Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6772

OK, I don't know how this is going to go down, but here are some things Ive Noticed on these forums.....

-There are More Threads Being Locked Than ever.
-There are never any post in the right section. Instead of good,clean talk and storys from BF2, we have more stupid posts than ever. I see countless threads on Whining which should be in Complain.
-FFS a Ridiculous thread on Mandy Moore Playing BF2 Has got more replys than 18 of the 21 Featured Posts.
MANDY MOORE FFS!!!!

Thats Not To Say that there arent the flashes of brilliance that appeared when I first came here.
Paranoids Pics, polarbearz and his Guide to Being a Tard. All great.

I dont know if its just me, but I cant be bothered responding to posts lately, because most of them are just irrelevant. I find that instead of having  a search of the forums and Then checking the clan stuff, I now just skip straight to the Clans, and I have yet to have 1 recruit, I am sorry to say.

I hope that you all take this into consideration when you post. Keep this site as a source of fun and knowledge, not as a site for mindless idiotic posting.

Cheers,

Jestar12345

P.S. I am in No way insulting anyone involved with the monitoring and/or creator of this site.
Also, I think chuy should create a forum about stat padding.

Last edited by Jestar12345 (2006-03-02 21:50:57)

theCrusifix
+4|6696|Marshall, IL
Bro, I feel you. What it comes down to, is people starting threads exactly like this, did you use the search for "smacktards".  Your definatly not helping matters much, but besides the fact of that, The Mods need to delete threads instead of lock them, and constantly monitor the forums it only takes about 10 min a day to go and delete the threads that they seem fit to delete. and i'm sure there are a few mods so if one or two miss a day i'm sure another will pick up the slack, its just piss poor management!

Sorry to insult this thread, however i cant count the times i have read a new thread about how the forums are starting to suck and blah blah blah, something you just posted about, in other words you just did what you said you were tired of.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6806|Noizyland

Valid comment, but I find it strange that you posted this in the wrong section.

I see a lot of random comments - a lot made by me - that kind of bring down the integrity of these forums, but most people who leave them - excepting me - quickly get bored and go on to other things.

Also, we may be running out of things to talk about. Look over old threads though - the oldest of the old. It can be kind of interesting to start those back up. Most of the regulars here - excepting me - are all good people who often have very valid things to say.

Don't loose faith! We arn't lost yet!

Still, we must try to keep up the brilliance that keep these forums so cool - except if you're me.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6759|Madrid, Spain
Since I first entered this forum, I had no doubt : it was the best bf2 community. I like to check the forum every day, we have serious fun and good ppl here, really. Of course, plenty of noobs posting same thing again and again need to use the search, but since I knew you, my friends, I am happier than before.
keep it up!
Also UBAR and stats are just amazing, just as the wiki section, the feature posts. So much work from admins... what can I say? You guys deserve the expert bf2 forum badge
If I ever posted in the wrong section (maybe once or twice), well sorry. I do use the search also.
I think most of you know me by now, I am the guy with the most hacked sig here LOL, and the one who love the bf2s name twister game
cya on the battlefield. Cheers.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6879|"Frisco"

theCrusifix wrote:

The Mods need to delete threads instead of lock them, and constantly monitor the forums it only takes about 10 min a day to go and delete the threads that they seem fit to delete.
Ok, so first off you completely contradict yourself, quite plainly within as little as 10 words.

"Constantly monitor the forums" ... "10 minutes a day"

I'll say no more on that contradiction, but instead focus on the "10 minutes a day": You obviously have no idea how much work it is.

Go to the Forums homepage.
Please scroll down.
Keep going, there's a lot of these pesky subforums...
There, near the bottom, see those numbers?

Yeah, over 200,000 POSTS. I'd like to see you read the hundreds of posts that appear EVERY DAY (in 10 minutes, mind you), determine if it's "valid" or not, and do that for months on end.

The absurdity of that assumption astounds me. Bah!

As a side note, threads are often locked instead of deleted simply to get the message across that "hey, you're shit's not cool". I may add a mod feature to delete, and PM a reason, but I have other forum tools to add first
Octavarium
+1|6742
Rather than expecting mods to sort things out all the time, how about people think before posting instead....

Read it back to yourself "would I be p*****d off if someone else posted that?
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6782
HAHA deleted!!

now that is monitoring for YA!
[RSN]FSK.nor
+16|6700
If your post wount make a difference, don't post it.
theCrusifix
+4|6696|Marshall, IL

chuyskywalker wrote:

theCrusifix wrote:

The Mods need to delete threads instead of lock them, and constantly monitor the forums it only takes about 10 min a day to go and delete the threads that they seem fit to delete.
Ok, so first off you completely contradict yourself, quite plainly within as little as 10 words.

I'll say no more on that contradiction, but instead focus on the "10 minutes a day": You obviously have no idea how much work it is.

Please scroll down.

Yeah, over 200,000 POSTS. I'd like to see you read the hundreds of posts that appear EVERY DAY (in 10 minutes, mind you), determine if it's "valid" or not, and do that for months on end.

As a side note, threads are often locked instead of deleted simply to get the message across that "hey, you're shit's not cool". I may add a mod feature to delete, and PM a reason, but I have other forum tools to add first
OK, first off, what i meant by constantly monitor is spending 10 min a day ACTUALLY going through the threads not just reading and posting comments. IF all the mods did this, 10 MIN A DAY, durring different times of the day, I call that CONSTANTLY MONITORING!

ALSO, yes 200,000 posts are alot, Go to www.deathball.net/ under the section notpron on the forums, YES MILLIONS of MEMBERS and we (yes i was a mod) HAD, yes thats right HAD problems like this till we all worked togeather for about 2 days to clean everything up, Meanging deleting all the rerun threads about the same thing, kept the stickies about Important things and had an warning that people that constantly posted rude comments everywere that they would get an IP ban. you might only see around 70,000 posts but thats only because they "constantly monitor the site" But trust me on all the CRAP that is posted there on a daily basis with over 7,000,000 people have visited the forums for help on some of the riddles. Man i wish you could have seen those forums before we did surgury on it.

Your site/forum is the best BF2 community that i have found. However it is turning to "shit" because of all the SPAM/HATE that i see on a regular basis. All i meant on my previous post was that you could shut alot of peope up by not putting up with it. When they get a warning about it. and they do it again, BAN. simple as that.

I believe that you should have a MOD feature that will allow them to delete posts/threads.
I have many many hours as working as a MOD on one of the BIGGEST forums out there. I only give you this advice to help you out and you call me out with saying "I DONT KNOW WHAT I"M DOING" and constant work on a site is "OBSCURE!"?  Just trying to help you people out and i get HATE along with it....Seems as if NOBODY here likes constructive critisizm and I see why alot of other people spam threads against one another, i just got it from the SITE ADMIN! You sound/talk like a smart man, next time read/comprehend what i say in my posts, no matter how bad my english skills may be.

*EDIT* Google for "theCrusifix" see what you come up with.....not sure what that gang thing is though i thought this was a one of a kind name...

Last edited by theCrusifix (2006-03-03 06:41:53)

paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6771

Jestar12345 wrote:

Thats Not To Say that there arent the flashes of brilliance that appeared when I first came here.
I'm welling up here *sniff*
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6765|cairns australia

paranoid101 wrote:

Jestar12345 wrote:

I'm welling up here *sniff*
well you have provided us with many good laughs.i second that(although i wonder about bearz after reading that msn thread )
we are lucky to have this site and forums,yes they are abused by some and misused by others but overall its worth putting up with idiots and the like for all the good stuff.the mods try hard and there are enough unofficial mods willing to point out the errors of someones ways.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6820|Singapore

ZOMG. I get a special mention

*wipes a tear and hugs your leg*
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6879|San Francisco

theCrusifix wrote:

next time read/comprehend what i say in my posts, no matter how bad my english skills may be.
LMAO... okay, next time we will all try and pretend to understand exactly what it is you mean despite the fact that you failed to write it out properly... our bad.

We appreciate criticism, hell Chuy and I went to an art school and got critiques all the time, I for one enjoy it since it ultimately makes my shit better. However, the mods and staff here all have *lives* and despite what you say it would take a lot more than ten minutes a day per mod to clean up these forums.

There will be some changes in the future, a list of specific rules to adhere to, some changes to the powers of mods, hopefully these things will help. I've seen rule lists on a few other very clean forums that I am thinking about borrowing and enforcing as I would really love to see these forums be a little bit more informative and mature than they have become.

Also, about deleting threads, personally I feel that keeping the thread closed is the better option that way if someone wants to post something similar (and happens to actually search) then they will find the closed thread and realize that that topic has been covered and is now complete. On the other hand, if we constantly delete anything that we think should be stopped then we will only see more like threads that will require deletion in the future.
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6868|Finland
How about just everyone on these forums copies the bottom part of voodoochilds sig into their own?
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6879|-

theCrusifix wrote:

chuyskywalker wrote:

theCrusifix wrote:

Please scroll down.

OK, first off, what i meant by constantly monitor is spending 10 min a day ACTUALLY going through the threads not just reading and posting comments. IF all the mods did this, 10 MIN A DAY, durring different times of the day, I call that CONSTANTLY MONITORING!

ALSO, yes 200,000 posts are alot, Go to www.deathball.net/ under the section notpron on the forums, YES MILLIONS of MEMBERS and we (yes i was a mod) HAD, yes thats right HAD problems like this till we all worked togeather for about 2 days to clean everything up, Meanging deleting all the rerun threads about the same thing, kept the stickies about Important things and had an warning that people that constantly posted rude comments everywere that they would get an IP ban. you might only see around 70,000 posts but thats only because they "constantly monitor the site" But trust me on all the CRAP that is posted there on a daily basis with over 7,000,000 people have visited the forums for help on some of the riddles. Man i wish you could have seen those forums before we did surgury on it.

Your site/forum is the best BF2 community that i have found. However it is turning to "shit" because of all the SPAM/HATE that i see on a regular basis. All i meant on my previous post was that you could shut alot of peope up by not putting up with it. When they get a warning about it. and they do it again, BAN. simple as that.

I believe that you should have a MOD feature that will allow them to delete posts/threads.
I have many many hours as working as a MOD on one of the BIGGEST forums out there. I only give you this advice to help you out and you call me out with saying "I DONT KNOW WHAT I"M DOING" and constant work on a site is "OBSCURE!"?  Just trying to help you people out and i get HATE along with it....Seems as if NOBODY here likes constructive critisizm and I see why alot of other people spam threads against one another, i just got it from the SITE ADMIN! You sound/talk like a smart man, next time read/comprehend what i say in my posts, no matter how bad my english skills may be.

*EDIT* Google for "theCrusifix" see what you come up with.....not sure what that gang thing is though i thought this was a one of a kind name...
Please don't tell us how to run our forums kthx
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6705|Canada Eh?
Enemy Boat Spotted
theCrusifix
+4|6696|Marshall, IL
Guys, i'm not in any way telling you how to run the forums, I am mearly giving pointers if you want them. You might take into consideration that I have ran huge forums before, and you may not, all i was giving was constructive critisizm and i got flamed for it. (thats what i took it as so i'm sorry) And believe me i know that the forums are not gonna run smoothly without you mods. I like the idea of the rules. ALOT. If you need help with doing work i'll gladly put in some time. But there are like 159 pages of threads....

What we did at notpr0n was post a thread about let use "uav" and kept one. then one about beeing a commander, keep it locked. if someone wants to search about commander they can read all they need to as long as all info in in there. they can post a thread if they need info on something they could not read somewhere. then the MOD adds that info into the "locked thread" for future reference! If someone posts a new thread about something they just found move it to a thread called GLITCHES. or if its a new booster pack question add it to that thread and so on. read, respond, delete. but give it a day, just one day for them to respond and let others give there advice and so on as long as they got the info they wanted that they could not find in the search... JUST AN IDEA, to help you mods out on saving time monitoring the forums...thats why i say it should only take 10 min a day from each of you

with respect to you guys, theCrusifix
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6820|Singapore

Stfu trig you nazi

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6696|NT, like Mick Dundee

Well, I just want to say good job to all the mods... A section on stat padders/hackers/cheaters would get rid of alot of the "problems" he is talkin about. Me, I just dont read threads that dont interest me. Simple.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6772

polarbearz wrote:

ZOMG. I get a special mention

*wipes a tear and hugs your leg*
****Jestar In An Act of God Grants Bearz a Cookie****
Rosse_modest
+76|6807|Antwerp, Flanders
They're not slowly losing brilliance.
They already lost it, at warp 9.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6875|Bryan/College Station, TX
I still support the "Trash" bin section to move Trash threads and posts to.

Also I wish there was an option to remove a single "reply" from a thread. So many good threads are trashed because of the unwanted addition of failed abortion's reply. The ability to remove just that single vomited reply would be invaluable.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6800|Human Meat Shield
Mandy Moore plays BF2??!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard