Thrash
+1|6689
I'm a brit and I think its great they use such a stereotypical Posh brit accent. I can only imagine the choice to use such a stereotypical accent was probably because they only intend on implementing 1 for each side, so they used one that would be universally reconized.

Also it makes us Brits laugh because we know that we don't talk this way (although watching any kind of american TV will have you believe we do, which just makes me piss!)

It would be better if they did incorporate a few more regional variations on all sides and gave you the option to choose which was closest to your own dialect.

They could probably do a NORTH, SOUTH, EAST and WEST option on each countries voices.

In Britain North could be a geordie/scouse/manc or scot accent, South a Posh or cockney London, East a Yorkshire or plainer sounding English and West... the farmer Giles West country or Welsh or Irish accents.

In USA it could be North being a more typical sounding american, South a Yee-Haw southern gentlemen accent or Forrest gumpish, East a "How u dooin!" New Yoker accent, and West a californian "GNarly dudes!!!!" surfers accent.

Maybe something for the next installment...

Now enough of this Poppycock, 1 is horf for a round of cricket and jam butties with Jenkins then later 1 shall be venturing down to the local pub to pull some birds, such be a most rippingly good time, what what!

Last edited by Thrash (2006-02-20 11:59:28)

joe1rossiter
+0|6687
lol if the french special forces were any gd there main training wood include extreme cheese making  and the professinal way to surrender and advance forgs legs cooking courses
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
+17|6788|Switzerland (Im not swiss tho)

juanito wrote:

shellshox345 wrote:

I can't make out what they say while calling for a medic, it sounds like "skylight"
exactly wtf is it with them saying "skylight" or something to that matter.  there are other things they say that i dont understand O_O and they do sound gay, how is it suppose to scare me when they say that they are going to replace me in such a gay voice
what is gay is the Rebel forces voice. ever heard a lone wolf or a squad member? sounds like he got his balls squeezed, juiced and made into a milkshake.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6740|NJ
But why don't the brits have horrible teeth in the game? That would be sweet get all the jabs in.
tehmoogles
Don't touch the pom-pom!
+7|6754
If you put posh South voices in there I shall castrate you myself.

Yorkshire: Yarkshire laaak.
Somerset: I cen't read 'n' I cen't roight, but that don't even ma'er, 'cause I com from Soomersert, 'n' I cen drive a tratter.
Leeds: Urgh. Don't even ASK.

Skylight: *Imagines someone calling and then the commander (In a posh voice of course) dropping a pane of glass on them. They then die from embarressment, pain, stupidity and the fact that they're impaled upon a shard of skylight. They then respawn and proceed to knife the commander in the face*
antin0de
+44|6711|SL,UT

GeneralReedy wrote:

wow this topic is great!! not only are we slandering the French - always good, but we are moaning about stupid stereotypical accents for the SAS - it is kinda funny tho
My turn to keep the stereotype alive:

I sometimes wind up on this French server (I forget the name).  Never in my life have I seen such incompetence in a war game.  Seriously... it's like everyone on that server just sucks.  Attack chopper pilots taking off alone, jets crashing everywhere, tanks crashing into the sea, people on the end of my knife... with their heads in their asses.  lol.
tehmoogles
Don't touch the pom-pom!
+7|6754
Also, why are there so many French servers for CS:S? (Off topic) Today I was in an English server and some guys tarted speaking French, and I asked them politely to speak in English. They asked why (In French), and I explained that there are more low-ping French than English servers, therefore if they want to speak French, they should go there. Argh.
Digital Aura
Git R Dun
+18|6705|Ontario, Canada
Not all the French servers are France don't forget. I see so many Quebec (French-Canadian) servers on that I often end up playing with French team mates and I have to try to remember my French classes! C'est domage!
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6725|S.E. United States
enemy boat spotted

hell you outta hear how they talk down here in alabama,lol
Kev0
+0|6664|Sacramento, California
so what command would i have to do to hear,

"I SHAT ON A TURTLE"
Esker
+1|6771
https://jeffcosheriff.net/images/album/DSCN07631.jpg

Does anyone know if Sheriff John Burnell's teeth are actually real? Or has that guy spent a seriously large amount on dentist bills?

Seriously, I wanna know... He's my hero because he has nice teeth. All American heroes have nice teeth.

Last edited by Esker (2006-03-19 18:22:02)

Superlonghurst
+0|6651

joe1rossiter wrote:

lol if the french special forces were any gd there main training wood include extreme cheese making  and the professinal way to surrender and advance forgs legs cooking courses
I dare you to say that to any member of the GFCA, GROUFUMACO or 1er RPIMa. You will only do it once then you'll get the shit kicked out of you by one of these so called "cheese eating surrender monkeys". I may not like the French but they certainly arn't cowards and they are very well trained in Spec ops.

Back on topic, I don't care really what voices they use for the the SAS it seems to be the exact same voices that they used for the British Army in BF1942 and there were the exact same arguments about that nearly 5 years ago.

Last edited by Superlonghurst (2006-03-26 13:54:04)

Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6850|Orlando, FL - Age 43

shellshox345 wrote:

I can't make out what they say while calling for a medic, it sounds like "skylight"
It's 'Starlight"
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6836|Jupiter

ThomasMorgan wrote:

we just have to live with it.
PRiMACORD
+190|6669|Home of the Escalade Herds
I'd be pissed off if i was a brit, EA did a crap job on the voice for the SAS/EU teams.

The EU team sounds like a bunch of mentally impaired rejects.
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6869|Netherlands
U should buy  Boosterpack  Euroforce......Now thats posh....baaah...
Nintendogamer
+72|6631|Chelmsford, UK
the british voices, are awful. Why didn't they just use the ones from 1942??
.:DR:.Quickdr4w|SOQ
+1|6626
im a british born yorkshire lad and to some people from america we have a nice accent to others its like we are toffee nosed TWATS but lets be honest here any body on t.s spoke to a british player ? we dont speak like the voice over we hear on special forces .. i mean how would the american team like it if somebody messed up there voice overs!! it wouldnt go down well and am sure there would be complaint to EA n Dice about it .. thats all we are saying! we dont talk like hugh grant in real life not uhnless u got ganged raped while attendin the oxford 4 boys school. i would love to hear a =SAS= infrantry officer who has just passed selection turn around and say thanks ol chap afta recievein a band aid lol.
Ashes_To_Empires
+1|6628|England!!
Quickdraw, you aren't english . wanna know how i can tell? NOONE IN ENGLAND SAYS "BAND-AID", it's a plaster,

Oh, and its Starlight, not skylight, just to be the 8th person to say it
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6642|Cheshire. UK

shellshox345 wrote:

he is actually saying STARLIGHT.... this used to be a codeword for a medic a few years ago..other funny ones where the guy who issued your kit was call SEAGUL... the commander used to be called SUNRAY.....his second in commad was SUNRAY MINOR...and the troops, grunts...bullet stoppers whatever you want to call them were FOXHOUNDS... There are loads of others......
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6642|Cheshire. UK

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

At least we have the posh-est accents on BF2/SF whereas the French don't even feature. Thank God for that!
That's it! For the next expansion pack - the French - they could have 3 new abilities - eating cheese, surrendering and climbing trees.
You forgot to add chucking garlic instead of nades - ability number 4
NO NO not the french....I would never score another point...Too Many TKs!!
5.56HaleStorm
Gangsta Crizza
+10|6626|Sydney, Aus
Yeah, i heard the flags for the new and upcoming French Special Forces army were white

lol no, JK. I have nothing at all against the French or anyone of French descent.

EDIT: punctuation

Last edited by 5.56HaleStorm (2006-04-29 08:14:06)

joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6642|Cheshire. UK
just remembered another old codename used by the Brits...BOXWOOD...this was the Nuclear..Biological and Chemical warfare officer....quite appropriate really
VidSicious
+25|6818
I like the posh sounding Brit.  However, the one that never ceases to crack me up is the uber ghey Frenchie who says: "snipairrrrr".   If I play sniper against the SPAZNIKS I always put a claymore behind me so Mr. Snipairrrr does not creep up behind me with a jar of vaseline and try to make friends. 

Oh, and the victory theme song that always has me chair dancing is the Rebel Victory song.  Good stuff... good stuff.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6693|South Korea.
Oh but of course, you got to love Americans trying to be British.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard