djmh1986
+0|6662|Gloucestershire
Hey guys , wondering if any of you can help on this one. i have paid for EF i have downloaded it , and installed it. so once doing this you would expect it to work fine. But i cant play single player, multiplayr or even create LAN servers. every time i try and play it comes up with this message:

Messagehandler_bp1mapnotauthorised

Any ideas on this one? , cheers
Octavarium
+1|6753
I *THINK* this might be that you have the wrong Gamespy account (BF2 name) set to Euro force.

You'll need to change it to whatever your BF2 player name is
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6887|Bryan/College Station, TX
Do this by changing it in the Account settings for the EA Downloader. Open the downloader and see about changing it there.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Badvock
Squishing Your Head
+1|6720|Bolton UK
I have the same error, however when i go into the downloader and click on the "edit gamespy nickname" I log into my account, I have the option to change nost detailsEXCEPT my username any pointers anyone?
djmh1986
+0|6662|Gloucestershire
Hey guys,  i have fixed the problem and i can say it really was a simple fix. I read the forums and found that all you need is a matching EA account to a Gamespy account.

this can be resolved by opeing the EA downloader then select euro forces. in the top right corner there should be the option to " edit gamespy nickname " click this and then simply change your gamespy name to your EA name.

this worked for me and now i can enjoy euro forces. thanks to the guys who posted the thread about this common problem. if it wernt for you guys i would still be stumped.

and for badvock , the option to change you gamespy nickname is under " download info " i dunno if you have tried that but it should work.

cheers

Last edited by djmh1986 (2006-03-15 07:56:18)

Octavarium
+1|6753
No probs mate, glad to hear your sorted.

I'm at work for another hour, then I'm going out for a meal so I can't try Euro Forces for ages!!! :-(
mucky
+0|6775|wiltshire

djmh1986 wrote:

Hey guys,  i have fixed the problem and i can say it really was a simple fix. I read the forums and found that all you need is a matching EA account to a Gamespy account.

this can be resolved by opeing the EA downloader then select euro forces. in the top right corner there should be the option to " edit gamespy nickname " click this and then simply change your gamespy name to your EA name.

this worked for me and now i can enjoy euro forces. thanks to the guys who posted the thread about this common problem. if it wernt for you guys i would still be stumped.

and for badvock , the option to change you gamespy nickname is under " download info " i dunno if you have tried that but it should work.

cheers
nice 1 m8 sorted mine out too

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard