uber73
+188|6783|Brisbane
this forum used to be a lot better than what it is now.
too much yakking on about patch. too little... other.

Anytime there is a post made for fun, its deleted.  Today, ive seen a post of mine wiped, and various threads wiped for apparently no other reason that because they didnt have a big fucking huge BF2 related reason.
This is becoming drab.

My time with bf2 is over.  its become lame/gay.
anyone wanna buy an account?

adios folks. and kids. and whiners.

Last edited by uber73 (2006-02-19 16:01:24)

uber73
+188|6783|Brisbane
tbh, my interest was waning in bf2 before 1.2 released.  too many people playing like tossers.
if im being perfectly honest, i think the whole stats thing is bad for a fps.  it changes how people play the game.  it makes them behave differently to how fps-ers should/need to play.

fps is about winning rounds, and to do that, there needs to be teamplay.
bf2 doesnt have this as far as i can see... not in the proper sense of the word.  its all about medals, points, badges... not about results, round and map victory.

i, really hate it for that.  at the start, i thought stats were a good idea.. but no more.
i posted elsewhere recently that i reinstalled bf42, and i been playing it constantly since i did.  it shits on bf2.

i URGE anyone who has bf42, to go back to it for a day.

For second time, bye folks.

uber has left the building.
Badvock
Squishing Your Head
+1|6708|Bolton UK
time with BF2 or BF2s ??? if for the reasons above you quit this forum, understood. Adios, vaya con dios good luck etc etc. But to quit the game cos of it? ummmmm............

* EDIT * Damn u posted in between the above was meant for your first post, and you explained yourself in the second.......Damn i gotta quit drinking when i am on here.

Last edited by Badvock (2006-02-19 16:14:28)

Esker
+1|6758
Yeah, I quite liked the random posts that were cropping up, it kinda broke up the "You must agree with me or else your whining" posts and "If you don't like the patch it's because you're a whiner" style posts.

Can't win 'em all and I agree with the whole stats issue, unranked servers are so much more fun.
AlphaDrake
+10|6814|Edmonton
If you want an fps where you win rounds go play cs, leave us alone.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6841|Marathon, Florida Keys
i remember back when bf2s was new and it was just a couple cool people, a few,now theres just to many people and alot of them are ppl that register  and come in acting all badass and flaming everyone they see, wrecking every topic.. Nearly every thread was fun to talk about in, now all it is is people posting about the same thing over and over and over.............turn teh forum registration off!!!!!1111!1!1!
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6793

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

i remember back when bf2s was new and it was just a couple cool people, a few,now theres just to many people and alot of them are ppl that register  and come in acting all badass and flaming everyone they see, wrecking every topic.. Nearly every thread was fun to talk about in, now all it is is people posting about the same thing over and over and over.............turn teh forum registration off!!!!!1111!1!1!
I remember when sigs were not a webcam show.
M730A2
+45|6726
Enemy boat spotted
bingobones
+6|6756|London, UK
enemy water vehicle spotted
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6766|cairns australia
too many spammers too
sleepy127
+4|6770
I kind of wish chuy would take up some of the habits of another unrelated forum I belong to.
1. If it is not a constuctive post that contributes to the community, warn the poster. If the person continues ban them.
2. No flaming and bad language. (also a ban if it continues)
3. All posts should be understandable. (Proper use of language rules)

This site is a great asset to the BF2 community. We should be able to come here and converse about what we have in common (BF2). There are sections clearly marked for any type of post you want just use what is out there. The mods, I am sure would appreciate it. To institute these rules it would mean a lot more work for the mods but would result in a better community. I understand some people would have a hard time adjusting to rules like those above but it seems that something like the changes listed are what is needed.
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6766|cairns australia
too many spammers too
MaxBusta
+0|6678
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6790|Brixham, UK
Yeah, I originally came here because it seemed like a much more friendly place than the likes of TBF2. These days it's just spam, like the dumbass who posted before me, and flame.
DazBurt
Kinda Nice Guy!
+10|6693|In The Zone

pokerplaya wrote:

too many spammers too
I wish there was a way I could turn off spam like this, and then I would only be able to read the decent topical stuff that people post.  Not only do posts like this take up valuable web space but the people posting it are taking up valuable oxygen.

I wish, for once, that I could come on here, click on the "New Posts" link, and not have to filter through pages and pages of rubbish

/rant

Regards,

DazBurt
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6802|AUS, Canberra
fuck i hate sooks who say they are quiting a game, just stop playing it we dont all need to know your sob stories and listing to your sympathy posts.

like i said to dshak, people who make these threads are like chicks who slam cupboard doors after an argument to get attention and have you offer a hug.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard