jonrpatrick
+3|5732|Charlotte, NC, USA
Hey all,
I was playing with a guy last week, and in Sharqi standing on the TV station, he could 'spot' people at the Hotel, when all I could see was fog.
AND, he was superior at seeing targets at a distance.
When I asked, he said he had his visual settings highly tweaked.

Hints, tips? I've got visibility at 100% and all 'high' except for lighting.  What else is there I need to know about?
Thanks!
FvD
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6770|Reality
Well if anybody responds to your post they should provide screenies to prove that their 'tweaks' actually work.
And it might help if you provide  your system's specs.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6409|the land of bourbon
he probably had that setting where you can remove all the fog
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
phishman420
Banned
+821|5708

steelie34 wrote:

he probably had that setting where you can remove all the fog
thepilot91
+64|6263|Ă…land!
as long as the soldiers you spot aren't beyond the DRAWdistance you can spot them altough you ca't see them trough the fog , the map songhua stalemate is a good example drawing distance is about 500 or 700 meters I think
iNfinity.
+12|5671|Norway
Maybe he just spotted random and found someone Happend to me when i was at carrier on Wake.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6491|cuntshitlake

I spot through the fog all the time.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Simon
basically
+838|6685|UK
he was hacking, i suggest reporting him
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6793|Cambridge (UK)
There are several threads on the topic of getting the maximum view distance already - try Search.

But, as other have said, if by 'spot' you're referring to the in-game 'spot' command, then he probably couldn't 'see' the people he was 'spotting' he was just hitting 'spot' knowing that there was a high probability that someone would be there.

You don't actually need to be able to physically see someone to be able to 'spot' them in-game.
PPSKevin
+2|5581|Mukilteo,Washington, USA
100% is good just keep it there, and glad to find someone else that can run this 4 year old game at high

KUDOS!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard