lord.knaslaban
+13|6589|Uppsala, Sweden
Ok, so we have got an arts project. The assignment is to take three photos that belongs to a theme. I have until Monday next week to finish it, and I don't even have a theme, which is starting to stress me majorly.
So if you guys have any suggestions or examples of a theme and photo stuff I'd really appreciate it..

Thanks
Alone+EasyTarget
+38|6380|From: From: From:
so basically you want ideas on a theme?...u only need to take 3 photos?
lord.knaslaban
+13|6589|Uppsala, Sweden
well yes, I can take like 50 photos, but I can only pick 3-4 of them...
Lai
+186|6174
Ok,.. well to be honest there are two ways to get brilliant pictures relatively easily, both with their advantages and disadvantages:

1. Go climb a mountain and take panoramic pictures
+ Aesthetically responsible, relaxing and hard to fail
- Labour intensive, especially if you're the urban kind of guy

2. Ladies
+ Close to home, not that hard to find subjects
- Be very carefull with your shots, requires more aesthetical sense and you'll have to ask permission.

Do you travel by train often? If so, I think I might have a theme for you, which is quite doable as well since you need only three shots.

[little secret]Ever sat in a train in a window-seat with a random lady in the opposite window-seat? Unless the lady happens to be very pretty and you happen to be very ill-mannered you'll probably end up staring out of the window. See the refelection of the lady's image in the window; the refelection looks much prettier doesn't it? The window mirrors the image quite well, especially if it's darker outside than inside the train. However since it's still a window and not a real mirror, the 'resolution is lowered' [/little secret]

If you somehow manage to capture both images (in one shot) you'll have brilliant photographs! In any case women in trains make for brilliant shots; especially if the train isn't to crowded (she'll probably listening to her MP3 or staring oput the window herself there is a kind of serenity about the picture. Just ask them to continue whatever they're doing and if they're ok with you taking a photo of it.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6719|NJ
I'd go with a car theme if you would.. Start at a dealership, then go to cars on the road, then go with a junkyard... problem solved if you're into that.. Then if they ask you can say how it's showing a reflection of life in an inanimate object... You'll seem sensitive to the ladies as well.

Sensitive and manly

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2008-04-24 06:56:39)

lord.knaslaban
+13|6589|Uppsala, Sweden
thanks for the tips, I think I will go with the car idea .
As for the train thing, this is handy when you want to look at someone without being creepy - it looks like your just staring out the window (it might be a little creepy anyway )
Lai
+186|6174

lord.knaslaban wrote:

thanks for the tips, I think I will go with the car idea .
As for the train thing, this is handy when you want to look at someone without being creepy - it looks like your just staring out the window (it might be a little creepy anyway )
Whether it's creepy or not depends on your perspective; if you're looking with a artistical view there isn't much of an issue, but it does saves you the trouble of a misinterpretation

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard