Banned
+856|6023|England

i think the new camera angle is proper mint
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6502|The Twilight Zone

SamTheMan:D wrote:

First person view? Would be awesome imo. But they shouldn't leave out other views.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|6023|England

.Sup wrote:

First person view? Would be awesome imo. But they shouldn't leave out other views.
no when in cars
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6598|UK

.Sup wrote:

no when in cars
You on crack!  It was like being drunk before u even went near the bar lol!  It's alright I guess once you get used to it, I just remember first firing it up and thinkin, wtf is this?  I'd like the option of a centred view behind the car though or atleast, the camera remains in the same spot you put it relative to the car.

Martyn
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6759|Sweden

Poseidon wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

trackstarr wrote:

Your dreaming, they wouldn't exclude the 360 on the deal. The 360 could handle it, i mean look at fable 2 coming out and how massive that is going to be.
Fable 2's either gonna have some major compression or it'll be on multiple discs like Lost Odyssey. MGS4 supposedly maxes out the blu-ray capacity (50GB). Good luck getting that audio and visual quality under 10GB.
Yup. And there's no way any GTA series game is ever on more than 1 disc. It's not a linear game, it's a sandbox game.
Actually that´s not true, ever played some Final Fantasy games for playstation? i would consider them sandbox games as well but since you complete missions and the story moves on there could just be a cut <Insert Disc 2> which would allow more material to be added cause there´s no need to keep movie sequences and acomplished missions taking up space. But of course it´s very limited compared to blue ray.

Edit: I would like more customization clothes, cars, yada yada San Andreas style but allot more.

Last edited by madmurre (2008-05-19 14:50:48)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6815|UK

madmurre wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Fable 2's either gonna have some major compression or it'll be on multiple discs like Lost Odyssey. MGS4 supposedly maxes out the blu-ray capacity (50GB). Good luck getting that audio and visual quality under 10GB.
Yup. And there's no way any GTA series game is ever on more than 1 disc. It's not a linear game, it's a sandbox game.
Actually that´s not true, ever played some Final Fantasy games for playstation? i would consider them sandbox games as well but since you complete missions and the story moves on there could just be a cut <Insert Disc 2> which would allow more material to be added cause there´s no need to keep movie sequences and acomplished missions taking up space. But of course it´s very limited compared to blue ray.

Edit: I would like more customization clothes, cars, yada yada San Andreas style but allot more.
Final fantasy is not the same sandbox game as GTA, you cant have GTA with mutliple disks unless theres like 2 cities in the game that you can only fly between and that would be plain shit.

and you do realise programming the cut scenes/missions/etc take next to no space. Its the actual city that takes up the disk space.

Last edited by Vilham (2008-05-19 16:35:15)

HurricaИe
Banned
+877|6010|Washington DC

Mint Sauce wrote:

Set in somewhere like Houston, or Dallas.
Set it in DC pl0x. Going onto the White House grounds = instant 6 stars

And agreed on destructibility. I can knock lamp posts out of the fucking concrete yet I can't knock over trees? The invincible trees are by far the most annoying aspect of driving. It has plagued seemingly every GTA game. WHY ROCKSTAR WHY?!
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6373|New Haven, CT
Destructible environments, which then get repaired in real-time by construction crews. For example, if you blow a hole in a building with an RPG, you can come back a day later and see guys working on it (and steal their dump trucks).

National Guard with tanks is a necessity.

Airplanes would be nice, as would a greater variety of helicopters.

Basically, create a fuller game. Its obvious the core gameplay doesn't need much tweaking.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6587|Long Island, New York

HurricaИe wrote:

Mint Sauce wrote:

Set in somewhere like Houston, or Dallas.
Set it in DC pl0x. Going onto the White House grounds = instant 6 stars

And agreed on destructibility. I can knock lamp posts out of the fucking concrete yet I can't knock over trees? The invincible trees are by far the most annoying aspect of driving. It has plagued seemingly every GTA game. WHY ROCKSTAR WHY?!
What about the indestructible bus stops? In San Andreas you could destroy them.
Reciprocity
+721|6630|the dank(super) side of Oregon
As other's have said, the crappiness of the 360, will probably stunt the game.  Disc loading will ruin the flow of the game and M$ will never allow a game that requires their customers to spend additional money on an external blu-ray player. 

And how exactly is the 360 next gen much less real competition for the PS3?

This will become a major issue in the coming years.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6606|Brisbane, Aus

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

San Andreas + IV

Best points of both, combined.

*pants explosion*
True that

bring back tier 3 weapons, and the gyms so you can change combat style..

push is fine.. but it's not GTA unless it's massive strength cheat + kick style jump kick
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6587|Long Island, New York

Reciprocity wrote:

As other's have said, the crappiness of the 360, will probably stunt the game.  Disc loading will ruin the flow of the game and M$ will never allow a game that requires their customers to spend additional money on an external blu-ray player. 

And how exactly is the 360 next gen much less real competition for the PS3?

This will become a major issue in the coming years.
The 360 itself is not crappy, so don't turn this into a console war. However, the DVD drive compared to the Blu-Ray drive IS.
kptk92
u
+972|6457|tc_london
iPod/MP3/Personal Radio so you can listen while on foot
Hope_is_lost117
Psy squad
+49|6045|Belgium

kptk92 wrote:

iPod/MP3/Personal Radio so you can listen while on foot
That would be awesome and isn't hard to program I hope ...
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6759|Sweden

Vilham wrote:

madmurre wrote:

Final fantasy is not the same sandbox game as GTA, you cant have GTA with mutliple disks unless theres like 2 cities in the game that you can only fly between and that would be plain shit.

and you do realise programming the cut scenes/missions/etc take next to no space. Its the actual city that takes up the disk space.
My bad i was out in the blue i guess, really thought those things took major space.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6617|Mountains of NC

a flashlight

or you can buy add-ons to your weapons ... ie flashlight for pistol/rifle/shotgun
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6530|Purdue

SEREMAKER wrote:

a flashlight

or you can buy add-ons to your weapons ... ie flashlight for pistol/rifle/shotgun
Yea that would be pretty cool. Grenade launcher on my combat pistol plawks
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6181|Carnoustie, Scotland
Bring it to the UK.

Would be like Getaway then..

my what a shit game.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6272|Escea

Funky_Finny wrote:

Bring it to the UK.

my what a shit game.
The police chase would be like Clarkson described 'A Vauxhall Vectra chasing a BMX up the M25'
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|6023|England

Funky_Finny wrote:

Bring it to the UK.

my what a shit game.
are you insane

getaway one was so fuckin mint

especially marks version
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6758|th3 unkn0wn
GTA V - Greater London. It's about fucking time R* did London in 3D.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6815|UK

madmurre wrote:

Vilham wrote:

madmurre wrote:

My bad i was out in the blue i guess, really thought those things took major space.
nah, but it was with FF7, the cutscenes in that werent made ingame they were actually prerendered and use much higher poly counts than ingame, the file size for those sequences probably took up the majority of disk space.
Hurlin
+5|6824|Australia

HurricaИe wrote:

and as pos said more places to eat. It's fucking annoying when I've got a sliver of health left after getting run over by some asshole, and I have to drive from one end of town to another just to heal.
I don't play the game but my housemate is a fanboy fanatic.

Every time he gets seriously low health he just picks up a hooker and fucks her.

That fixes any of his health issues.
Tr0n.
+7|6028|Seattle/Ellensburg, WA
Seat belts. Takes an extra second to get driving but you won't fly through the wind shield in a crash. Replays and editor similar to the Driver series, those were pretty good.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard