Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6797|Noizyland

DICE have done well with the patch. We have new weapons, one of which is awesome, (I can only speak for the L96A1, I havn't tried the P90,) the AA is not overly accurate, it just works now - as it always should have. The Support weapons arn't overly accurate either - they just work too now. it used to be that even a very close target could survive 40 PKM bullets at their faces, now - yes they are easier to use, but pre 1.2, they were near impossible, so there you have it.

Bugs. Okay, I have encountered one bug. Just one, and I don't care! There will always be bugs in games just like they'll always be that careless boom mike operator in movies - only dumbarses are bothered to point them out and then whine about them.

So, yeah I am one for the "waaaaaaahhhhhh.com" petition. Adapt. Get used to it. It's different okay, so what? If you simply can't cope, you're welcome to piss off and play 1.,12 for all eternity, I don't really care.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6753|Uhh... erm...
I'm with Tyf all the way. I would relish the challenge of having to dodge all those AA.
fuzzyballs44
+3|6732|Coeur D' Alene, ID
THE MAJORITY OF PLAYERS ARE EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH THE PATCH!!! 

Let's all pitch in and get some Whaaaamburgers and French Cries for the chopper pilots/jet pilots/bunny hoppers/noob tubers.....and just in case they are thirsty lets grab some Wineikens.....I'll get the Wambulance on the horn if someone cries so hard they collapse.

QUIT COMPLAINING AND ADAPT UNTIL THEY BRING THE NEXT PATCH THROUGH TO SMOOTH SOME OF THE ROUGH EDGES OUT!!!  The game is still a bad ass STRATEGY/TEAM BASED game to play.  Learn to work with your men instead of flying around in an invincible weapon bombing the shit out of the people below you that have no defenses.

p.s. A petition is ill effective unless you have roughly 10% of the population base that is effected.  I would like to see you get 60,000 players to sign your little thing that 98% OF THE PLAYERS LOVE BECAUSE IT RIDS US THE AFOREMENTIONED poopy pants pilots!

Last edited by fuzzyballs44 (2006-02-20 01:56:21)

No_Smoking
all your base are belong to us
+35|6719|Sacramento
Where is the petition against petitions? I will sign that one.
fuzzyballs44
+3|6732|Coeur D' Alene, ID
Whoever started the petition idea....which was on another site seriously needs to get kicked right in the squishy!
markedouglas
+0|6668
No way. Say no to jumping C4 frogs or Helo Hogs
Tor77
Ron Jeremy Apprentice
+84|6675|Norway

Mookie007 wrote:

Only ones still bitching are the gimps who couldnt do any of this in the first place, yet are the first ones to call someone elses "skillzorz" into question.

I'm still seeing plenty of jets/choppers in the air on the servers I'm playing, only now instead of locking out in a cirlce spinning around over spawn points they have to play it stright and pick their spots. Some of them have gotten real good at it too, hiding behind hills/buildings/trees comming in too low for thge AA to target them, taking the AA out first (hey theres a thought) and then bombing the spawns. alot of pilots have actually embraced the support role, taing out tanks for ground troops and that kind of thing.

So you cant circle a spawn point and rack up kills like crazy anymore...GOOD. You werent supposed to be able to in the first place.

So you cant hammer your space bar like a horny rabbit jumping around the screen....GOOD. you werent supposed to be able to in the first place.

So you cant run around blowing grenades up at peoples feet from closer than 10ft. away....GOOD. You werent supposed to be able to in the first place.

The REAL pilots have already shut up and adapted to the patch.
I'm totally  behind you here.
vonSteuben
+3|6725|Essen - Germany
Well, before Patch 1.2 my flight time (if you can call it "flight time", since I didn't fly but was blown to bits on the runway both times I sat in a plane) was a bit more than one minute.
My only experience in the air was when i tried the planes on an empty server or in single player to get my joystick settings set.

After Patch 1.2 there were so many planes available on the maps that I finally decided "Heck, I am going to try it now."
Being the total flying noob I fired up the engines and did some flying, even managed to bomb stuff, avoid being shot down for 3 minutes, got my badge and crashed into a smokestack when I was gaping at the award in astonishement.
I was shot down by AA from the ground twice during the whole round, about 2 or 3 times by another plane and crashed the rest of the time (like I said, I just flew for the first time in that round in a real multiplayer battle)

My point? When an absolut beginner (*hums David Bowie's Song*) can survive the AA, a good pilot will probably have less problems. You might not get an as good K/D ratio as you got before 1.2, but you still can give the infantry a decent headache....

I tried the chopper on some unranked servers a bit and guess what? Flying "Nap of the Earth" helps a lot. Coming over a hill or shooting up behind a building allows you to take out AA emplacements or AA vehicles before they can get a lock on. I love flying NOE. Loved it in Chopper-Sims already and this gives you a great feeling of speed and realism, since from what I know Attack Choppers don't hang out there in the open sky but use the terrain to "sneak up" on enemies and take them out in a surprise strike while just popping up from cover, firing and bolting behind the next ridge again.

If THIS newbie (*points at self*) can do it, then YOU can do it!

The only thing that the new AA really does is to enforce new tactics on the flyboys.
And remember always: The Force... errrr..... This game is ment to be fun and not "work". Stats and points and badges come by themselves

See ya,
vonSteuben
[A-A]Sgt.Sonner
+0|6706|Denmark
Only thing I hate about the new patch is all the fucking bugs... AA is overrated..
Flyboy63
+8|6727|South Australia
umm...no.
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6775
no way
[NER]Zento
Enemy Armor Spotted !
+6|6668|Karkand Street
Imho, the only bad thing is the overpowered PKM, other than that, it's the best bf2 patch ever. So go f*ck yourself with you petition. The game is what it was supposed to be in th first place.
encoded_evil
+1|6680|Gent

Dilly wrote:

go to the EA official forums and petition against the patch.  Lets take this game back for ourselves and stop the noobs from ruining every game.  Just because they suck dosent mean they should have the game made easier so they can compete.  They should go play some single player doom on easy level if they want a game they can play.  so please go support this petition.

http://forums.easports.com/mboards/thre … adID=44872
the patch rulez
go play something else noob
elmer1082
To The Front
+4|6778|Columbus, Indiana

Mookie007 wrote:

CC-Marley wrote:

AA is not too strong. It just takes a little more thought in what you are doing. Can't fly around anywhere you want anymore. Just like real jets wouldn't fly close to SAM sites. Just change your approach vectors, memorize AA emplacements, and NEVER Letta jet on your six. Actually is more fun now that I've adapted.
Agreed 100%

Only ones still bitching are the gimps who couldn't do any of this in the first place, yet are the first ones to call someone else's "skillzorz" into question.

I'm still seeing plenty of jets/choppers in the air on the servers I'm playing, only now instead of locking out in a circle spinning around over spawn points they have to play it straight and pick their spots. Some of them have gotten real good at it too, hiding behind hills/buildings/trees coming in too low for the AA to target them, taking the AA out first (hey there's a thought) and then bombing the spawns. a lot of pilots have actually embraced the support role, taking out tanks for ground troops and that kind of thing.

So you cant circle a spawn point and rack up kills like crazy anymore...GOOD. You weren't supposed to be able to in the first place.

So you cant hammer your space bar like a horny rabbit jumping around the screen....GOOD. you weren't supposed to be able to in the first place.

So you cant run around blowing grenades up at peoples feet from closer than 10ft. away....GOOD. You weren't supposed to be able to in the first place.

The REAL pilots have already shut up and adapted to the patch.
AMEN, Brother.

Playing Ghost town the other day. Instead of the chopper just sitting there raking in the easy kills they actually had to take runs on the base. Ya they got hit with the "AA" so they had to leave and go repair but he didn't get killed because he knew when to leave.
But the pilot adapted and he did pretty decent after that still got like 77 points.

"Overcome, Adapt, Improvise" - Gunney Highway
Heartbreak Ridge
computermash
+7|6687

Mr.kodak wrote:

The only people that benefited from this patch is the people that are always on the ground, that get killed alot, and just suck..
U do realize that u are talking about most of the people that play the game. Just because all u can do is plane whore and ur wingeing because now ur gonna suck because they nerfed the jets. Well TOO BAD, learn to live with it. Its time to develop some other skills than flying a jet...
Lestat<CoN>
Didnt Do it
+9|6727
Shit i still get owned by anyone in Chopper/Jet it just means the ones who cry over the AA are the ones who couldnt fly with any real skill the pilots who have skill just adapted and moved on the PKM is a bit over powered now but so has the G3 if i have trouble with a guy with his PKM i get the G3 and hes fixed so remember use the most powerful computer on earth your brain and adapt and make new tatics and skills noobs will be noobs just a little bit more dangerous cause they have weapons that help more.
[NER]Zento
Enemy Armor Spotted !
+6|6668|Karkand Street
Mr.kodak souldn't adapt. he's way too angry. I m so happy owning this kind of baseraper with AA i couldn't even hit one time in the first place. Deal with it or bail out.

Last edited by [NER]Zento (2006-02-20 03:40:00)

cpt.puppy
+0|6671
why dont you all stop bitching about the new patch and jus live with it, nobody has an advantage over you as its equal. if your good at the game you wont get slaughtered all the time
Mr.kodak
+-1|6693
i can cope on foot. But i just rekon the aa is too powerful. Isnt it funny tho all the people taht have posted against waht i said are low ranks.
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6780|Brixham, UK
The PKM *is* too strong. You know there are problems when you shoot a sniper who was on top of the TV station from the top of one of the buildings next to the construction site in Sharqi. I went prone, fired one shot, and he was dead.

Other than that:

OH NOEZ I MUST USE SKILLZ TO SURVIVE IN THE AIR NOW! I CANNOT GO 1000000 KILLZ WITHOUT DYING! OMGEAFIXNOWLOL!

Exactly how bad is it that you "only" get a 3:1 k/d ratio instead of 30:1?

Last edited by DUFFKING (2006-02-20 04:02:13)

Zukabazuka
+23|6708
Wanna know something, I'm not that good pilot but dropping flares before those AA missiles hit you actually 1 will miss. So here are few things if you wanna own in the current patch

1 TAKE OUT AA towers PRIMARY.
2 TAKE CARE OF THE REST.

There now you can still own people and you can use your machine gun on the plane to take out AA before they take you out.

and voted NO.

Other thing is that a Jet doesn't get near a Hangar because it would been raped miles away.
[NER]Zento
Enemy Armor Spotted !
+6|6668|Karkand Street

Mr.kodak wrote:

i can cope on foot. But i just rekon the aa is too powerful. Isnt it funny tho all the people taht have posted against waht i said are low ranks.
Sorry sir, i m not.
Mr.kodak
+-1|6693

[NER]Zento wrote:

Mr.kodak wrote:

Sorry sir, i m not.
lol if u want to get technical then i counted 2 people with sigs, with a decent rank then.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6724|New York
What the patch accomplished is All well and fine, But in a Lazy way. I think it Is doing well, BUT I think they need to fix the bugs in it. Mainly the no sound bug, and atleast make the jumping not look so stupid.

Ive seen more full servers since the patch, so im sure EA Thinks everything is ok. I hope they atleast fix the BUGS in it.

Harry
Dilly
The Amish Must Die!
+1|6870
yeah, like EA's gonn b like, "OK, lets bring back dolphin-diving-bunny-hopping and indestructible helicopters and jets AND fuck up the AA so it only works on your teammates, LETS!"
-uuummmmmmm..........-NO!

- why would anyone hate the new patch?
- fcuking nooobos puttas
I hate the new patch because of all the bugs, because the pkm can snipe out snipers, because claymores and landmines are pretty much indestructable roadblocks.  I also hate that the only people who like this patch and thinks its awesome are noobs.  Look at ilyandors stats, 13000 points horrible spm and terrible k:d 3000 of his 4000 kills have been in armor, and encoded evil 18000 with a crappy spm and horrible k:d.

Don't tell me to go find a new game, I never dolphin dived and never bunny hopped/shot, I could care less that they have dolphin diving, I killed them almost every time anyway it is easy if you have skill which you guys obviously don't.  Its easy to take down choppers, I have taken down black hawks and attack choppers with tanks, noob nades, anti tank kits and even a saw once.  I just hate that it took me months to perfect my play style and I was really doing well, my spm went up .2 points in about a month and a half and I was medaling almost every round ground pounding it, not vehicle whoring, and now I have to relearn to play this game.  Its turning into counter strike but worse.  At least in CS you could jump while shooting.  The best kit in the game was ruined when they stopped c4 chucking as well. 

When any of you guys get a decent spm of 1.8 or better then come on here and talk about how you love the new patch.  Until then stfu and let the real players talk about it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard