']['error.V2
Om nom nom nom
+48|5831
So here's the deal: I'm looking for an nice LCD-tv for in my room. I prefer 32", cheap but with good specs for it's price. HD-ready is enough, I don't need full HD. After some looking around, and a drive to the local huge electronic store (mediamarkt), I've narrowed down two choices for around the same price:

1. LG 32LG3000. link to specs
Featureset
De TV heeft veel features::
- 32inch / 81.3cm
- HD Ready (1366x768)
- Helderheid van 500 CD
- Contrastverhouding 15.000:1 (dynamic)
- 5ms response time (gray to gray)
- Onzichtbare speakers (komt het design ten goede)
- 3x HDMI v1.3 aansluiting
- 2x SCART aansluiting
- Component (Y,Pb,Pr) input + Audio
- RGB in (D-Sub 15pin) - PC aansluiting
- Handige en lichte afstandsbediening
- Draaiende tafel poot

2. Samsung LE32A330. Can't find it on the website of samsung :S

echnische specificaties
- LE-32A330:- Breedbeeld 
- Beelddiagonaal: 32 inch, 81 cm
- Dynamisch contrast: 7500 :1
- Resolutie: 1366 x 768 pixels - HD-ready 
- On Screen Display  - Ontvangstnorm: PAL, SECAM
- Teletekst: 1000 pagina's in geheugen- Muziekvermogen: 20 watt
- Energieverbruik: 180 watt
- Aansluitingen:Scart-ingang: 1 Componentingang, 2 HDMI-ingangen, VGA
- Afmetingen:- 53,1 x 87,4 x 8,1 cm (HxBxD)- 57,7 x 87,4 x 29,1 cm (HxBxD) incl. Voet
- Gewicht:- 13,4 kg Kleur:- Zwart

Both will cost around €450-500.

So BF2S, enlight me! Which one should I take? In the elektronicstore they were right next to eachother, and the imagequality of both is good. I'm leaning more towards the LG: better specs. Reviews look positive. Samsung is a good brand for monitors and LCD's, but I can't seem to find that TV on their website :S. Is that a bad sign?

karma for help
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6510|N. Ireland
They are both very reputable brands for TVs, but because they are the same price and the LG one has slightly better specs (haven't taken a look at them, I'll take your word for it) then I'd go for the LG one. Colour quality on most LG LCDs is pretty excellent.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6470|The Twilight Zone
I'm very happy with the quality of my Samsung LCD TV/monitors.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
']['error.V2
Om nom nom nom
+48|5831
so the score for LG vs Samsung is 1 - 1.

I'll take a good look at the reviews and specs again tomorrow, I think I'll order the LG, but we'll see
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6711|The Ville
You can't go wrong with Samsung but I've never owned a tv from them, just computer monitors.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6477|UK
I would definatfly say samsung. They are meant to produce the best lcd's on the market.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6566|UK

I have had samsung LCDs for my last three turn overs (and looking at another for a monitor), they really are exceptional.  However, so are LG's.  When comparing contrast, it's kind of meaningless, there isnt an industry standard they adhere to, as such the likes of pioneer simply stoped quoting contrast ratios as someone might claim 10,000 where another says 15,000.

If you cant go look at them in a store, I would probably say samsung based on my experiences with them xD

Martyn
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6737|Scotland

']['error.V2 wrote:

- Draaiende tafel poot
wat?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6555|Long Island, New York
I've got a 32" Sharp Aquos LCD TV and love it. 32" is absolutely perfect for a personal LCD TV or even a family TV.

Samsung, I would only imagine, is the way to go. I've got one of their monitors and I'm very happy with it.
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6690|A sunburnt country
I have a 32" LG LCD in the bedroom and a 52" Plasma in the living room.  Both are awsm but I love my 52" Panasonic, especially when it's hooked up to my PS3.

What is the difference between full HD and HD ready?
All-I-C-Z-Rage
Formerly r'Eeee
+4|5764
HD Ready is 720p
Full HD is 1080p
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6690|A sunburnt country

All-I-C-Z-Rage wrote:

HD Ready is 720p
Full HD is 1080p
Thanks for the info Rage.

To the OP, get full HD if you can afford it.
seb--morin
Im high
+152|6657|Montréal, Québec
Well i would say to go with a Full HD tv because its a good resolution even for a couples of years... And for the brand i have A sharp aquos and its a very nice tv, samsung and sony are also pretty good ones...
']['error.V2
Om nom nom nom
+48|5831
So you guys say: Go for the samsung. But should I really go for the samsung? The LG has better specs .
.Sup
be nice

']['error.V2 wrote:

So you guys say: Go for the samsung. But should I really go for the samsung? The LG has better specs .
Specs don't mean as much as you might think they do. When i was buying an LCD TV I was ready to buy a Sony but then this Samsung (which I now own) was above it and the Samsung raped Sony in picture. I tried adjusting the picture on the Sony but Samsung was still better.
Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6303|eng

']['error.V2 wrote:

Personally, I would always go for the LG.
#rekt
']['error.V2
Om nom nom nom
+48|5831
Ok I've been to the shop again. The LG one seems to be just a little bit darker. But that may be the cause of more collors? The LG has 15000:1 and the samsung 7500:1 contrast.
']['error.V2
Om nom nom nom
+48|5831
6-2, Ok I think I'm going to order the samsung.
']['error.V2
Om nom nom nom
+48|5831

Airwolf wrote:

']['error.V2 wrote:

- Draaiende tafel poot
wat?
- Handy leightweight remote control
- screen can be rotated on base.
']['error.V2
Om nom nom nom
+48|5831
Ok I've been to the shop again: the two TV's were still next to eachother and after some long looking at the screens I came to the conclusion that the LG has just slightly better collor (just a little). The LG also has better specs, so I've ordered the LG ! It'll be here in 2-3 days .
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6755|The Hague, Netherlands

']['error.V2 wrote:

Ok I've been to the shop again: the two TV's were still next to eachother and after some long looking at the screens I came to the conclusion that the LG has just slightly better collor (just a little). The LG also has better specs, so I've ordered the LG ! It'll be here in 2-3 days .
the way they show you the tv's in the shop isn't very accurate..

I don't know what you receive at your home...

(cable etc?)

only thing my tv could get me a atm was with Blu Ray... since we still suck a big cock when it comes to HD Channels. (we as in Dutchy Land)
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
.Sup
be nice
Have you tuned both TVs or left it at their default settings when you were watching?
']['error.V2
Om nom nom nom
+48|5831

.Sup wrote:

Have you tuned both TVs or left it at their default settings when you were watching?
Both were in "tv watching" modus, so not on "gaming" or something. Default settings I think.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard