cospengle
+140|6528|Armidale, NSW, Australia
This guy found that Vegemite was as good as Arctic Silver 3. Not sure how reliable it is, but it's on the internet so it must be true.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6623|SE London

cospengle wrote:

EDIT: I like the stuff that came with my Zalmn CPU cooler. It's easy to apply since it comes in a bottle with a paint brush. The stuff that comes in tubes always results in a messy Mastercard.
Just use bits of paper....

Easy.
jsnipy
+3,276|6564|...

cospengle wrote:

This guy found that Vegemite was as good as Arctic Silver 3. Not sure how reliable it is, but it's on the internet so it must be true.
Now we need a review that artic silver is best on toast.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6591|EUtopia | Austria
The best stuff is liquid metal. Hands down.

However, liquid metal very often damages aluminium surfaces and therefore is not compatible with many CPU coolers.
I for myself have been using Arctic Silver 5, although it is not the best thermal paste available. That might indeed be Arctic Cooling's MX-2, which is, for beginners, easier to apply as you don't have to worry about the surrounding components as it's not ceramic stuff.
One thing about AS5 that I really like, however, is that it's very... solid. If you've got loads of time to spend, you can create an even layer that is so freakin' thin, thinner than you'd every manage a rather fluid ceramique based paste to be. By the way - this might sound incredible, but the temperature drop from pre-applied Arctic Cooling thermal paste on the AC Freezer7Pro to AS5 was 8°C for me.

With kind regards (and recommendations would either be MX-2 or AS5)
Stormscythe
killinzero1
+14|6429

Stormscythe wrote:

The best stuff is liquid metal. Hands down.

However, liquid metal very often damages aluminium surfaces and therefore is not compatible with many CPU coolers.
I for myself have been using Arctic Silver 5, although it is not the best thermal paste available. That might indeed be Arctic Cooling's MX-2, which is, for beginners, easier to apply as you don't have to worry about the surrounding components as it's not ceramic stuff.
One thing about AS5 that I really like, however, is that it's very... solid. If you've got loads of time to spend, you can create an even layer that is so freakin' thin, thinner than you'd every manage a rather fluid ceramique based paste to be. By the way - this might sound incredible, but the temperature drop from pre-applied Arctic Cooling thermal paste on the AC Freezer7Pro to AS5 was 8°C for me.

With kind regards (and recommendations would either be MX-2 or AS5)
Stormscythe
thank you strom for you recommendation i think i will buy the MX-2

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard