Poll

Something needs to change with artillery. Next patch should have...

A longer timer between usage.11%11% - 18
A limited number of uses per round.9%9% - 15
All the above.13%13% - 22
None of the above.65%65% - 104
Total: 159
elite3444
The other kid
+24|6680|USA

general_rookie wrote:

I kinda agree.  drop artillery, and give support class mortars.  maybe the commander could call in air strikes by planes instead.
r u going in from like the xbox version cause in there support has medics and mortars and engineers have AT weapons too
elite3444
The other kid
+24|6680|USA

DeadboyUSMC wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

DeadboyUSMC wrote:

As I have said before, be glad it doesn't have a sustained rate of fire as in the real world. Again, as I have said before, the splash damage should be increased and material penetration should be in effect for 155mm rounds. NOTHING on the battlefield can withstand that kind of heavy ordinance, believe me, I know.

Give arty better damage and a round selection!!!

Oorah killers.
Wanna play that way?
I want  my tank shells to hit a BH once and make a huge whole in it and see the chopper come crashing down. I want to see my pistol seriously wound a guy/ if not kill him when I shoot him ONCE in the chest. I want to see my .50 cal sniper bullet completely rip a guy's head off.
Your welcome to your own opinion bucko.
yep thats what it should be a pistol in chest like a sniper does same damage anywhere it should be harder in head then or heart then in the foot so a pistol should kill better in chest or head
Ogopogo15
Mobile AA Whore
+1|6782|San Diego
I think instead of having artillery,  they should have implemented the laser designator for squad leaders to send in a cruise missile.  Of course...that never made it into the game.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6801|06-01
leave the arty alone. its fine the way it is.
Hummeth
+4|6688|Wisconsin
c4 + Arty = no more arty
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6760|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
I agree...but my opinion is mostly based on the fact that no matter what I do, I have yet to actually survive an arty barrage.  In fact, the only warning I usually get is the first half of a whistling shell heading for my position before I find myself flying across the map.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6684|Your moms bedroom
if you dont like the arty, blow it up with c-4
Esker
+1|6770
Well in the next patch I hear they're replacing artillery with fluffy kittens, and instead of killing each other we're given knitting needles, some patterns and some wool.
shharpshhooter
+0|6676
i think artry can only be issued on a hostile enemy ONLY if there isnt a teammate in a certain radius of the enemys position.

ye i kno thats a good idia, you dont have to say it
theFightingSeabee
+0|6679
I think arty should have a set number of barrages, use 'em up, and you're done.
420JOKES
+-1|6684
all u have to do is have 6.1 surrond sound when I hear arty going off i move and watch the arty hit where i was standing and i laugh he just wasted arty what a nub
PFC_Kurtz_John
+0|6822|VA
Why must you all find something to bitch about. First it was the planes, then the bunny hopers, now its the arty. Just play the damn game and stop giving EA ideas to fuck it up.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6808|Toronto Canada
Fuck Arty
Esker
+1|6770
Well I for one want to see artillery replaced with fluffy kittens and knitting contests!
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6675|New Hampshire, USA
I like the artillery in bf2 and bfv.  A scout had give you a spot and then you blow the shit out them... but with skill!  It was alot funner and alot more realistic.  Nothing ebats when you got a good spot and take about 10 people out from so far away, you can't even hear the shells... ah... good times...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Mantlsman
+1|6689
i hate it when the arty strike is almost over, so you run out and the last dam shell lands right on top of you
DrunkFlea
+6|6684
I'm with you Eagle.  I liked the function of the Artillery in BFV much better.  Seems that the new version is something put in just so the commander can get kills.  Very unlikely that artillary would be in used RL once the troops have advanced.  In BF2 it never stops. 

Maybe something were the artillery can only be fired throught the request of a Squad Leader.  Disrupts good game play when there is fierce ground fight and the whole place lights up, sending both sides back to their spawn points.

Also, (not that it applies to artillery) I think the whole commander system sux.  A SAT scan should not determine on its own who is freind or foe.  This should be done only through the commander spotting.  Make the commander work a little, not just depend on the toys to find the enemy.  Another change would be to make the sniper class harder to locate through UAV/SAT.  Worthless to have all the cammo garb on while you shlep half across the map, sneaking into an obscure hiding spot, just to appear as a bright red dot like everyone else.

Sorry for straying from the main topic here.
Zefar
+116|6693|Sweden
Somehow it just feels like the commanders can launch their arty about every 15-20 sec or something which I find DAMN anoying. Because it happen to land on me about 50% of the time and I get killed by the first or the last sharpnel >.< Also most of the time I'm ONLY one getting killed by it.

So put a longer delay on it because it's to much spamming with it imo.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard