TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5743|Vancouver, BC, Canada
Yup.

Exactly it.

They might not request the Transit directly, but they request the bank name, and they look up the transit as most people just don't know theirs.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6869|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Well, fuck. Just isn't working for me. I'll just go to the local bank sometime and see if I can SOMEHOW be able to use paypal.
TheDonkey
What's not working? Wrong number of digits?

I had a problem where I needed to add a couple Zero's to one end of the branch number.

If you have online banking, it might tell you your numbers.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
I do have online banking

AFAIK it would be

525-26-******
or
0525-26-******

Right? Without dashes maybe?
And am I supposed to register this number under credit/debit cards in paypal? Because the bank account thingy is apparently for US only...
TheDonkey
Your branch would be 0525
and your account would have no dashes.

It may also be possible that it won't work cuz you're not from North America, if I remember correctly, debit only registers in US and Canada
Sydney
2λчиэλ

TheDonkey wrote:

Your branch would be 0525
and your account would have no dashes.

It may also be possible that it won't work cuz you're not from North America, if I remember correctly, debit only registers in US and Canada
Typical...

Oh well, only 7 months until I turn 18...
jsnipy
+3,276|6548|...

sounds like you are already in the wrong mindset ... gg
Sydney
2λчиэλ

jsnipy wrote:

Me or kippy?
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5727|College Park, MD
What the hell kind of debit card doesn't have a card number?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Roc18
`
+655|5816|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
lol @ this thread.
jsnipy
+3,276|6548|...

Sydney wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Me or kippy?
the kip
Sydney
2λчиэλ

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

What the hell kind of debit card doesn't have a card number?
Has a number, but no security code.

Number gives me error in Paypal...
tuckergustav
+1,590|5939|...

hmmm...I love credit unions...if I go over what I have in my checking it draws out of savings...no charge!! yay. 

and...i have had a debit card before that let me go over...even without having overdraft protection...so it could happen.

edit: it has a visa or MC logo on it right?...'cuz I think that is the only way you can use it(or any other valid logo)

Last edited by tuckergustav (2008-09-24 15:13:21)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6733|67.222.138.85
Being happy about obtaining a little piece of plastic while not actually gaining any money is an interesting perspective...
Sydney
2λчиэλ

tuckergustav wrote:

hmmm...I love credit unions...if I go over what I have in my checking it draws out of savings...no charge!! yay. 

and...i have had a debit card before that let me go over...even without having overdraft protection...so it could happen.

edit: it has a visa or MC logo on it right?...'cuz I think that is the only way you can use it(or any other valid logo)
It has Maestro, which is some mastercard shizzle.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5939|...

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Being happy about obtaining a little piece of plastic while not actually gaining any money is an interesting perspective...
lol...I thought that when I got my first legitimate credit card...I got all excited and then I thought..oh wait...I am all excited about 1500 of potential debt. 

on a happy note...I just paid off all my credit cards...I am credit card debt free.  I think that is worth being happy about.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6697|UK
...ive never had credit card debt.  go me.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5727|College Park, MD

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

However, being happy about obtaining a little piece of plastic which, when used responsibly, can help build a record which in turn can get you better interest rates on loans and mortgages and such is also an interesting perspective.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
tuckergustav
+1,590|5939|...

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

However, being happy about obtaining a little piece of plastic which, when used responsibly, can help build a record which in turn can get you better interest rates on loans and mortgages and such is also an interesting perspective.
I don't think debit cards help in that department...correct me if I'm wrong though.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6739|Purplicious Wisconsin

Poseidon wrote:

Miggle wrote:

computer upgrades
Fixed

Edit: And by the way, can you use debit cards on subscription games and xbox live?

Last edited by War Man (2008-09-24 23:26:48)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Smithereener
+138|6341|California

tuckergustav wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I don't think debit cards help in that department...correct me if I'm wrong though.
Shouldn't, debit uses money that you actually have in your accounts.

Yeah, the novelty of having a debit card wears off really quickly, enjoy it while you can. Keying in a PIN number is pretty much easier than signing a check or whatever. Mucho better.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6733|67.222.138.85

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

AFAIK debit cards don't help your credit any more than a checking account (not very much) because the card just doesn't work if you have no money, there is no opportunity for you to royally fuck up and therefore no room to show responsibility.

There are other better ways to gain a good repertoire with your bank, but really the most important thing is your first loan. You get your parents to co-sign that, don't fuck it up, and then you have decent credit to build on.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6519|N. Ireland

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Actually, it tends to go the opposite way..
TheDonkey
You gain money but no plastic...?

srs...?
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6261|United Kingdom

TheDonkey wrote:

You gain money but no plastic...?

srs...?
rofl