_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6732|Riva, MD
Why do people keep making end of the world threads?  Do you all look forward to it or something?
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6147|Scotland!

_j5689_ wrote:

Why do people keep making end of the world threads?  Do you all look forward to it or something?
cause we can't make any after it
jord
+2,382|6693|The North, beyond the wall.
When I look at the amount of people that think the world will end in 2012. I think to myself:

How can I make money off this retardary?
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6756|OctoLand
I'd participate in a world record orgy roughly a year before it ends...I'd get AIDS, but meh.
I know fucking karate
Dr_5.56
+0|5946|DK
If i had 6 more yrs to live, i would probably finish myself off

if this sucker hit, theres nothing to live for anyways...
sadly it's in japanese
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=QlYmO4S_Dkk[/youtube]
djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6351|Oregon
I would spend the next 6 years fucking around
slaata
there's laughter in slaughter
+18|6742

Canadianloser wrote:

naightknifar wrote:

Eat my own hat.
eat his own hat
chewy but not bad with honey mustard
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6462|Chicago, IL

Dr_5.56 wrote:

If i had 6 more yrs to live, i would probably finish myself off

if this sucker hit, theres nothing to live for anyways...
sadly it's in japanese
I doubt there are any free (erratic orbit) objects of that size wandering our solar system.

Most asteroids are only around 1 km across.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6580|Area 51
Call mah alien friends to come and pick me up.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6287
Get laid!
Dr_5.56
+0|5946|DK

RDMC wrote:

hey! drop by my place, i'll bring the beers
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6845|Denver colorado
I'd just live in the moment and do no extra preparations to try and survive the inevitable death

Last edited by lavadisk (2008-02-03 13:01:44)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6580|Area 51

Dr_5.56 wrote:

RDMC wrote:

hey! drop by my place, i'll bring the beers
Mmm..pick you up and get beers in return. Sounds like a fair deal to me.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6721
I'd get all of my best friend together and build a massive underground shelter.  We would build a power generator that would be powered by the heat from the earth's upper mantle.  We would get our food from our stockpiles and hydroponically grown fruits/vegetables.
Deadmonkiefart
+177|6721

Locoloki wrote:

find out where the meteor was going to land and gtf as far away as possible
If you went to the other side of the world, it would be even worse if you than if you had gone half way to the other side of the world.  The shock waves from all over the globe would converge on that one spot and the pressure would crush absolutely everything there.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6636|Gold coast, Aus.
Sit back and relax and watch while the asteroid gets blown up by modern weapons created purely for this reason, made in the 6 year period that people did stupid shit to avoid what would be eventually nothing.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6671|UK
Well i don't know if you just randomly picked an amount of years or you actually know about the Mayan calender, they predict the world will end in 6 years.. take a look at this news article  http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/20 … 2012_n.htm
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6014|...
go to the place where it's gonna land and track it, follow it and make a good time out of my last 6 years. You won't notice it anyway when it's going to crash into the earth. An asteroid is about 8 times quicker than a bullet when it's considered slow. You'll probably vaporize before it lands anyway.
inane little opines
ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6376|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR
idk

id probably get a bunch of the world's best deep core drillers, send them up to space in two space shuttles.  the shuttles would dock with the space station and refuel.  then they would undock and do a little "slingshot" around the moon, coming up directly behind the asteroid.  there would probably be lots of debris from the asteroid.  maybe one of the shuttles would hit a flying rock and crash.  the second shuttle would then land on the asteroid.  the remaining team would start to drill to 800 feet (the most likely fault line of the asteroid).  once they hit 800 feet, they would drop a nuclear warhead in the hole, take off, and detonate before the asteroid arrived at the 0 barrier.  the asteroid would then split in half and the two halves would miss the earth.  the end

te he he

Last edited by ceslayer23 (2008-02-03 14:59:07)

Deadmonkiefart
+177|6721

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

Well i don't know if you just randomly picked an amount of years or you actually know about the Mayan calender, they predict the world will end in 6 years.. take a look at this news article  http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/20 … 2012_n.htm
The Mayan calender did not exactly predict the end of the world.  They predicted an end to a cycle of time.  It is similar to apocalypse, but it is also the dawn of a new age.  The Mayan Calender is split into 5 cycles, each lasting several hundred years.  The year 2012 is simply the end of the 5th cycle.  It will be both the end of th 5th cycle, and the beginning of the 1st.  It is not currently known how the Mayans predicted when the earth would next allign with the center of the galaxy, but they did.  I don't exactly remember what it is called, but it is an exceedingly rare event.  Both the Sun, Earth, and several other planets all line up.  I believe it happens only every 27,000 years or so.  The Mayans believed that the god of evil resided in the center of our galaxy, and that when we were lined up with it, the god of evil, and the creator of the human race would play a game of mayan ball,  signifying the end of an age.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6014|...

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

The Mayan calender did not exactly predict the end of the world.  They predicted an end to a cycle of time.  It is similar to apocalypse, but it is also the dawn of a new age.  The Mayan Calender is split into 5 cycles, each lasting several hundred years.  The year 2012 is simply the end of the 5th cycle.  It will be both the end of th 5th cycle, and the beginning of the 1st.  It is not currently known how the Mayans predicted when the earth would next allign with the center of the galaxy, but they did.  I don't exactly remember what it is called, but it is an exceedingly rare event.  Both the Sun, Earth, and several other planets all line up.  I believe it happens only every 27,000 years or so.  The Mayans believed that the god of evil resided in the center of our galaxy, and that when we were lined up with it, the god of evil, and the creator of the human race would play a game of mayan ball,  signifying the end of an age.
Finally someone who knows the facts and not the bullshit. +1
inane little opines
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6592|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

jord wrote:

When I look at the amount of people that think the world will end in 2012. I think to myself:

How can I make money off this retardary?
You too? Let's be partner then! I got some pretty nice idea!
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6824|Marathon, Florida Keys

_j5689_ wrote:

I do actually, my ideal way to go is seeing a multiple-mile high wall of fire coming at me at 1000mph. I'd find out where the asteroid would hit and go put a lawnchair and umbrella about 5 miles from the launch site and watch the fireworks.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Defiance
+438|6686

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

I do actually, my ideal way to go is seeing a multiple-mile high wall of fire coming at me at 1000mph. I'd find out where the asteroid would hit and go put a lawnchair and umbrella about 5 miles from the launch site and watch the fireworks.
I'd have to agree, I'd die knowing I was comfortable and ready for one hell of a show.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6725|Sweden
I believe the government would try their best to keep that kind of information away from us just think of it.. 6 years nothing you do or have done will matter? Anarchy, riots that´s what i think would happen who on earth would like to go to their work every day knowing they are dead meat anyways. Would be nicer to know like a month before the shit blows up.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard