u
+972|6454|tc_london
omfg hax^^
TouhuTippa
+2|6238|Finland
That looks very nice I hope i can play that mod someday! :p
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6316
I think i'll fire it up again. Shame there are so few maps that support bots.

Oh but wait I have the 2142 sp mod don't I. Does anyone know how to port maps to 2142? I can get them to appear on the map list, but if i try and start one it just says i need to select a map.

I bet there's 1 line of code somewhere that I can't find that needs to be there. But i've compared loads of text files for each game and can't find anything.

One thing I want to get working better is the kit customization screen. I think at one point I was able to get it so you could choose C4 or Claymores for the sniper kit. But sometimes dragging the icons wouldn't work and often it crashed during loading (if you didn't set up the weapon identity number up correctly or something. None of the icons for the guns work either. I've tried all sorts of things.

Eventually I just gave each kit 2 unlocks for the main weapons. And with the G3 I made it so that the nade launcher was swapped with grenades .

Random crap nobody cares about:
Just had a little play about and remembered a bunch of stuff. And took some screenshots . For some reason I can't drag and drop some of the unlocks onto the player. It works with some and doesn't work with others. I have no idea why.

For example,  the sniper you can choose the default (M24), the first unlock (G36C) or the 2nd unlock (L96A1).

If you try and be AT/Engineer, you can choose the default (Bernelli M4), or the 2nd unlock (MP5). The first unlock (DAO-12) wont drag and drop.

If you try and be assault, you can choose the M16 + M203 as default, and can't drag and drop either the AK101 or G36E.

As support, you can choose the  default (M249 SAW), or the or the 2nd unlock (RPK). The first unlock (PKM) wont drag and drop.

However, the bots can choose these weapons. So if i want to try them I just need to find a friendly bot and kill him .

Random things i've noticed:

The Walker is very good at avoiding AT mines. I don't even know if they work on it. I layed all 5 at the entrance of Camp Gibraltar, and both jeeps got destroyed by my mines, but the walker carried on regardless.

The Support guys have medic's bodies, the Assault guys have assault bodies, snipers have AT bodies and Engineer's have Engineers bodies.

When I said the Bf2 parachutes are messed up, I wasn't joking.

The M1A2 handles strangely. It seems reluctant to move fowards.

I switched over to the PAC and fought the USMC. When the USMC support guys were trying to knife me, they'd sometimes switch to their knife, try and hit me a few times, and then switch to their ammo bags.

The bots don't give me medibags or ammo bags . When I throw medibags on the ground they don't work on the bots. They work on the bots if i hold them, and they work on me if i run over them.

I forgot that the M1A2 can't walk over obstacles and I replaced the EU walker with it. So it was stuck at the bottom of the map.

Something is up with the C4. You can stick all 5 onto a walkers legs and it won't get destroyed. It kills inf fine.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2008-04-10 09:51:20)

eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6290|TEXAS
Bf2 HAS a MAJOR advantage we call them uhhh JETS!
Zukabazuka
+23|6731

eaglecorps wrote:

We have ehm EMP MISSILES. You need highspeed to take of and if you lose power in the middle its gonna be a smoking crater for you fellas. Not to talk about our Walkers have emp missiles to, and there are more AA turrets on the maps than BF2 ever had.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6316
The AA turrets in 2142 are not going to be able to touch BF2 jets. It's difficult enough hitting the slow moving Gunships and Trans Heli's.

The Jets however won't be as dominant. Any 2142 inf player can choose the SAAW.
Zukabazuka
+23|6731
We then have engineers AA rocket launcher.
kptk92
u
+972|6454|tc_london

Zukabazuka wrote:

eaglecorps wrote:

We have ehm EMP MISSILES. You need highspeed to take of and if you lose power in the middle its gonna be a smoking crater for you fellas. Not to talk about our Walkers have emp missiles to, and there are more AA turrets on the maps than BF2 ever had.
LOL fight fight fight!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard