jord
+2,382|6709|The North, beyond the wall.
VIENNA, Austria – Police have found a woman missing since 1984, who told authorities that her father had kept her in a cellar for almost 24 years and that she had given birth to seven children after being repeatedly raped by him.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7369851.stm

I'm not making a point on how fucked up the world is or anything. I'm just pulling a Blademaster and posting news first for the recognition.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6478|Chicago, IL
I just saw that on comcast home...

This is the second or third incest story to come out in the last month, WTF humanity?

on that note, how did one 70some year old man manage to keep seven people captive?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6524|N. Ireland
A new meaning for the words 'uber incest' ...
CC-Marley
+407|6859
sad
maef
+67|6714|Tulln, Austria
What, is this shit starting to become common now?
First that Kampusch case and now this. How many more women are locked up in sick fuck's basements all over the country?

On another note: Like any other criminal, this guy has the right to a fair trial. Is that even possible?
How could you expect anyone to really get into the case and defend defend this monster?
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6583|Scotland
Good job I'm not in charge.

Hang him live on TV at 10pm.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6321|Éire
Look out Belgium...Austria is gunning for your creepiest country in Europe title!
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6580|EUtopia | Austria

Braddock wrote:

Look out Belgium...Austria is gunning for your creepiest country in Europe title!
Oh yeah, we've got the cellars of doom.

Seriously, even though that was probably meant in some ironic way, I'm pretty amazed about press reports all over the world.
Austria, again? Are we that sick?
Not really, however, it's quite amazing that so many of those cases have been of public interest. Especially since the Kampusch hype, it seems that people have found out how to feed the press. I wouldn't want to know what happens in others countries' cellars that's not made public.

About the trial for this man, I wouldn't want to be his lawyer, honestly. Then again, there isn't probably an appropriate punishment for him. He's old, imprisoning him for more than 20 years means that he'll for sure end up dead in prison. And I'm not giving him any chances to survive more than 5 years in jail anyway.
On the other hand, he's gone quite mental, so imprisoning might not even be legal anyway. I'm wondering, do such people get a 'therapy'?

I know of another sick story, where a mother literally chopped her two boys apart with an axe while they were sleeping. Not that these two crimes were comparable in any way, but the delinquents are. People would never have guessed both to ever be capable of doing something like this. Especially in the case of the two boys (who went to my school), not a single teacher knew (apparently, everything else would be kinda sad) about their mother being that wicked.
Said mother thought she'd redeem her children with that act, completely unaware of what she really was doing. Yet, she hasn't understood what she did after years, and she probably never will. Where's the sense in working therapeutically with her and in that way probably driving her into deep depressions and perhaps suicide? Such people should rather be locked up, but not in a prison.

Mm, yeah, whatever,
with kind regards,
Stormscythe
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5992|Places 'n such
http://www.orange.co.uk/news/topstories … icle=index

"He faces up to 15 years in prison if charged"

Doesn't quite seem harsh enough...

"rape charges, the most grave of his alleged offences"

So you mean that rape is a more serious offence than murder?

Hang the bastard
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6580|EUtopia | Austria

presidentsheep wrote:

http://www.orange.co.uk/news/topstories/25588.htm?linkfrom=hp4&link=ticker_pos_1_link_1&article=index

"He faces up to 15 years in prison if charged"

Doesn't quite seem harsh enough...

"rape charges, the most grave of his alleged offences"

So you mean that rape is a more serious offence than murder?

Hang the bastard
Whether he has killed that one child of hers or not has yet to be found out. Right now, rape is the most grave of his alleged offences.
He's a bastard, yes, but hanging him will lead nowhere - at this age, there's no punishment that'd be severe enough.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6586
Be fair - his daughter was an absolute ride, who wouldn't...?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard