Poll

If a Tyranical Regime Took Over Your Country...

I'd try to be a law-abiding citizen4%4% - 3
I'd get out of the country21%21% - 16
I'd hide in the wilderness where there is freedom!10%10% - 8
I'd fight for freedom!63%63% - 47
Total: 74
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6818|PNW

It would be hard to say what would happen in the US's case. The military would certainly undergo an inner purge in favor of one side or the other, and I can imagine that many southern and western states would try to split. The problem is that martial force here is a bit modular...

Besides which, not all of our 'kooks' would be dumb enough to fight back with a frontal assault, and a good deal of them actually have military training.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-04-26 16:20:29)

FallenMorgan
+53|5960|Glendale, CA

pierro wrote:

Am I the only one who noticed he's equated the PRC with Nazi Germany and Oceania?
The PRC isn't as bad as the other two.  I mean for example, anything from the PRC to Ocenia.

Anyways - I said it best in one of my blogs:

Listen buddy, if you try to conquer this country, I’ll stand at the gates of freaking Los Angeles with a shotgun and a 2×4 with nails sticking out of it, along with the rest of the free people of America. We are a plural nation dipshit, so go to Saudi Arabia.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6539|N. Ireland

HurricaИe wrote:

Mixture of the last 2. Hide in the woods with the various gun-toters in nearby Virginia. Get the Army and USMC units around here to help us out. Then... we strike.

Or we can make like General MacArthur and leave the US, saying we will return. We then make a huge fuckin' force and come back.
lol - "Hurricane Warfare"
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6514
Get the hell out of there.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6575|Global Command

rammunition wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

rammunition wrote:

fight for the freedom of my country, look at Iraq and the militia groups who have taken up arms against this ILLEGAL war to fight for their country.
You do know you're an absolute muppet?

For people to listen to you, be fair and balenced - Not some permanantly biased idiot.
FatherTed, what would you do if the saudi's ILLEGALLY invaded Britain????

sit on your arse and get bombed by the looks of it.  i would pick up a gun and fight for my country until they are gone, simple as that. Its common sense you twat
I don't see this guy posting here for long.
herrr_smity
+156|6674|space command ur anus
freeeedooommmm
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6752

rammunition wrote:

fight for the freedom of my country, look at Iraq and the militia groups who have taken up arms against this ILLEGAL war to fight for their country.
You don't know what you are talking about and you sound like a fool.  do yourself a favor and Stop posting.
FallenMorgan
+53|5960|Glendale, CA

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

rammunition wrote:

You don't know what you are talking about and you sound like a fool.  do yourself a favor and Stop posting.
Agreed.  The militia are not fighting for freedom, their fighting for a fundamentalist tyrannical dictatorship run by Mullahs and Imams rather than politicians.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6617|USA
question: how can a war be illegal? feel free to answer rammunition.

i'd fight back, but i'd be smart about it. little acts of subterfuge here and there.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6761|US
Follow Mao's plan...except not institute a communist/totalitarian dictatorship at the end...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6647|132 and Bush

I'd be chilling in the wilderness with my five buddies while the dipshit "freedom fighters" killed each other off.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
FallenMorgan
+53|5960|Glendale, CA
I guess it would be a mix of the two.  Hide in the wilderness and from there launch geurilla warfare.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6601
I'd do a Guevara.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6887|Cologne, Germany

dunno, really. if we are talking about our own government turning tyrannical, as has been said, those changes don't happen overnight, so I'd fight it politically before it happens.
if it happens anyway, my decision would depend on the question wether there is a realistic chance of leading a successful guerilla war against the government and have a revolution. If a revolution is the will of the people, then it will happen, and I'd probaby be part of it.
On the other hand, if the people didn't do anything to stop the government from turning tyrannical in the first place, it is rather unlikely that they'd engage in a guerilla war immediately.
The whole scenario is a bit constructed.

Honestly though, if the country I was living in went down a road that I didn't approve of, and there was no chance for political change, I'd probably pack my bags and leave for good.

It's always easy to say that one would fight for freedom until the death if you don't actually have to do it...
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6721|Canberra, AUS
Get out.

Best option. The line between bravery and stupidity is thin.

Barring that, non-violent dissent is the best option for me.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
thepilot91
+64|6282|Åland!
fight for mother country!...if you already have lost everything why not do all in your power to help your fellow citizens...
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6336|Éire
I keep myself in fighting fit condition at all times because you never know when the Brits might have another go! I'll be ready and waiting with a gun and a pack of sandwiches.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6647|132 and Bush

Braddock wrote:

I keep myself in fighting fit condition at all times because you never know when the Brits might have another go! I'll be ready and waiting with a gun and a pack of sandwiches.
If you beat their ass bad enough the first time you don't have to worry about another go. Then you can build a McDonald's on every corner and say to hell with "fighting fit" condition.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6336|Éire

Kmarion wrote:

Braddock wrote:

If you beat their ass bad enough the first time you don't have to worry about another go. Then you can build a McDonald's on every corner and say to hell with "fighting fit" condition.
"Fighting Fat" condition!
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6440|The Gem Saloon
i would run.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6614|Mountains of NC

https://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd303/GreeneArrow/GunFight.gif

I would never give in or give up
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6647|132 and Bush

Braddock wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Braddock wrote:

"Fighting Fat" condition!
Just make sure you've got a big enough sack to relax. Lest you end up in the forest throwing molotov cocktail at passing M1 Abrams.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Steel
on_Target
+65|6363|Sarasota Fl
If a Tyranical Regime Took Over Your Country...
This has happened and we call it
"The Federal Reserve"
https://inyourface.tv/tim/pictures/100%20Note.jpg
FallenMorgan
+53|5960|Glendale, CA

B.Schuss wrote:

dunno, really. if we are talking about our own government turning tyrannical, as has been said, those changes don't happen overnight, so I'd fight it politically before it happens.
if it happens anyway, my decision would depend on the question wether there is a realistic chance of leading a successful guerilla war against the government and have a revolution. If a revolution is the will of the people, then it will happen, and I'd probaby be part of it.
On the other hand, if the people didn't do anything to stop the government from turning tyrannical in the first place, it is rather unlikely that they'd engage in a guerilla war immediately.
The whole scenario is a bit constructed.

Honestly though, if the country I was living in went down a road that I didn't approve of, and there was no chance for political change, I'd probably pack my bags and leave for good.

It's always easy to say that one would fight for freedom until the death if you don't actually have to do it...
Sort of like Germany.  The people liked the Nazis when they came to power.  Most western countries are too freedom loving to be like that.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6624|Columbus, OH
If I can still get a chessesburger, I will be law abiding. If things get really rough then move out of the country. Cananda makes soso tasting cheeseburgers amirite

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard