Poll

[COD] Best Call of Duty Game (in all areas, PC only!)

Call of Duty 132%32% - 23
Call of Duty 218%18% - 13
Call of Duty 4--obviously!49%49% - 35
Total: 71
BigOrangeArmy
Don't tase me, bro!
+12|6019|Dallas
As most of you'all are mostly PC gamers (I assume), what do you think is the best COD game for PC so far? And yes, I know that Call of Duty 4 has the sexiest graphics but think about what you thought when you first played it. After all, the graphics for COD2 blew me away the first time I played it in 2005 .

I think that:

*Call of Duty 1 (and maybe COD4) has the best plotline. The characters were really believable and memorable. (have to say best COD moment ever was charging Red Square---the music sends shivers down my spine whenever I hear it .

*Call of Duty 2 and 4 have the best graphics when they first came out---blew the competition away.

*Heard the Call of Duty 4 music was good. COD 1 had some good music too. And as usual, the voicings for all three games were good.

*Multiplayer for Call of Duty 2 was superb. COD 4 multiplayer is good too, but Ive heard complaints that it got old after getting all the ranks and guns.

So what do you think was the best COD-PC game?
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6497|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
For me its a tie between COD1 and COD4
kptk92
u
+972|6431|tc_london
Nulled
chittydog
less busy
+586|6858|Kubra, Damn it!

ELITE-UK wrote:

Agreed. I think I liked COD4 more when I first got it, but I got tired of it after a couple of months. The only reason I left COD1 & UO was for BF2.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6677

CoD4... but that's because it's the only CoD game I've played.
aimless
+166|6148|Texas
Cod1 had the best multiplayer, which required the most skill.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6491
CoD was the most fun overall. Best presentation and best gameplay. Only thing that annoyed me was how the scoped weapons used different ammo than their unscoped counter parts. Also it had health packs.

Also UO added allot of cool shit to it like MGs and Rockets. The Vehicles were cool and stuff but they seemed more of a "let's be like Battlefield" addition and thus felt tacted-on.

Last edited by DoctaStrangelove (2008-05-23 15:41:51)

Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6414|fåking denmark
CoD4 is quite fun, and CoD2 just got bored very quickly..
Never played CoD1 before.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6698|Canberra, AUS
CoDUO was great. Like others, BF2 was the only thing that stopped me playing it.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6765|FUCK UBISOFT

Uo
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
CoD2 was best I think

Both single player and multiplayer
warhero1
Eon8 failure:O
+12|6471

aimless wrote:

Cod1 had the best multiplayer, which required the most skill.
Agreed.  IMO, the skill level required went down from CoD1->CoD2.

CoDUO was also a great game.  I still remember going on Foy on the various flak 88s and spawn killing with them from across the map..great fun!

Last edited by warhero1 (2008-05-23 22:19:55)

¦TØP¦straz_mataz
+49|6208
i have only played CoD4
MetaL*
Banned
+188|6180|Anaheim, Mexifornia
CoD 1 was amazing when I first played it I spent a fuckload of hours on that game online like 700+
Then Bf2 came along.

CoD 4 Was like meh, got old quick.

My vote goes for CoD 1.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6542|Adelaide, South Australia

UO is my favourite.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6619|Michigan, USA
COD4 Would be it for.

In all fairness I never played COD2, but based on the First and 4, I gotta give it to 4.  Cod4 is the only game ive ever played where the demo, made me yearn for the game.  The singleplayer was fantastic and had a great story, with a great plot line, and subtlely going on, I loved it.  That said it was far to short.  CODs story was a bit stagnant, as its simialr to the 10000 other WW2 games, and ive been there, done that.  COD was great no doubt, but the overdone story was just boring.  The and COD4 drew me in like no other game ive played.  Multiplayer be damn, I wished the singleplayer would have never ended.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6366
CoD 4, hands down. Never, and I mean NEVER, did I have the fortune of enjoying such a great plot presented so well. The definition of epic.

All had there moments, CoD´s was retaking Stalingrad, crossing the Wolga, getting shot at by stukas and shit, playing the bait for your sniper comrade.
CoD2, Rangers lead the way - Charging up Hill 400, busting bunkers along the way. "They got us zeroed in, what are we gonna do Sarge?" "I don´t know, I don´t know!" "LET´S GET THOSE BASTARDS!!!"
And of course " The boys of Pointe Du Hoc".

But CoD4, every mission you play you think "zOMG" that is so great! And the next one is even greater. Hello? A nuclear explosion and your right in the middle of it? DYING?! I had to take a break for 15 minutes to catch my breath the first time I played that.
I kept dreaming of CoD4 for at least a week. Just wouldn´t let me go. I still wanna bear IW´s children!
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6866|Reykjavík, Iceland.
CoD1 all the way.
weasel_thingo
+74|6349
CoD1 is fucking awesome
rarely play CoD2, not coz its bad, but because none of my friends have it
CoD4 is awesome, i just happened to get bored of FPS's lately, not the game though

i vote CoD1
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|6006|Perth, Australia
I'll throw in another vote for CoD 1 / UO. That game was teh sex.

Hated CoD 2 for the no health packs thing and the fact that i finished the single player hardly having to shoot anyone. I just kept running and meleeing the enemy, got old quickly. Didn't play much of the multiplayer because i didn't know anyone else with it.

CoD 4 was alright but the multiplayer didn't really grab me and the singleplayer was way too short.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6832|Marathon, Florida Keys
the first one was the best, the other 2 feel completely different.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5997|England

cod 2 > 1 > 4
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6765|FUCK UBISOFT

SamTheMan:D wrote:

cod 1 > 2 > 4
qft
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6572|UK

Miggle wrote:

SamTheMan:D wrote:

cod 1 > 4 > 2
qft
fixed
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6789|UK

ELITE-UK wrote:

Agreed although for me its COD1:UO and COD4.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard