boojiboy16
+2|6532
have they altered the way active cammo works? I find if I even turn it on now virtually all the enemy forget who they were aiming at and then chase ME round the map. it's become the crapest unlock
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6454|Somersetshire
lol they hear the errrrrrrrr noise, it needs to be quieter, so u can be ninja lol lol lol
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6642|Michigan, USA
Well the fact is, for those who run the game on low settings, active camo isntead of somewhat invisible, it a big ugly smear on the screen thats impossible to miss.  I hate it for hate it for that reason, but the gun drone is still the worst.
Sambuccashake
+126|6656|Sweden
Yeah you're quite easy to see and also makes a noise when close.

I love to dogtag or headshoot cloaked recons...

Last edited by Sambuccashake (2008-02-16 02:02:46)

Longbow
+163|6693|Odessa, Ukraine
Well, It is quite usefull on public server full of noobs.
boojiboy16
+2|6532
I'm generally moving along the edges of maps no where near any of the enemy and yet they all one shot me
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6623|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

boojiboy16 wrote:

have they altered the way active cammo works? I find if I even turn it on now virtually all the enemy forget who they were aiming at and then chase ME round the map. it's become the crapest unlock
Haha, i knew i was not the only one to who this shit happen, right now each time i cloak myself i feel like if i had a big red arrow pointing at me and saying something like " He's there! GET HIM!"
Zukabazuka
+23|6731
Also remember if a support member se you and their team members are nearby they will see you. But yeah its easy to follow the sound and you can see people cloaked, but after a distance it goes to zero.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5977|Somewhere out in Space
And dont cloak against neutral brightness or changing backgrounds. Light/dark=invisible.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6760|Purplicious Wisconsin
Are you playing single player or with coop? Because bots do that all the time.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6735|London, UK
When I ran my PC with a low spec I could spot players using camo easier but I find it now with my new PC all on high its impossible to spot people once their camo'd but you can steal kill em but its just a bit harder but the camo does work
the_ubernoob_
+8|6790
The thing people have to remember about active camouflage is that it is camouflage and not a magic cloaking device.  Against infantry, I find it most useful for moving from sniper spot A to sniper spot B because it reduces the chances of me being noticed.

It is much more useful against vehicles because they have more confined vision and the engine noises can hide the cloaking "Errrrrrrrrrr" noise.
colonelioan
+14|6502|Kanada
Active Camo is the best unlock you can have on a map as huge as Hwy Tampa.

Its simple, its so huge that no one will hear the errrr noise.

AC is also useful when you eject out of a gun ship, out of any vehicle to not be killed too easy.

You wouldn't believe the number of Snipers, Tanks, T Guns, Walkers, Rammers, Shotgunners that i have evaded and owned with this little toy. 

And you guys are pointing at the wrong unlock, the worst unlock for the recon is that stupid ghost pod, Its so great that it shows you on the enemy map.
boojiboy16
+2|6532
what I was saying about the active cammo is this: when I'm far away from the enemy (WAY TOO FAR FOR THEM TO HEAR THE NOISE) if I use the active cammo and I look on the mini map many of the enemy start moving towards me. The enemy are often on the oposite side of the map as well. It seems as though not only does active cammo not work buy it actually makes you stand out.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6389

boojiboy16 wrote:

what I was saying about the active cammo is this: when I'm far away from the enemy (WAY TOO FAR FOR THEM TO HEAR THE NOISE) if I use the active cammo and I look on the mini map many of the enemy start moving towards me. The enemy are often on the oposite side of the map as well. It seems as though not only does active cammo not work buy it actually makes you stand out.
As commander I keep track of people sneaking around the edges of the map. Other commanders do that as well (if they are decent) so no one sneaks past the frontline. Especially on Berlin or similar maps.
If the commadner spots a "Sniper", everyone will look for visual interference produced by the camo. IF your team isn´t a bunch of retards too lazy to chase after you instead of raping the PAC base...

Active camo is great, if used right. As sniper on Belgrade walking on the monorail for example. If your spottet, hit the camo and walk along the railline. Always funny to see people spam your last location with rockets and bullets while you get to a safe distance.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5982

boojiboy16 wrote:

Because it makes an "Errr Errr Errr Errr" sounds, AND those with lame PCs will see a big black slpat of paint walking across their screen and they'll know it's a cloacked guy.

Try useing it when you're farther away and in spots people wouldn't look when you walk by, this way even if they look in your direction they won't realy notice anything since they're not looking for you.
boojiboy16
+2|6532
Bradt3hleader is there a reason you havn't read my posts
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6389

boojiboy16 wrote:

boojiboy is there a reason you havn't read my posts
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard