slot.

Any advice on why it won't POST?  What component I may have fried?

Thanks.
Drykill
I Like Waffles.
+47|6725|England
Tried clearing the CMOS and double checking EVERYTHING was connected properly?
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6230|Winland

Ilocano wrote:

midrange

Ilocano wrote:

i7
DOES NOT COMPUTE
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6447|Finland

Tried...
reseting CMOS?
both PSUs?
do you see post screen or is it all black?
different gfx card?
different monitor&monitor cable&different DVI port of gfx card?
do the fans spin?
does mobo stand by power led light up?
hear any beeps?
does HDD crunch like normally booting?
only two sticks of ram&different combination of them?
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6447|Finland

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

midrange

Ilocano wrote:

i7
DOES NOT COMPUTE
midrange i7 motherboard /=/ midrange PC
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6230|Winland

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

midrange

Ilocano wrote:

i7
DOES NOT COMPUTE
How is X58 midrange?
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6700

LOL, forgot about reseting CMOS.  Not home right now, but I'll look for that RTCRST Jumper.

More info:
No post screen.
Just blank screen.
No signal to LCD.
Tried VGA, DVI, and HDMI ports.
CPU and other fans running.
MB status light yellow, instead of green.
PS status light is green.
No beeps as I recall.
HD seems to spin, but no normal "crunch" sounds.
6 sticks of RAM.  Didn't touch those though.
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6447|Finland

Freezer7Pro wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

midrange
DOES NOT COMPUTE
How is X58 midrange?
there are X58 in 3 price ranges. 160-200€ are entry level for i7, 200-300€ midrange, >300€ enthusiast level
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6230|Winland

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

How is X58 midrange?
there are X58 in 3 price ranges. 160-200€ are entry level for i7, 200-300€ midrange, >300€ enthusiast level
Those are still all the highest of high-range.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6700

Freezer7Pro wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

DOES NOT COMPUTE
How is X58 midrange?
  Midrange MB for an i7.  In other words, I don't need all the bells and whistles of the top eVGA i7 board.

$200 MB low end.
$250-350 MB midrange
$350+ MB high range.
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6447|Finland

Freezer7Pro wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

How is X58 midrange?
for a complete build.

for i7 mobo not....
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6799|Cambridge (UK)

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

for a complete build.

for i7 mobo not....
Shut up Panzer - how dare you contradict the Freezer.
The Freezer has spoken - agree or gtfo!

Spoiler (highlight to read):
An i7 based PC is not 'mid-range' but a 250euro i7 mobo is
Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6617|Finland

Ilocano wrote:

Midrange MB for an i7.  In other words, I don't need all the bells and whistles of the top eVGA i7 board.

$200 MB low end.
$250-350 MB midrange
$350+ MB high range.
If you are looking for "midrange" i7 board for 250$-350$ then I recommend you the evga x58. It is under 300$ at Newegg. I can push my bclk over 200 on air by only increasing cpu vtt and cpu vcore and everyting else on stock. But if you don't want to oc something cheaper might do.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6600|NYC / Hamburg

EVGA, ASUS, Gigabyte, whatever. They're all fine.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard