No63%63% - 35
Total: 55
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6734|FUCK UBISOFT

Vilham wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Ty wrote:

I wish people would stop complaining about spending $50 on a game. That's fucking nothing!

It's more worth buying than a lot of other games. I don't think it quite lives up to the hype but it's still fun. I'm enjoying it.
most games aren't worth $50.
Clearly you don't actually pay for much out of your own pocket or you would realise that $50 for 20+ hours of entertainment is incredible value for money.
Actually, I pay for a lot out of my own pocket and wasting $50 on shitty games pisses me off.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6758|UK
Are you kidding me? You think this game is shitty?

How about dont get sucked in by all the hype and then get disappointed. Seriously the number of people who get suckered into hype is amazing.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6734|FUCK UBISOFT

Vilham wrote:

Are you kidding me? You think this game is shitty?

How about dont get sucked in by all the hype and then get disappointed. Seriously the number of people who get suckered into hype is amazing.
Um, I torrented it, because I wasn't expecting it to be great, and while space stage is sorta fun, I would hardly get $50 worth out of it, and it would piss me off forever when I couldn't afford something.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6758|UK
wait your bitching about the price even though you pirated the game?

how long have you played the game? how much does a dvd rental cost you where you live?
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6734|FUCK UBISOFT

Vilham wrote:

wait your bitching about the price even though you pirated the game?

how long have you played the game? how much does a dvd rental cost you where you live?
9 hours...

And I don't rent movies.

I wouldn't pay for spore, maybe if it was $20, but it isn't.

Especially with it's DRM.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6758|UK
do you calculate purchases on a entertainment value to cost ratio or you think the game sucks? which I really find hard to believe.

Spore cost me the same amount as 1 night out. and has already given me 4x the hours of entertainment each hour probably being half as fun as going out, so its still 2x more entertainment for my money than a night out. Seems like a pretty good purchase to me.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6734|FUCK UBISOFT

Vilham wrote:

do you calculate purchases on a entertainment value to cost ratio or you think the game sucks? which I really find hard to believe.

Spore cost me the same amount as 1 night out. and has already given me 4x the hours of entertainment each hour probably being half as fun as going out, so its still 2x more entertainment for my money than a night out. Seems like a pretty good purchase to me.
Good for you.

You don't seem to understand that people can have different taste. I found spore incredibly boring and a huge waste of money.

I'm happy I didn't buy it.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5742|شمال
Have not tried it. But I don't think I will/want.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6758|UK

Miggle wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Good for you.

You don't seem to understand that people can have different taste. I found spore incredibly boring and a huge waste of money.

I'm happy I didn't buy it.
Good for you.

You have bad taste.

If you don't like it, delete it and stop bitching that it bores you.

Also your third sentence doesn't actually make sense as you didn't actually buy the game so you can't talk in the present tense such that you wasted money on it.

Last edited by Vilham (2008-09-09 08:35:28)

SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5966|England

If i use Vilhams cost to entertainment ratio then spore really did suck,

£30 for not even 20 hours

whereas BF2, £30, 1000+ hours

although i do think i was sucked into the hype a little too much :''''O
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6758|UK

SamTheMan:D wrote:

If i use Vilhams cost to entertainment ratio then spore really did suck,

£30 for not even 20 hours

whereas BF2, £30, 1000+ hours

although i do think i was sucked into the hype a little too much :''''O
yeah but sam it doesnt work that way. BF2 is FAR above average, or are you telling me most things you buy for £30 give you 1000+ hours?

You need to think how much you pay for average entertainment, most games are around 8 hours, which is why I don't buy them and why I regret buying Bioshock as that took 4 hours to complete. Thats more expensive than the cinema and we all know how expensive cinema is in England.
Banned
+856|5966|England

true, but decent games i spend 50+ hours on them, even if they do take 8 hours to complete i always go back and play it again

wont be doing that with spore though
kptk92
u
+972|6400|tc_london
lol sam stop changing your opinion like the british weather
Christbane
+51|6226
I cant stand the look of it. the cartoon like graphics would make me want to puke.  looks like a chick game to me.  not to mention my GF said...   awww that looks like a cute game.
Banned
+856|5966|England

i only changed it once
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6758|UK

SamTheMan:D wrote:

true, but decent games i spend 50+ hours on them, even if they do take 8 hours to complete i always go back and play it again

wont be doing that with spore though
fair enough. i will though.

this games has its flaws, they should have added many more gameplay ideas that they didn't to beef out the gameplay, but considering space stage is fucking awesome ill definately be playing it some more.
kptk92
u
+972|6400|tc_london
well first it was neutral coz game wasnt out then it was OMG SPORE IZZ AWSMM M then u went spore sux

go back to css fgt
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6261

Vilham wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Ty wrote:

I wish people would stop complaining about spending $50 on a game. That's fucking nothing!

It's more worth buying than a lot of other games. I don't think it quite lives up to the hype but it's still fun. I'm enjoying it.
Clearly you don't actually pay for much out of your own pocket or you would realise that $50 for 20+ hours of entertainment is incredible value for money.

Especially considering most games are around 8 hours of gameplay and cost even more than that.
Thats why the only games I buy these days are either very cheap (oddworld pack on Steam), or well worth the money (Orange Box). Not bought a £40 game since I found out how much cheaper they were in the US. About 3 years. Except GTA 4 which I thought would be worth the money . So that means almost no console games at all. They're too much and you get very little out of them.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-09-09 08:46:01)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
People who raced to 'complete' SPORE or fly through all the sections of the game completely missed the point of the game, and it's a pity that they foolishly come here to whine about how it wasn't "worth the money" now. SPORE is a creative game, a sandbox game, a God-sim. The overall objective of the game isn't so much to conquer the entire Universe and then put your feet up- but more so to sculpt a race of creatures exactly how you want them, and then play through different gametypes and different stages of their evolution to your heart's content. People were bragging on this Forum that they were entering the Space stage within 4 hours... well? Congratulations, you're not the same people that whine this game is boring and lacks longevity after totalling 8 hours of gameplay.

I suggest starting over, creating a race and just enjoying the game. It's a casual-game - Maxis said themselves they wanted a game that a casual 'The Sims' player could fire-up and doodle on for 2 hours a week - and so hence playing it as if you're grinding through the ranks of Battlefield is the wrong approach. Ur doin it wrong. Take a more relaxed pace and don't be afraid to explore around and check out the periphery. Hell, you may even have some actual fun doing it!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6758|UK

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Miggle wrote:

Especially considering most games are around 8 hours of gameplay and cost even more than that.
Thats why the only games I buy these days are either very cheap (oddworld pack on Steam), or well worth the money (Orange Box). Not bought a £40 game since I found out how much cheaper they were in the US. About 3 years. Except GTA 4 which I thought would be worth the money . So that means almost no console games at all. They're too much and you get very little out of them.
Its a good principle to work on, I regularly buy cheapo games (£5 or less) as they normally give around 8 hours of entertainment simply because they are cheap and easy to make but have great gameplay or are old games that have been rereleased.

Ive only bought I think 4 new PC games this year. Each one being worth it tbh.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6335
So, would it be worth buying for my girlfriend?

She never played the sims, but I thought this creativity crap would be cool?!
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6452|UK
If your into that whole sandbox thing you might get some enjoyment out of it. However I doubt you would be still playing it after a year.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462

wah1188 wrote:

If your into that whole sandbox thing you might get some enjoyment out of it. However I doubt you would be still playing it after a year.
It's hard for an average Multiplayer game to hold ones' attention for a year, let alone a Single-Player sandbox game. I see SPORE as a casual laid-back game that's fun to fire up and tweak around whenever I'm bored or need to relax; SPORE is the stress-ball of games, the no-rush and no-competition immersive Universe you can start-up whenever you're feeling bored or frustrated of competitive FPS or timesink MMO's.

I'm keeping it installed on my system and I'm definitely keeping the game on my 'favourites' shelf because of this reason. People that rushed through the Storyline as if it would be a cinematic Half Life 2 / Crysis-type affair clearly didn't think about the game. It's a fun diversion, a sandbox, a creative tool, a funny little Sims-like getaway into the world of God-sim. Play it that way- I know I am, and I'm loving it!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6734|FUCK UBISOFT

Uzique wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

It's hard for an average Multiplayer game to hold ones' attention for a year, let alone a Single-Player sandbox game. I see SPORE as a casual laid-back game that's fun to fire up and tweak around whenever I'm bored or need to relax; SPORE is the stress-ball of games, the no-rush and no-competition immersive Universe you can start-up whenever you're feeling bored or frustrated of competitive FPS or timesink MMO's.

I'm keeping it installed on my system and I'm definitely keeping the game on my 'favourites' shelf because of this reason. People that rushed through the Storyline as if it would be a cinematic Half Life 2 / Crysis-type affair clearly didn't think about the game. It's a fun diversion, a sandbox, a creative tool, a funny little Sims-like getaway into the world of God-sim. Play it that way- I know I am, and I'm loving it!
is an occasional play worth $50?

I would say no.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6758|UK
An occasional play over year would equate to many many hours making $50 worth it?

I would say yes.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard