Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6420|North Carolina

lowing wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

Damn Canadians, I hate them about as much as I hate black people and Muslims.
I generally like Canadians, or at least, I prefer the direction they've been going in as of late (as compared to our direction).
Welllllllllllll, I think they dress funny and talk kinda funny with that "eh" shit they are always saying. Besides they like black people and Muslims up there.
From what I understand, they don't have many black people, so they probably mostly only meet the nice ones.  If they were as black as Detroit, they would probably have a different view of black people.  I know I'll probably get flamed for saying that, but seriously, when you look at most highly black areas in America, there tends to be a lot of crime (and a lot of poverty).  There are obvious reasons for this, but it's worth noting these things when looking at the black population of Canada.

A lot of black people in Canada are descended from those who escaped slavery in the American South.  They went all the way up to Canada because of the prejudice they still dealt with in the North.  For the most part, Canada's history of black relations is better than ours.  They still had their problems, but there weren't nearly as many lynchings that went on up there.  Slavery also ended in Canada in 1820, if I'm not mistaken, so they had several decades longer to adapt to racial equality.

A lot of other black people in Canada are directly from Africa, and since Canada's immigration policies are generally stricter than ours, they typically receive more educated Africans than we do.  This helps the assimilation process along considerably.  Educated people are less likely to commit crime and more likely to adapt to the social norms of the country they've immigrated to.

As for Muslims, Canada would seem to have some of the same problems Britain has in not standing up enough to the more extremist elements in the Islamic community.  Most Canadian Muslims are no different from ours, but they have the occasional loud-mouthed extremist idiot who pushes for Sharia Law.  Canadians aren't typically an aggressive type of people (except in the hockey rink), so they're not quite as good at calling out the Islamic extremists among them as we are with ours.  Granted, a lot of our success at this probably has to do with our own extremist Christian elements.
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6213

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

I generally like Canadians, or at least, I prefer the direction they've been going in as of late (as compared to our direction).
Welllllllllllll, I think they dress funny and talk kinda funny with that "eh" shit they are always saying. Besides they like black people and Muslims up there.
From what I understand, they don't have many black people, so they probably mostly only meet the nice ones.  If they were as black as Detroit, they would probably have a different view of black people.  I know I'll probably get flamed for saying that, but seriously, when you look at most highly black areas in America, there tends to be a lot of crime (and a lot of poverty).  There are obvious reasons for this, but it's worth noting these things when looking at the black population of Canada.

A lot of black people in Canada are descended from those who escaped slavery in the American South.  They went all the way up to Canada because of the prejudice they still dealt with in the North.  For the most part, Canada's history of black relations is better than ours.  They still had their problems, but there weren't nearly as many lynchings that went on up there.  Slavery also ended in Canada in 1820, if I'm not mistaken, so they had several decades longer to adapt to racial equality.

A lot of other black people in Canada are directly from Africa, and since Canada's immigration policies are generally stricter than ours, they typically receive more educated Africans than we do.  This helps the assimilation process along considerably.  Educated people are less likely to commit crime and more likely to adapt to the social norms of the country they've immigrated to.

As for Muslims, Canada would seem to have some of the same problems Britain has in not standing up enough to the more extremist elements in the Islamic community.  Most Canadian Muslims are no different from ours, but they have the occasional loud-mouthed extremist idiot who pushes for Sharia Law.  Canadians aren't typically an aggressive type of people (except in the hockey rink), so they're not quite as good at calling out the Islamic extremists among them as we are with ours.  Granted, a lot of our success at this probably has to do with our own extremist Christian elements.
Good analysis.. right on the spot..  Since i'm living in Montreal, most of our black community are from Haiti, a french speaking country. We do have some problems with gangs but it is nothing compare to our problems with bikers (Hells Angels etc.)  Most bikers are now in jail and the cops are now targetting the gangs pretty hard.

Another factor i think is our climate.. When more than half of the year we are under 10 feets of snow, people stay at home and crime is down.  When it's summer time, people want to enjoy it and don't want to cause problems.

I never hear about muslims here.. we had an iman who was a little bit too extremists but he got deported.  Our muslim community is very respectful of our laws and they don't try to impose any type of muslim law.. they are even learning french to mix up with us.. 

And we do not dress funny.. see as an example one of our singer:

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6426|'Murka

PureFodder wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Good. Now maybe someone else can start doing the heavy lifting in the ME peace process.
like, say, the Germans?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle … 504194.stm
What does that have to do with the Palestinians?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
FEOS
+1,182|6426|'Murka

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Because the US has been doing that how, exactly?
Oh, you're right. Because other countries have had fuckall to do with trying to bring the Israelis and Palestinians to the peace table over the past 15 years?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6478|Tyne & Wear, England

Vilham wrote:

ZombieVampire! wrote:

We tried that already.  They were just the same.
To be fair to the British Empire they did bring prosperity to very large parts of the world.

As well as killing a few natives which seems to be all the americans are doing atm.
And it was the 'Age of Empires'.  Everyone would have done it if given the chance, we just happened to be the best at it.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
PureFodder
+225|6300

FEOS wrote:

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Because the US has been doing that how, exactly?
Oh, you're right. Because other countries have had fuckall to do with trying to bring the Israelis and Palestinians to the peace table over the past 15 years?
Hezbollah and Israel are obviously in no way connected to the Palestians.....
FEOS
+1,182|6426|'Murka

?

Did you mix up posts?
― Albert Einstein

PureFodder
+225|6300

FEOS wrote:

?

Did you mix up posts?
Yeah, I was aiming for the 'what has this got to do with Palestinians' post.
The_Mac
+96|6240

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

I am a whiny little bitch who has no idea what he's talking about!
Well...some sense out of you at last!
FEOS
+1,182|6426|'Murka

PureFodder wrote:

FEOS wrote:

?

Did you mix up posts?
That's what I figured. Hezbollah stopped giving a shit about the Pals a long time ago.
― Albert Einstein

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6121|eXtreme to the maX
Hezbollah never cared much about the Palestinians, they are a Lebanese militia raised to defend Lebanon.

Good for Gordon Brown for once, daring to say the truth.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
PureFodder
+225|6300

FEOS wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

FEOS wrote:

?

Did you mix up posts?
That's what I figured. Hezbollah stopped giving a shit about the Pals a long time ago.
They don't seem interested in responding possitively in the Pals best interest, but they do tend to react violently to agression against the Pals, hence they are still a related group.
FEOS
+1,182|6426|'Murka

PureFodder wrote:

FEOS wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

They don't seem interested in responding possitively in the Pals best interest, but they do tend to react violently to agression against the Pals, hence they are still a related group.
Only when it suits their interests, not out of any altruism on their part.

If HB really gave half a shit about the Pals, they would focus their civic efforts on helping those in the refugee camps. But then again, the same could be said for the governments of all the region surrounding Israel that decry the treatment of the Pals in Israel but overlook the treatment of the Pals in their own countries.
― Albert Einstein

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6121|eXtreme to the maX
If HB really gave half a shit about the Pals, they would focus their civic efforts on helping those in the refugee camps. But then again, the same could be said for the governments of all the region surrounding Israel that decry the treatment of the Pals in Israel but overlook the treatment of the Pals in their own countries.
Or they could do their best to return the 'Israelies' to Germany and Russia and the refugees to their homes.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
ZombieVampire!
The Gecko
+69|5842

Vilham wrote:

ZombieVampire! wrote:

To be fair to the British Empire they did bring prosperity to very large parts of the world.

As well as killing a few natives which seems to be all the americans are doing atm.
Really?  Like where?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6596|SE London

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Vilham wrote:

ZombieVampire! wrote:

Really?  Like where?
Rhodesia, though that's gone tits up recently (not that recently) - through no fault of ours, really.
Australia, New Zealand, Canada.

Not many examples though. Mostly we just fucked people over.

FEOS wrote:

Good. Now maybe someone else can start doing the heavy lifting in the ME peace process.
We were the ones who started off doing all the work in Palestine. The Jewish terrorists kept on bombing us for a few decades, so we gave up and pissed off home.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard