stratozyck
+35|6675
I've been watching the NBA playoffs, and I also like to watch Family Guy reruns and such.  All of these are on TBS.  I hated Bill Engvall before, but I could easily avoid watching him.  But now, on TBS they run ads for his stupid show CONSTANTLY.  THE MAN IS NOT FUNNY IN THE SLIGHTEST.  He's worse than not funny.  He makes Jeff Foxworthy look talented. 

From the many, many clips I've seen of the show, the acting is ATROCIOUS, the jokes are at BEST recycled.  To make matters worse, TBS's new motto is "Very Funny" so after every ad for the show, Bill Engvall says, "Very Funny."  Its like they think if they repeat it enough, it will become true. 

When I first saw the Blue Collar "Comedy" Tour (quotes are mine...) I thought, "wow this is so unfunny the only upside is none of these guys will have a career after this."  It hasn't happened, Engvall has a show and Larry the Cable Guy is still somehow making money. 

Anyone else sick of these no talent ass monkeys?  Does anyone know how in the hell anyone let any of these people get even NEAR a microphone?? 

If for some reason you laugh at Bill Engvall's show, your an idiot.  Yes.  I will call a complete stranger an idiot.  It's like saying your an avid fan of Who Wants to be a Millionaire - your admitting to the world that you are an idiot.  I once had a best friend that liked Everyone Loves Raymond, and I called him an idiot.  We're not friends anymore.  I won't be friends with idiots.

Last edited by stratozyck (2008-06-04 22:55:02)

CommieChipmunk
+488|6613|Portland, OR, USA
Ironic Google ad is ironic
Zilla
Killa of threads
+122|6685|7th level of hell

LULZ, the looks like Chuy disagrees with you...
https://img391.imageshack.us/img391/4785/54598751pr0.jpg

edit: damn you commie! at least I provided visuals!

Last edited by Zilla (2008-06-04 15:37:51)

CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6811|Tenn
maybe u have no sense of humor. i admit his show is in poor taste. but blue collar is funny. i dont care who ya are ...
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6355

Zilla wrote:

LULZ, the looks like Chuy disagrees with you...
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/4785/54598751pr0.jpg

edit: damn you commie! at least I provided visuals!
SealXo
+309|6579
The tyler perry commerical is the most annoying how many times can i watch a bunch of fat black guys dancing and giggling
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6523|Somewhere else

Yeah, he isn't very funny.  Became that good ole country boy loyal family man that's easy to digest.  I hate Nickelback, but they're popular.  I guess it's just certai ntastes for certain people.

Hell "everybody loves raymond" was on for almost a decade but "Arrested Development" last BARELY 3 seasons, I still can't figure that one out .

I have given up on trying to figure things like this out.
firebolt5
+114|6198

stratozyck wrote:

If for some reason you laugh at Bill Engvall's show, your and idiot.
wut
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6190|Texas
They're still on tv because there's a lot of rednecks in america that think that craps hilarious.
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5975|CA
I have never seen the show nor a commercial advertising it.  Having said that, I feel that I can fairly safely come to two conclusions about this post:

1.  You are correct.  Bill Engvall sucks the sweat from dead camel balls.
2.  Bill Engvall is 10x funnier, 100x richer and sucks 5x less dead camel ball sweat than you.

Take your prozac then find a worthy cause or don't watch.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6611|Mountains of NC

I prefer Ron White ......... but when I watching Family Guy last nite and some ad for Engvall showed up ..... I didn't care but they had the ad pause Family Guy right in the middle of a epic joke

well after that ole Bill can kiss my ass
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
-Gunsmoke-
+165|6678|South Jersey
Get a fucking life.  You decided not to be friends with someone because they watched a TV show you didn't like?  It is you that must be stopped.  From ever opening your mouth again.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|6008|London, England

SEREMAKER wrote:

I prefer Ron White ......... but when I watching Family Guy last nite and some ad for Engvall showed up ..... I didn't care but they had the ad pause Family Guy right in the middle of a epic joke

Family guy is vile but Ron white is the best blue collar comedian by far.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Wallpaper
+303|6037|The pool
I havent seen the show, but I did like the blue collar comedy tour

Its probably because youre afraid of rednecks.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Rednecks > you tbh
chittydog
less busy
+586|6878|Kubra, Damn it!

firebolt5 wrote:

stratozyck wrote:

If for some reason you laugh at Bill Engvall's show, your and idiot.
wut
Fixed your "wut". Though I agree, Blue Collar "Comedy" is extremely unfunny.
CloakedStarship
+76|6608
Those bastards actually decided that they could shove more commercials into their already jam packed schedule by PAUSING episodes of family guy and having Bill Engvall walk out and try to be cool.  I never thought TV ads could get any worse, but no, now they actually interrupt parts of the show that weren't even engineered for commercial breaks.

And i agree with the OP, Bill Engvall is not funny.

I'm gonna go watch some fresh prince to forget about all of this.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6611|Mountains of NC

CloakedStarship wrote:

Those bastards actually decided that they could shove more commercials into their already jam packed schedule by PAUSING episodes of family guy and having Bill Engvall walk out and try to be cool.  I never thought TV ads could get any worse, but no, now they actually interrupt parts of the show that weren't even engineered for commercial breaks.

I know how you feel. I was just sitting there on the couch enjoying a Family Guy episode where stewie trys to go to England for Happy Land or something and they flew over Rome and right when the dog was about to toss out a good joke that I've enjoyed in the past BOOM Bill pauses it and Now, this is a story all about how my life got flipped-turned upside down and I liked to take a minute just sit right there I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called bel air , yeah I went there bc well you know you mentioned it
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
stratozyck
+35|6675

SEREMAKER wrote:

CloakedStarship wrote:

I know how you feel. I was just sitting there on the couch enjoying a Family Guy episode where stewie trys to go to England for Happy Land or something and they flew over Rome and right when the dog was about to toss out a good joke that I've enjoyed in the past BOOM Bill pauses it and Now, this is a story all about how my life got flipped-turned upside down and I liked to take a minute just sit right there I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called bel air , yeah I went there bc well you know you mentioned it
EXACTLY!! I wouldn't care about the show at all if it weren't for the obsessive advertising. 

Blue Comedy sucks.  Ok, Ron White is the funniest, he has talent.  But the others??? C'MON!  I've watched over 100 comedians in my life.  A good comedian is worth his weight in gold.  But Bill Engvall????????? Seriously I've seen his jokes said by plenty of guys that have come before him.  They would be mildly amusing if it were the first time they were being said, but all he does is recycle. 

And yes, you can stop being friends with someone because they like Everyone Loves Raymond.  I left out a part of that - he hated Seinfeld and didn't think it was funny.  To me that said, "wow we don't see eye to eye on the important stuff."  Seinfeld isn't my fav all time, but it is 100x more original and funnier than Raymond.  And no, I will not be friends with someone that doesn't like Seinfeld. 

Anyone that likes the Blue Collar stuff, tell me, do you watch many comedians?  I've watched the standup on Comedy Central for 10+ years, and I've been to many stand up acts.  I can tell when someone is recycling jokes.  Bill Engvall is the world's biggest recycler (good for the environment I guess). 

My biggest beef against Raymond and Bill Engvall is that their jokes are tailored towards people that have normal families.  Raymond's biggest relationship in the show is with his mother.  I have no mother, why would I relate?  Bill Engvall mostly tells recycled family jokes.  Why would I laugh?  I'm a single guy that likes to drink and watch sports. 

I stopped being friends with that guy because his love for that show underlined how he can't relate to me.  It made me realize I need to find friends that can relate to where I come from. 

But seriously watch a few stand up acts and you'll see that Bill Engvall is no talent.  Jeff Foxworthy is a little bit above him, and Ron White really shouldn't be on the same tour because he can stand on his own.  I don't think he's hilarious, but he's definitely worthy of a career.
stratozyck
+35|6675
Yeah and thats hilarous about the ad, that made my life.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6435|Southern California

CTD-CaptainBuck wrote:

maybe u have no sense of humor. i admit his show is in poor taste. but blue collar is funny. i dont care who ya are ...
Its mostly really really cheap comedy...Its for people who have a sense of humor about as deep as an inflatable kiddy pool. Poor taste? are you kidding, he has a damn show on TBS.

Could be worse though, could be larry the cable guy.

Ron White is meh, semi funny...Jeff isn't really tbh, but he is classic as hell and you cannot take that away from him.

Could be worse....They could show Carlos Mencia Ned Holness instead.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6385|Atlanta, Georgia

SEREMAKER wrote:

I wasn't drunk in PUBLICKA! I was drunk in a BAR and they THREW ME into PUBLICKA!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard