slaata
there's laughter in slaughter
+18|6742
I hope someone can help me out with this problem, i have been researching all day and not found the answer.

I bought a lifebook s7110 from ebay a month ago. I have since discovered that the bios has a password on it. The seller says he doesn't know it and i cant get in to enable onboard devices.

It is a pheonix bios , bits I have read say that it probably has a security chip on the mobo which will lock you out if you try to remove the cmos battery.

any ideas??
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6509|N. Ireland
I think that your best bet would be to contact Fujitsu Siemens themselves. Alternatively try "password" just to in case. Sorry I can't help more!
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6213|Winland

kylef wrote:

I think that your best bet would be to contact Fujitsu Siemens themselves. Alternatively try "password" just to in case. Sorry I can't help more!
That, a hardware brute forcer, or a special BIOS clearing app... Can't remember the name, something along the lines of "CMOS Killer" or "BIOS Killer".
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
slaata
+18|6742
I am under the impression you cant use that kind of program on a laptop? something to do with the cmos?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6509|N. Ireland
When you remove the CMOS battery it pretty much clears all BIOS settings, and in some cases the password too. However, accessing the motherboard CMOS battery could be hard enough, the last thing you want to do is take it out only to find the computer locked (for security reasons)
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6213|Winland

slaata wrote:

I am under the impression you cant use that kind of program on a laptop? something to do with the cmos?
Used that on many notebooks, including several by Fujitsu-Siemens. Can't remember the name, though
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
tobz102
+11|5955|UK
clearing your cmos clears your bios therefore the password too. theres a few ways of doing this...

1) Turn off the PC. Hold down the {Insert} key and then turn the PC on and wait for it to boot. On some PCs, this will clear and reset the CMOS memory for you.

2) Try the same thing with the {Delete} key. Again, it usually won't work.

3) You would need to go inside your case and find something called the cmos jumper. if you have a manual it should show you were this is... Swap the position of this to off...then back to on.

4) if you cant find the cmos jumper then find the battery on the motherboard (looks like a watch battery) and take it out for at least over night.

hope this helps
tobz102
+11|5955|UK
though saying that its a laptop so dont go destroying it trying to find the jumpers and the battery.
slaata
+18|6742
thanks for that .I was looking on a forum where a guy said he had to pay $400 to get it reset at the main dealers .

So if its as hard as that I started thinking maybe you would need an eprom programmer ?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard