nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6362|New Haven, CT
So if I win and choose not to pay, what happens?

(Sorry at off-topic).

You should look for Opterons over X2, really. They are better for OC'ing and have a larger cache.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2008-02-11 00:36:40)

CrazeD
+368|6711|Maine

nukchebi0 wrote:

You should look for Opterons over X2, really. They are better for OC'ing and have a larger cache.
Fo sho.

If you can find a Opty 170 or 175, that would probably be your fastest solution, unless you can get your hands on an FX-60.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6453|Finland

there is one Opty 180 selling at 120€ with zalman 9500... a bit on the expensive side tho... I'll try to find cheaper 170/175s or X2s

edit: The 4200+ X2 I bought was 50€ + 3500+. That is about the price you can get the cheaper X2s. Demand is high but there seems to be more and more sellers now. (everyone buying C2Ds?)

Last edited by GC_PaNzerFIN (2008-02-11 02:26:00)

3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6362|New Haven, CT
Way on the expensive side.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6848|Nårvei

I totally agree with you Donnie ... it's not comsumer friendly at all
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6670|Finland

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

edit: The 4200+ X2 I bought was 50€ + 3500+. That is about the price you can get the cheaper X2s.
That's what I could be after.
I need around tree fiddy.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6492|The Twilight Zone
Same here Donnie. couple years ago i bought a 939 mobo so i can upgrade in the future. There were also the 754 mobos or something like that. I have a 3500+ and if i choose to upgrade i can buy a 4200+ which sucks. I was lucky that my mobo died and was replaced by a new one for free and the new one was pci express (old one was agp8x). so the store where i bought the mobo actually upgraded my pc a bit. had to buy a new gfx card though. I decided i'm always gonna buy a mid range PC and then sell it when i think its outdated.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Brasso
+1,549|6669

Guess what Don?  I was going to go with that same mobo a couple years ago, but instead chose an Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe.  I still have to upgrade soon, because I'm stuck with Socket 939 and DDR RAM.  So it's not your motherboard.

Oh, and btw, the S939 4200+ doesn't really suck, mine's running at 3.0 GHz.  It's only jealousy of the C2D's and dirt-cheap DDR2 RAM that make me want to upgrade.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Ubersturmbannfuhrer
I am a fucking homosexual
+211|6645|Parainen, Finland
Hey Don, are you more Tech-savvy than me???
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6532|N. Ireland
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6324|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

ThomasMorgan wrote:

All I heard was "waaahhhhh, waaaahhhhh, wahhhhhhhh!"

http://www.jsd.k12.ca.us/bf/teachers/Me … g_baby.jpg
At first, I was thinking "ban", but then.. I noticed that you were a MOD

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
jsnipy
+3,276|6561|...

Prescription drug market is very similar.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6659|London, England
My Socket A/AGP/DDR computer has hit the wall. Instead of paying £500 for a new computer (£500 can get you a good computer if you build it yourself). I'm just gonna spend half of that and get a PS3 instead. There's some fine games coming out on consoles now. And The PC Gaming Scene is getting saturated with Wizard/Sci-Fi shit (it always was) so fuck that. Plus it costs too much. Even then it doesn't run well (Crysis)

I'm just gonna leave it as it is now and get a PS3. That'll do me.

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-02-11 04:27:36)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6538|so randum

Mek-Izzle wrote:

My Socket A/AGP/DDR computer has hit the wall. Instead of paying £500 for a new computer (£500 can get you a good computer if you build it yourself). I'm just gonna spend half of that and get a PS3 instead. There's some fine games coming out on consoles now. And The PC Gaming Scene is getting saturated with Wizard/Sci-Fi shit (it always was) so fuck that. Plus it costs too much. Even then it doesn't run well (Crysis)

I'm just gonna leave it as it is now and get a PS3. That'll do me.
Get Xbox you slut.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6236|Winland

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Hey Don... I'll try to look for a socket 939 Athlon X2 for you. I know a good place where to get hardware. I just bought a 4200+ X2 for my friend there. Much better than huuto.net
WHERE? WHERE? WHERE?
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6453|Finland

Freezer7Pro wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Hey Don... I'll try to look for a socket 939 Athlon X2 for you. I know a good place where to get hardware. I just bought a 4200+ X2 for my friend there. Much better than huuto.net
WHERE? WHERE? WHERE?
In muropaketti. (well known Finnish OC site). http://keskustelu.plaza.fi/muropaketti/bbs/
Don you should read the selling and buying pages once in a while and maybe even post a thread on the buying pages... there are a lot good ppl there
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard