jord
+2,382|6705|The North, beyond the wall.
So ya I'm going to be making a lot of changes to my life soon and they require a car really. Ideally it would be the following

Within 40 miles of the postcode "BB23JN" , no not my street you stalkers.

Under £1000, as under as possible really, the closer to £1000 the longer I have to work for.

Not require too much work, or any at all

Not require a £30k a year salary to insure.

I know a few of you are good at this sorta thing, so hook me up.

I was thinking of :

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww … egLetter=S

Yes/No?

Last edited by jord (2009-01-07 19:04:16)

TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|6008|Toronto
You looking for anything specific?

Auto/manual?

Sporty/big/comfy/fuel saver/easy to park/eco-friendly?

Big or small?

Body style?

You're gonna get owned on insurance though.
I like pie.
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6554|London (At Heart)

is BB21UT your postcode then?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6527|so randum
get a ford ka.

not joking.

the 1.3 is actually quick enough for backroads, from the lights and town/city use. it does struggle on the motorway tho.

sips fuel

is cheap(ish) to insure

is too basic to even break

handles like a go-kart

cons- looks like a toy. get it in black if you can.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
VicktorVauhn
+319|6419|Southern California
I don't know how much that is in real money...

But early 90s honda accord sedan with a 5 speed.
Cheap, reliable, room for friends, fun enough to help you learn how to handle a car better, good on gas, not too rare, insurance should be low, inconspicuous so cops don't fuck with you...

Last edited by VicktorVauhn (2009-01-07 20:14:03)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6708|Disaster Free Zone

FatherTed wrote:

get a ford ka.

not joking.

the 1.3 is actually quick enough for backroads, from the lights and town/city use. it does struggle on the motorway tho.

sips fuel

is cheap(ish) to insure

handles like a go-kart

https://www.wadesfordka.co.uk/images/vmods/ka%20pink.jpg
Hot!!!
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6527|so randum

VicktorVauhn wrote:

jord is 18 iirc.

over here if you're not 21 or above, insurance rapes you. hard, and violently.

basically most kids first cars end up being 5+ yr old hatchbacks (think fiesta, corsa, polo etc). added to that, fuel is still fucking expensive, so a small engine helps (1.6 or less) so that knocks out most sedans.

sux2beus
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6595|Mountains of NC

I'll pick you up and go cruisin

maybe
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
VicktorVauhn

FatherTed wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

jord is 18 iirc.

basically most kids first cars end up being 5+ yr old hatchbacks (think fiesta, corsa, polo etc). added to that, fuel is still fucking expensive, so a small engine helps (1.6 or less) so that knocks out most sedans.

sux2beus
Insurance may rape, but if thats true then he is gonna get raped... and accord will still be on the cheaper side.

ok they don't get .6 liter style 600mpg but they are only a 2 liter and will likely get north of 30... Your gas might be expensive but not so expensive that driving an accord is cost prohibitive...
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5729|College Park, MD
Insurance rapes hard and violently for under-25s in the US

Don't know why it's 25. I think that's the average age when insurance rates start dropping.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2009-01-07 20:25:20)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6527|so randum

VicktorVauhn wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

jord is 18 iirc.

sux2beus
Insurance may rape, but if thats true then he is gonna get raped... and accord will still be on the cheaper side.

ok they don't get .6 liter style 600mpg but they are only a 2 liter and will likely get north of 30... Your gas might be expensive but not so expensive that driving an accord is cost prohibitive...
I don't know many 18 year old's that can afford cars that size lol.

Jord going in the army i think, but all my uni mates are stuck in tiny hatchbacks, that a)cost fuck all to tax, and b)do about 45-60mpg.

I know what you mean, and in a fair world it would be true. Unfortunatly, the roads of GB aren't fair lol.

sad times
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
VicktorVauhn
Well... it sounds a lot like your country sucks...

Over here that is like the car you are bound to get stuck with as your first car because its so economical.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6466|King Of The Islands

FatherTed wrote:

get a ford ka.

not joking.

sips fuel

is cheap(ish) to insure

handles like a go-kart

Plus no-one will steal it.

Edit: Apparently that model of Astra is quite sex.

Last edited by Cheez (2009-01-07 20:39:28)

My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6799|PNW

How about a nice Aston Martin Rapide?
DaRkAcE
+6|6226

FatherTed wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

jord is 18 iirc.

sux2beus

Jord going in the army i think, but all my uni mates are stuck in tiny hatchbacks, that a)cost fuck all to tax, and b)do about 45-60mpg.

I know what you mean, and in a fair world it would be true. Unfortunatly, the roads of GB aren't fair lol.

sad times
I have an 83 Camaro z28 with a rebuilt 350 v8 in it..I'm 17 but ofcourse this being in the USA.
Slarty
+37|5992|Ingerland
Is it your first car? How old are you? Do you have any NCB?

If you're youngish with little or no NCB get something like the Ka suggested, or any other small engined town car. <1.4l engine and you'll get cheaper road tax (as long as it's a pre 01 car for the soon to be introduced road tax changes) and the insurance might actually cost less than the value of the car.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6256|NSW, Australia

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Insurance rapes hard and violently for under-25s in the US

Don't know why it's 25. I think that's the average age when insurance rates start dropping.
thats the same over here. especially if its a V8 or a turbocharged car

i dont really wanna comment much in this thread for jord, only because i know how gay it is to get a MOT and insurance. And its different over here in aus
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6659|Finland

The Vauxhall you're linking to in the OP is just about the same car I had a year and a half back. It was pretty much spot on the same car, except that it was an Opel, it had less mileage (60 000 km when I bought it, 99 000 when I sold it) and it was a '99. Remember the "Pimp my Astra"-thread?

Well, I have nothing bad to say about the car. The 1.6 litre engine is pretty asthmatic, but reliable and it has an even torque throughout the rev meter. I had it to the shop only once to replace the whatchammacallitdagdizzle exhaust recyclingthingy (Hey, I know what it's called in Finnish though ), but other than that it was a reliable work horse.

Didn't know Astra's were that cheap in the UK, I paid €9000 for mine in 2005.
I need around tree fiddy.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6393|California
ya insurance rapes people under 25 in US
I drive a 04 Toyota Camry and idk but my insurance rapes me in the butt since im 17 but I get the good student discount so im liek lolz
ghettoperson
+1,943|6676

Dude, you don't want a Disastra!
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6355

DrunkFace wrote:

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/MERCEDES-BENZ/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-12-62-240-4294967262/advert.action?R=200849324453594&distance=14&postcode=BB23JN&channel=CARS&make=MERCEDES-BENZ&model=&min_pr=&max_pr=1000&max_mileage=&vehicleYearOfManufacture=1990&vehicleRegLetter=H

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww … egLetter=N

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww … egLetter=R

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww … egLetter=N

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww … egLetter=P

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Have no idea about insurance....
WTF!!!! Those all seem so cheap! That bimmer is what like, $900 in U.S dollars?? A 96? 5-speed? 100,000 miles? I'd have to pay like, $2000+
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6157|Carnoustie MASSIF
My mate's a wiz when it comes to this. I'll speak to him the night for you. He bought a 2001 Ford Fiesta for £1000, the guy wanted £1500. Sold it a year later for £1250, with no tyres, and an empty tank of petrol. His first car was a Diesel Corsa from early 90's. Bought it with four new tyres, a full tank of fuel and 12 months tax+mot. Bought for £300. Sold for £350.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6712|Espoo, Finland
Can you get around the insurance rape if you get the car in your parents name?
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6766|Comber, Northern Ireland

FatherTed wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

jord is 18 iirc.

sux2beus

sad times
i have a new honda civic (red) tbh u have probs seen me in it up around queens too, im there every morning

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard