Lazy8s
+0|6695
Aparently there is a hack/exploit that allows the MEC chopper to spam unlimited and uninterrupted flares. I just had it happen to me on Gulf of Oman. Sorry the video isn't the absolute best but we had 1 base left and were getting destroyed by the invencible chopper. :-/ If you look the chopper is the only one dropping flares and there are always flares under him. It was tanking the FPS of everyone in the server (I was on team speak with 12 of the 64) and we all saw it. I can try to take better video if I see it later. I also got his name if it's ok to post it. Thanks for watching. Anyone else see this?

http://files.filefront.com/UnlimitedFlaresavi/;4763743;;/fileinfo.html
oberst_enzian
+234|6782|melb.au
new glitches already... why am i not surprised
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6731|Calgary
Good, the MEC chopper sucks anyways
Anima05
+1|6799

Superslim wrote:

wtf the MEC chopper is the best one
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6731|Calgary

Anima05 wrote:

Superslim wrote:

wtf the MEC chopper is the best one
Guns suck, and its not as stable as a blackhawk. However, I will admit I think it can take more damage that a Blackhawk.
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6794

The MEC chopper is awesome at taking out infantry and is heavily armored, but is much less maneuverable than the Cobra or Z-10
Justinian
+1|6818
The MEC attack helo sucks?

o.o

No way, the MG on the assault helo is incredible
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6704|NT, like Mick Dundee

Superslim is talkin about the Transport chopper I think...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6731|Calgary

Flecco wrote:

Superslim is talkin about the Transport chopper I think...
Yes, I am talking about the transport
PwnSauce
+0|6687
Damn already glitches? o_0 w00t!!!

~Havent heard anything possitive bout this patch yet~
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6704|NT, like Mick Dundee

Nobody else in the thread is....

PwnSauce, if you use search you will find praise for the game...

Personally I like throwing the C4/BH whore/Jet whore's excuse back at them...

Adapt and survive, if its in the game use it...

Well all that stuff is in the game now, I really like the idea that engineers are now a balanced kit...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6761|Oregon
its actually with all the choppers...even though you might not be able to see it on your own exterior view, it is there. it is not, however, on the jets. go figure...
zFeinT
+35|6708
Oops. I just posted a topic about this - although my main intent was to point out the indifference in which my comments were meant.  I don't mean it to be repetative.  I have seen this event...and it isn't very comforting.
Maj.Do
+85|6791|good old CA
had that 2, also has anyone had that weird c4 thing, i drop 1 gonna blow theni plant another, try to blow both then somehow drop another and another and another
A|F-->Steve910
+0|6719
the blackhawk did it to me.  it did it for about 5 minutes while i tried to launch missiles at it.......
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6713|Houston, Texas
yup all helo's can do it. it's weird and sucks
Hyper
Banned
+154|6790
i experienced this on wake island earlier except it wasnt a chopper it was a j10.
dropped flares 3x in a matter of 10 seconds.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6883|Bryan/College Station, TX
Actually this might not be a bug and instead just a matter of circumstance.

Remember the flares will be active until they hit the ground. If a chopper/plane is flying high enough and releases they have a window where they are recharging. If the flare recharge has been shortened then it is possible that they simply could release flares again shortly after the last one of the previous flares hits the deck.

As for the video I see at least 4 aircraft and choppers in the area. it is not clear how many of those aircraft released flares. All of them that you see could have released by both the chopper and the F-35 that flew by and hence look like the chopper is constantly releasing.

I would need more visual on this before I have an opinion and call it a bug.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6758|Melbourne, Australia
glitches allready lol.. god dis patch is not looking good .. im actully starting to miss the little newby bunny hoppers chopper / plane whores and dolphin divers

Last edited by I.M.I Militant (2006-02-15 00:12:11)

TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6865|Netherlands
Flares in daylight !!! 

another braindead add to this already overballooned slugfest gameplay,    pointwhores come and get it...

gettin board and dont give a shit about my points...
only way to get my life back is use it for a goddamn coaster..
Havazn
+39|6733|van.ca
hmmm...i watched this and i must say from what I saw, there were flares from an F35 and then the MI-28 banked onto its side and released its flares. The flares that shot up then floated back down into your line of sight. I only saw the chopper release flares once.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6808|Human Meat Shield

Flecco wrote:

Nobody else in the thread is....

PwnSauce, if you use search you will find praise for the game...

Personally I like throwing the C4/BH whore/Jet whore's excuse back at them...

Adapt and survive, if its in the game use it...

Well all that stuff is in the game now, I really like the idea that engineers are now a balanced kit...
AMEN.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6872
Yeah, encountered it with the PLA chopper on WAKE. Ohwell, loaded him with the Essex chaingun and then he hit the boat trying to get under it.. got two kills
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6783|Malaga, EspaƱa
so what...Flares isnt a big problem...anyhow mostly i shoot he choppers down with a .50 cal .... flares arent going to save his ass
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6814|EUR
I think its a bug not someone exploiting it, Has anyone else notice when someone tries to revive
someone with the pads, they shout clear like 20 times and the body is there having a seizure until
revived.
Thats happened to me on some city maps.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard