gnot<3
Leave blank to use forum default.
+45|5575
An Ohio 6-year-old has something only one in a million people have: an IQ of 176 or above.
Cincinnati.com reports that young Pranav Veera, who likes video games and playing outside like any other child, is anything but typical.
The Loveland boy can say the alphabet backwards and list the names of U.S. presidents in the order they served in office. If you give him any date going back to 2000, Veera can tell you what day of the week that was.
He also appears to have a photographic memory.
Even Albert Einstein didn't score as high on the intelligence charts as Veera: The legendary genius' IQ was thought to be about 160.
"He's an amazing child," said Marci Taylor, Veera's kindergarten teacher. "He knows so much, yet he's probably more excited about learning than any child I've ever seen. He shakes with excitement."

source

get a life? jk, kid is

wonder wat he'll accomplish in the next 10 years o.O
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5564|Toronto
These kids seem to burn out at a pretty young age. They get told their entire life that they will do great things an the pressure gets to them. That or they decide they are too good to learn anything more from a lowly teacher and bore themselves to death. Either way, keeping the kid humble will be challenge.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Man With No Name
جندي
+148|5596|The Wild West
Miley Cyrus' IQ is 110
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6491
Pretty retarded considering IQ is relative to age/development/maturity and Einstein never had his IQ measured when he was 6, Jesus.

Also, as Pochsy said above these children are normally just tragic cases of media-publicity overhyping and parental pressure. Everyone wants their kid to turn out as a young child prodigy but in reality how many superstar 10 year old intellectuals are there in the world? Pretty much nil, the only 'true' geniuses that ever live up to the nametag they get slapped with are the autistic savant children, and that's more tragic than celebratory.

Last edited by Uzique (2009-03-19 23:48:43)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
DaRkAcE
+6|6220
Ironicly I have a 165ish IQ aswell. I was bored as fuck in highschool, I'm bored as fuck in college. Got out of highschool at 16, was in college at 17. I decided to take a break from school and get a job and pay off my car. Maybe figure out what I want to do along the way.

And no I'm not autistic.

Last edited by DaRkAcE (2009-03-20 00:11:11)

Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5564|Toronto

DaRkAcE wrote:

Ironicly I have a 165ish IQ aswell. I was bored as fuck in highschool, I'm bored as fuck in college. Got out of highschool at 16, was in college at 17. I decided to take a break from school and get a job and pay off my car. Maybe figure out what I want to do along the way.

And no I'm not autistic.
So which university (or college) did you attend?
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
rdx-fx
+955|6612
1) IQ tests are weighted by age.  If you understand the reasoning used in an IQ test at a young age, you get inflated IQ scores.

2) Most IQ tests max out at 165.  To  test above 150, a completely different test series is required.

So, cool for the little boy and all.. but smarter than Einstein is premature until he does something like finish a Grand Unified Theory that Einstein just couldn't quite puzzle out. 

Hopefully the adults around him don't force him into the usual routine of stupid pet tricks that most unusually bright kids get forced into.  "ooh, ooh!  let's make him take another test for us!  ooh, ooh!  do that thing where you describe that really technical bit of science that no kid your age should understand!".
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6737
Wont it be fun being the 12 year old circus boy college student... sad...  I hope he is smart enough to slow down and enjoy beer and nascar....lol
Love is the answer
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5809|Catherine Black
He got something wrong: Pluto isn't a planet. What a fucking retard.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6174|what

gnot<3 wrote:

only one in a million people have: an IQ of 176 or above.
But with a population of 6 billion he isn't that special.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6648|UK
I watched a documentary once that basically said that an IQ test was a relatively poor test of "intelligence" - in that intelligence comes in different forms.

For instance, this kid may be able to store a lot of information and be able to recall it, but I wonder how good he is at solving problems (mathematical, logical, physical, etc).
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6432|'Murka

gnot<3 wrote:

young Pranav Veera, who likes video games and playing outside like any other child,
This proves it's fake.

One or the other, but you can't have both.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6599|Columbus, OH

FEOS wrote:

gnot<3 wrote:

young Pranav Veera, who likes video games and playing outside like any other child,
This proves it's fake.

maybe he's a sk8ter boi
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6686|NT, like Mick Dundee

loubot wrote:

FEOS wrote:

gnot<3 wrote:

This proves it's fake.

maybe he's a sk8ter boi
By no stretch of the imagination are they like any other child.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6510|Gogledd Cymru

IQ tests measure your ability to take IQ tests. It's a shit way of measuring intelligence.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6521|so randum
IQ measures potential
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6484|Tyne & Wear, England
Unfortunate name.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Yaocelotl
:D
+221|6671|Keyboard

The Sheriff wrote:

IQ tests measure your ability to take IQ tests. It's a shit way of measuring intelligence.
QFT. This tests just proves that you are good at them, but not necessarily mean that you are intelligent enough to fucking throw a football to your buddy or change a tire.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6782

The Sheriff wrote:

this
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5954|United States
i hope he takes his time in high school and doesn't start uni at 10
firebolt5
+114|6176

Finray wrote:

He got something wrong: Pluto isn't a planet. What a fucking retard.
It's a dwarf planet though
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6375|West NY

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

nascar....lol
fixed
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6514|N. Ireland
IQ tests mean nothing. Einstein had innovation, incentive and was in all senses a genius.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6598|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

Yaocelotl wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

QFT. This tests just proves that you are good at them, but not necessarily mean that you are intelligent enough to fucking throw a football to your buddy or change a tire.
I can picture that, the guy can do enormous math in his head...but cant fucking change a flat tire
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6153|Scotland!
ITT: Jealousy

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard