Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6485
It seems as if there are way to many extreme scores, I don't think that many games deserve 10s and I also don't think that many games deserve 1s. Hardly anyone is giving out 4s, 5s, and 6s.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6554|Long Island, New York

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

It seems as if there are way to many extreme scores, I don't think that many games deserve 10s and I also don't think that many games deserve 1s. Hardly anyone is giving out 4s, 5s, and 6s.
That only games I gave 10's truly deserved it. Garry's Mod I think is the only arguable one, but I still defend giving it a 10.
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6302|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
WiC - 9
CoH - 9.3
Sins of a Solar Empire - 8.7
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6485

Poseidon wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

That only games I gave 10's truly deserved it. Garry's Mod I think is the only arguable one, but I still defend giving it a 10.
Well GMod is the only game I would ever consider calling perfect , even though it's bugginess prevents me from doing so. This does however show that if you're going to give something a score, it ought be out of 100, not 10 as out of 10 is to vague, to general.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6783|UK

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Well GMod is the only game I would ever consider calling perfect , even though it's bugginess prevents me from doing so. This does however show that if you're going to give something a score, it ought be out of 100, not 10 as out of 10 is to vague, to general.
Dungeon keeper 2 is the best game ever. But thats just my opinion. If you look at the reviews with lots ratings then you know its a more accurate score where as you know if theres only 1 rating you know that the score is just the opinion of one person.

Last edited by Vilham (2008-08-20 06:17:17)

Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6485

Vilham wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Dungeon keeper 2 is the best game ever. But thats just my opinion. If you look at the reviews with lots ratings then you know its a more accurate score where as you know if theres only 1 rating you know that the score is just the opinion of one person.
But the problem is you have people giving games ridiculously low scores just because they don't like the game's gameplay or people who hand out ridiculously high scores to games that are less than prefect.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Vilham wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

But the problem is you have people giving games ridiculously low scores just because they don't like the game's gameplay or people who hand out ridiculously high scores to games that are less than prefect.
Exactly. I don't care how bad you hate Bioshock, it doesn't fucking deserve to be on the bottom of the list.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6755|Toronto | Canada

I forgot one:

RED ALERT 2 - 10
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5949|CA
Half Life 2 - 7.5
Battlefield 2 - 9.3
Battlefield 2: Special Forces - 8.3
Battlefield 2142 - 8.2
Company of Heroes - 8.8
Call of Duty 4 - 8.6
Age of Empires 3 - 7.0
Dungeon Siege 2 - 7.4
Counter Strike: Source - 6.6
World of Warcraft - gay
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6470|The Twilight Zone
Test Drive Unlimited 9/10
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6783|UK

Poseidon wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Exactly. I don't care how bad you hate Bioshock, it doesn't fucking deserve to be on the bottom of the list.
dunno bout that... Out of the games up there that I have played Bioshock IS the worst, seeing as I haven't played some of the others for all I know they could be better than Bioshock.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Vilham wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

dunno bout that... Out of the games up there that I have played Bioshock IS the worst, seeing as I haven't played some of the others for all I know they could be better than Bioshock.
You obviously didn't understand what Docta said then. I'm not going to get into a debate as to why Bioshock IS a good game, but you're not getting what Docta's trying to say.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6783|UK
You do realise how reviews work? They are based on opinion. Obviously a game scores low if it isn't liked in a certain area.

Im amazed neither of you realise that.
All-I-C-Z-Rage
Formerly r'Eeee
+4|5763
Big Rigs 10/10
David.P
Banned
+649|6290
Game     Score
Half-Life                           10(Perfect!)
Half-Life 2                         6.0
Team Fortress 2                 7.5(If we were doing this 10 months earlier I would've given it a 10)
Battlefield 2                       8
Portal                               7
Call of Duty 4                    8
Crysis                               4
Counter Strike: Source      5
Bioshock                          5
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6490|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
Battlefield 2 -                     8.5
Battlefield 2142 -                7.5
Call of Duty 4 -                  9
Crysis -                             9
Sins of a Solar Empire -      8
Grid -                                8
C&C3 -                             7
Age of Conan -                  7.5
Bioshock -                        7.5
Medieval 2 Total War -       9.5
Rome Total War -              9.5
Company of Heroes -        9.8
WIC -                              7.5
Gears of war -                  8
STALKER -                       7.5
Dirt -                              8
Universe at war -             6.5
Supreme Commander -    8.5
Unreal Tournament 3 -     7.5
Team Fortress 2 -            8
Half Life 2 -                     9

I have a load more games so i name just a few.

Last edited by ELITE-UK (2008-08-20 10:07:18)

Thoruz
+42|6342|Germany
Half Life - 10
Half Life 2 - 9
HL2 EP1 - 8
HL2 EP2 - 8
Portal - 9
Red Faction - 7.5
TES4 Oblivion - 7
Battlefield 2 - 7
Battlefield 2142 - 8
Baldur's Gate + ToSC - 10
Baldur's Gate 2 + ToB - 10
Icewind Dale - 7
C&C3 - 7
Diablo 2 - 7
FEAR - 6
GTA 3 - 8.5
GTA VC - 8
GTA SA - 8.5
Neverwinter Nights - 6
Neverwinter Nights 2 - 7.5
Starwars Knights of the Old Republic - 8.5
Starwars Knights of the Old Republic II - 6
Halo - 7.5
1701 A.D. - 7.5
Sacred - 6.5
Quake 4 - 6
Deus Ex - 8
Deus Ex 2 - 5
Starwars Republic Commando - 5.5
Freelancer - 7.5
X3 - Reunion - 7.5
Half Life Opposing Force - 7.5
Half Life Blue Shift - 6.5
Flatout 2 - 7
Grid - 7.5
Assassin's Creed - 8
Stalker - 8
Swat 4 - 6.5
Area 51 - 6
Homeworld - 7
Homeworld Cataclysm - 5
Homeworld 2 - 8
Total Overdose - 6.5
Dungeon Siege - 6
Dungeon Siege 2 - 6.5
Star Trek Voyager Elite Force - 7.5
Star Trek Voyager Elite Force II - 5
Starwars Empire at War - 6
Gun - 5

Played all of them and have enough memory to rate them
Even if you don't include them all in your list i'd like to see the Baldur's Gate series in there
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6758|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

You obviously didn't understand what Docta said then. I'm not going to get into a debate as to why Bioshock IS a good game, but you're not getting what Docta's trying to say.
Vilham has the right to an opinion, it may be different from yours, but that doesn't make it wrong.

Bioshock isn't the worst up there in my opinion, but It was much worse than System Shock 2, and it's definitely not one I would give a good review for.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Vilham has the right to an opinion, it may be different from yours, but that doesn't make it wrong.

Bioshock isn't the worst up there in my opinion, but It was much worse than System Shock 2, and it's definitely not one I would give a good review for.
I'm not saying he doesn't, Miggle. Thanks.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6758|FUCK UBISOFT

Poseidon wrote:

In Vilham's opinion it does.

Vilham wrote:

You guys give perfect 10s and 9s far too easily.
Vilham was the first to complain about people giving extreme scores.

Last edited by Miggle (2008-08-20 12:19:00)

https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5878
Half Life 2: Episode 2 : 8.5
Team Fortress 2 : 9
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas : 9
Half Life 2: 9.5
Day of Defeat: Source : 8.5
Portal: 8
Counter Strike: Source: 8
Call of Duty 4 : 9.5
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Miggle wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

In Vilham's opinion it does.
And that's why "reviews" shouldn't be based on one person.

Hell, actually, Vilham gave a fair score. A 6 for a game he doesn't really like is pretty fair.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-08-20 12:18:33)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina

Poseidon wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Vilham wrote:

And Crysis is a piece of shit.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
^^^ I think that's exactly what Docta was getting at.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina

Poseidon wrote:

^^^ I think that's exactly what Docta was getting at.
I don't know why you get all upset coz one guy thinks Crysis sucks.  The game looks incredible, but it's boring to hell.  The story is crap in SP and the MP sucks big time.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard