xxCaptainBlackxx
♥♦♣♠♥♦♣
+47|6684|internet
I been messing with localization files and saw these 2 lines

HUD_HUD_SQUAD_JOIN_DENIED     Your request to join §0#SQUADNAME#§1 squad has been denied
HUD_HUD_SQUAD_JOIN_ACCEPTED   Your request to join §0#SQUADNAME#§1 squad has been accepted

Is there something that i'm missing? can you actually request to join a locked squad?
TunaMan
Mouse-Pilot
+29|5824|Israel
Hmmm, yeh, I've been wondering about the same thing.
When I am the squad leader and I lock the squad, I sometimes get a little messege telling me "Request to join squad timeout" or something like that...
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6352

There's several things in the localization files that have been left out of the game. That's probably one of them.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6189|San Antonio, Texas
In Project Reality, clicking to Join a locked squad gives me a localization message saying the Squad Leader has been contacted you want in. Either they don't want me in, or the SL doesn't see this invisible message. In vanilla, I don't get that message.

It'd be a nice feature, shame it was left in limbo, as it is in-game, but not functioning.
Miniman7474
Banned.
+30|6239|Daqing Oilfields?
I remember seeing this during the 2 weeks that I modded the shit out of my locals, trying everything looking at every line of code. This stood out to me as well. In fact, I had a glitch about a week ago where I got a message that said I have requested to join xxxxx squad. Was one of those weird glitches you get, but I thought it was funny and reminded of another thing they left out.
signa
~~~~~
+50|6769|Michigan, USA
Before EA started patching bf2, if a squad was locked and someone clicked on join squad it would send a message to the squad leader saying xx would like to join your squad.  If he hit yes, it would auto accept and put you in the squad.   that feature still works in the BF2 demo.
Weflect
wut?
+30|5971|Finland
You can also find this in localization files

Congratulations on making squad leader

§0#PLAYERNAME#§1 has been denied access to your squad

§0#PLAYERNAME#§1 has asked to join your squad

§0#SQUADNAME#§1 squad is private, a request to join has been sent to the squadleader

You have received a call for a target

Use Fire to shoot at laserpainted target

Press and hold your '§C1001#GIVoipUseLeaderChannel#§C1001' key to talk to the Commander and other Squad Leaders

The L1-NU5 laser painter is the latest in laser targeting weapon technology. It is capable of transmitting target coordinates in even the worst of weather conditions.

Last edited by Weflect (2008-08-09 09:08:28)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6606|England

Weflect wrote:

Press and hold your '§C1001#GIVoipUseLeaderChannel#§C1001' key to talk to the Commander and other Squad Leaders

The L1-NU5 laser painter is the latest in laser targeting weapon technology. It is capable of transmitting target coordinates in even the worst of weather conditions.
You mean this>

https://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/81dd66e617467114588ac25deda74f900e412f42.png

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6540|so randum

Snake wrote:

Weflect wrote:

You mean this>

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/ … 412f42.png

SOFLAM?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Weflect
wut?
+30|5971|Finland

Snake wrote:

Weflect wrote:

You mean this>

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/ … 412f42.png

MEC Spec op does still carry it. Also its still (unfinished) in the gamefiles

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard