Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6726|67.222.138.85
http://www.slashgear.com/australia-buil … k-2420330/

Now where do you plug in a kangaroo?

Really though, this is a great step. Build the infrastructure, and they will come. There are a lot of countries that could take a page out of their book.

+1 Australia
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6425|North Carolina
Agreed...  now if they'd just stop banning video games.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6741|Sydney, Australia
What. the. fuck?!

This is the first I've heard about anything. It's nowhere that I can see on www.news.com.au or www.smh.com.au.

Hell, I can't even find it here - http://www.agl.com.au/About/Media/Pages … mmary.aspx

EDIT: But apparently some guy was interviewed on the morning show "Today". Lols, I'll still say it will fail.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6172|what

The estimated deadline is the year 2012
That's great. It shows that they aren't just making a pipe dream of we hope to do this sometime in the future. Having a deadline is a good step to getting it done.

it was revealed yesterday that a US firm will be building an electric car charging network for them.
There's something in it for the US too so that's good. Shame that the company couldn't get more work in your own country though.

Flaming Maniac wrote:

+1 Australia
Just leave some in the AU Chat, mate.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6641|London, England
It's a start, but if you're going to start. Start with the power source first. I don't know how Aus generates it's electricity, but if it wants to go down a clean/sustainable/green route, they should start by making use of their massive Uranium reserves and the amount of sun energy the interior gets.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6431|'Murka

TheAussieReaper wrote:

it was revealed yesterday that a US firm will be building an electric car charging network for them.
There's something in it for the US too so that's good. Shame that the company couldn't get more work in your own country though.
We'll see what works and what doesn't in Australia. Then contract it out to an Australian company to put in ours.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6785|Cambridge (UK)
Go Australia.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6741|Sydney, Australia

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

It's a start, but if you're going to start. Start with the power source first. I don't know how Aus generates it's electricity, but if it wants to go down a clean/sustainable/green route, they should start by making use of their massive Uranium reserves and the amount of sun energy the interior gets.
A majority of power produced in New South Wales (the most populated state in Australia) is from coal, with some gas power. The Snowy Mountains Hydro Scheme provides peak load power to NSW and two other states.

The use of nuclear power was a large issue for the previous government. They wanted nuclear power. The current government doesn't.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6641|London, England

FEOS wrote:

TheAussieReaper wrote:

We'll see what works and what doesn't in Australia. Then contract it out to an Australian company to put in ours.
Who will, in turn, outsource customer service to India and manufacture everything in China

globalisation, doing it for the lulz since the late 20th century
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6694|Canberra, AUS
Good idea... but shouldn't they work on getting the power grid off coal first? As I said in the other thread, no use switching from petrol to coal.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6249|NSW, Australia

i still dont understand why the first place i hear of it is an american website...

edit- and i think its complete fail tbh, you dont see many electric cars around

Last edited by Nappy (2008-10-26 23:13:32)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6685|NT, like Mick Dundee

Turquoise wrote:

Um, one dude was responsible for that. One bastard.

We are allowed to watch ultra violent movies and see drug users every day on TV, in the news and on movies yet.........

If they wack morphine in a game for positive use, similar to the way DOCTORS ALL OVER THE FUCKING NATION USE IT THEY HAVE TO FUCKING CENSOR IT.

(yeah, I'm a bit pissed about it personally, I thought things were finally changing with regards to gaming and maturity... )
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6242|Brisneyland
Heres another good article on the topic

AGL wrote:

In support of the project, AGL will provide electricity from renewable sources to power the electric cars and enable Better Place to deliver sustainable transportation.
It looks like they are putting in the renewable energy plants to put clean power into the system. Electric cars are perfect for city use, the more stations like these are made, the more electric cars will appear.

Re- Fallout 3, Turq you really have to lay off Oz on this one. 6 out of 7 Attourney generals voted for a 18+ game classification. One did not, and unfortunately the vote must be unanimous. We hate it too. From what I heard the only difference was that Morphine was renamed to something else, no big deal right?
jamiecracker
+17|6767|Wollongong,Australia
they have just about finished building 8 new natural gas fired power plants around the place so coal is slowly being phased out...well to an extent
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6726|67.222.138.85
One of the biggest point about the Australian plan is that there are battery swapping stations, so you can switch out batteries on a long road trip without stopping to let them recharge. Really essential if anyone is going to consider an electric as their primary car.

Israel building an electric car network is like Denmark having Wi-Fi all over the country.

China is...well it's a bunch of damn commies, can't trust a thing they say.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6459|Brisbane, Australia

Burwhale the Avenger wrote:

Re- Fallout 3, Turq you really have to lay off Oz on this one. 6 out of 7 Attourney generals voted for a 18+ game classification. One did not, and unfortunately the vote must be unanimous. We hate it too. From what I heard the only difference was that Morphine was renamed to something else, no big deal right?
I still dont understand that...surely a democracy is the majority? Its not like a government is not elected because 1 person voted the other way...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6172|what

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

I still dont understand that...surely a democracy is the majority? Its not like a government is not elected because 1 person voted the other way...
The power of Veto. Most Democracy's have them.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6425|North Carolina

Flecco wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

If one guy can successfully censor your media against the will of the people, that's pretty scary....
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6168|'straya

Turquoise wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

If one guy can successfully censor your media against the will of the people, that's pretty scary....
Rupert Murdoch has been doing a pretty good job of that. glad we got him off our hands
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6685|NT, like Mick Dundee

Turquoise wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Err, he wasn't censoring, he just had a conservative and outdated attitude and so voted against an R18 rating being added to the classification system.

The result of that being Fallout didn't qualify. Still don't know why you are carrying on about it though, it's just a name that was changed. It's not like morphine featured in the original two Fallout games anyway.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6127|Birmingham, UK
Britain are doing this too apparantly.

We've spent One hundred million pounds on one hundred cars. Then they will give these cars to people in different areas and evaluate them.

I'll try and find an article.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard